Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2009, 05:52 PM

2,178 posts, read 9,575,016 times

Advertisements

harry-If you need anymore information, it is out there on the internet. I have a new computer and no longer have all the links to the information that I had. These are some I just found myself a few days ago.

This has just came out this month but a lot of us suffering from the effects of this drug already knew the whole story hasn't been told...

Statins May Cause Muscle Damage in Some Patients - Cholesterol Information Produced by Doctors For Patients Experiencing High Cholesterol Levels (http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=101734 - broken link)

Attitudes are changing about these drugs and many are deciding to make lifestyle changes rather than take these drugs. Word is spreading and more and more doctors are stating to listen and not brush us off.

I personally know a man who had a TGA episode while on these drugs, many tests were ran on him to discover the cause, none was ever found.. He has quit the drug.

This is a good listen if you want to invest 40 minutes of your time to listen and learn, it explains a lot in there that I experienced myself. You want to hear episode #333. You may not agree with any of it and think they are trying to sell something but what they say makes a lot of sense.
Super Human Radio Network

I just picked a time when I needed a break and relaxed as I listened.

And I ask again, how come I can recognize the statin shuffle in people and when I asked if they are on one, I always get the answer "yes"... But doctors do not recognize it? (I recognize it because that is how I walked myself)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2009, 05:49 AM

23,589 posts, read 70,358,767 times
One place I've found information in the past that is pretty matter-of-fact is Discover Magazine. As I mentioned, the general public has been mislead into assuming that if you take statins you won't develop plaque in the arteries, which is false. Whether or not that misleading was done intentionally is debatable.

Old 07-28-2009, 09:44 AM

481 posts, read 805,947 times
I think those cholesterol drugs have many bad side-effects. I control my own cholesterol by using a wonderful Chinese herb called Jiaogulan.

Old 07-28-2009, 02:10 PM

Quote:
general public has been mislead into assuming that if you take statins you won't develop plaque in the arteries
... and what drug was it that they found out someone had sat on important information that showed that drug made the plaque worst? (and they sat on it for 2 years..)

People are told every day of they don't take these drugs they will have a heart attack and die, yet overall mortality is not improved by taking this stuff.
Even on Lipitor and Crestor's on internet web sights and TV commercials they had the disclaimer "This drug has not been proven to prevent heart attacks or strokes".. They have since removed it since I think to many people were wising up.

Old 07-28-2009, 05:00 PM

I have been looking and looking for this one and just found it for those of you who haven't seen this too. I haven't had a chance to read the whole thing yet.... I Just found it! What I have read is stuff I have read before so far.

Do Cholesterol Drugs Do Any Good?

Old 07-28-2009, 10:07 PM

23,589 posts, read 70,358,767 times
Yeah, that pretty much recaps a bunch of stuff, but note the date. What I find interesting is that there has been no repudiation, no response of "you missed this" and so on. FWIW, on my latest blood panel, I note my doctor (who I had given printouts of some of my research) didn't even bother to check cholesterol.

Now if I could just get people to research history and global warming, and the way the Sahara turned from forest and savanna to desert WITHOUT increased CO2, an how biblical coastal cities sunk WITHOUT increased CO2...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness