Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2014, 04:11 AM

1 posts, read 2,790 times

Advertisements

I had a rod and six nails fitted in my fractured tibia and fibula and after six months I have been told that it has not healed and their is a angle of more than 10 degrees and I have been told I need a another operation to take out the broken nails and have a option to have either a frame or a plate fitted can any give me some advice which is best and abit pain free
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2014, 12:03 PM

1 posts, read 2,720 times
Default Aching bone and small lump post op 10wks

Hi,
So many of you have had a much worse go of it than me. My cast came off 6wks after I had surgery. I broke my tib fib and ankle - tib was a spiral fracture. I walked (limped) out of the hospital at 6weeks. Since then it's been a slow go with swelling, good days and bad for pain. My question is this - just last week I noticed a soft large lump near the top of my scar. It is extremely painful to touch but I started massaging it anyway. It is getting smaller but the pain now shoots up my right bone - sharp shooting ache is the best I can describe it.
Anyone had anything similar ??

Thanks.

Old 09-08-2014, 11:41 PM

8 posts, read 20,326 times
Yup happens to me but only after my daughter jumped and landed with her two feet on my tibia, not long after i had surgery. My fibula doesnt bother me. Its probably those stupid screws. I want them out. She messed it up when she jumped on it ;(

Elevation helps me. I still gotta wait at least 8 months to get it removed. I broke it june 15th and had surgery june 27th.

How long ago did u have surgery?

Old 09-09-2014, 12:38 PM

1 posts, read 2,706 times
My daughter broke a non weight bearing bone in her lower leg. She was put directly into an air cast. She has had the boot for about 4 weeks. Is it ok to walk around on her leg at home without the boot? She says that she is not feeling any pain.

Old 09-25-2014, 11:33 AM

2 posts, read 5,270 times
Default Amartinez1995

Quote:
Originally Posted by amartinez1995 View Post
I just had follow up surgery this past Wednesday the 11th. This is my video showing my progress. As of this post, I am walking alot better, and the independence has been a big time blessing. My life is starting to come back to me, Thank God.

Walking again - YouTube
I had found your video and am so glad I did,this has been a big inspiration to me.I have broken my Fibula & Tibia and ankle on my right foot June 28th,2014 and had surgery the next day.I was a very independent person until this injury.It is now 3 months after the surgery and cannot walk unaided without crutches or walker.My doc.has not informed me of much at all abt the injury,I am finishing up physio today and have to continue excercises at home.I am crying everyday and find myself getting down over this because I feel my life is ruined until I seen you walking across the floor.This has inspired me so much,I can walk or limp across the floor but only with the walker holding with one hand, if I hold onto the cane,my hand becomes very shaky and unsteady,after seeing this I will continue to do so and hopefully walk again,thank you so much for putting this on video God bless you
LBernice

Old 09-25-2014, 12:28 PM

2 posts, read 5,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amartinez1995 View Post
I just had follow up surgery this past Wednesday the 11th. This is my video showing my progress. As of this post, I am walking alot better, and the independence has been a big time blessing. My life is starting to come back to me, Thank God.

Walking again - YouTube
AMARTINEZ
I came across your video and I am glad I did,this has given me inspiration.I have broken my Tibia & Fibula and ankle of right foot on June 28,2014 and had surgery the next day.I am finishing physio today and have to continue it at home.I am very depressed and feeling down since my injury and find myself crying daily now.I am 3 months since the injury and still walking with a walker or crutches and cannot walk with full weight although I am allowed to,there is much pain and pressure from the plate and screws.After seeing your video I have been trying to walk or limp across the floor I can as long as I hold on the right handle of my walker because I am very unsteady with the cain.I will continue to do so.Thank you so much for posting this it has been a inspiration to me.God bless.

Old 10-17-2014, 06:04 PM

1 posts, read 2,548 times
After a car accident I had compound tib/fb fracture in my right leg, after 2 surgeries I have 2 robs a plate and 3 pins in my leg, I have been weight bearing for one week and can't walk without the aid of a walker or crutches. I am in physical therapy 3 days per week. How long does it normally take to walk on your own after you have been given the ok for full weight bearing..I try very very hard to walk without crutches or walker but I can't do it.

Old 10-20-2014, 06:57 AM

1 posts, read 2,519 times
Hi everyone!
Im from Denmark, 23 years, and my "english" isnt so good!

I fractured my ankle 23 May 2014, and got surgery 27 may.
My injury i called Trimalleolar fracture, with syndesmosis and ligament damages.
I Got 11 screws and 1 plate to hold it togehter when healing. Syndesmosis screw is removed, but a broken part of that screw it is still in there, and never come out again

I Just want to say thanks to all, this thread has helped me wery much, in the fight for training the motion in the ankle back again. My ankle is still stiff(tight?) in the morning, but after 30minutes exercises and training in my fitnesscenter, i have 90% of my ankle motion back! i can run (a little) and go down stairs correctly again ! soo happy i cant wait to it will be 100% good again, i hope! Pain and swell is nearly gone!

I Just want to say thanks to everyone, and i pray and hope for superquick and good recovery for everyone <3

Old 10-23-2014, 11:01 PM

1 posts, read 2,465 times
I was in a head on MVA last January 3rd, and survived with facial bone fractures, rib fractures, and open fib/tib fracture/partial amputation.Day one in the hospital, and surgery one, the Ortho told me it was likely my leg would need amputated. After second opinion, the fight to save my leg was ON. External fixated, wound vac, and missing bone from both fib and tib. I'm nine months out, and just completed my fifth surgery this time to replace much hardware on my bones, replace a nonunion bone graft, and realign my foot with my leg. This time we have a bone stimulator in place, and the bone graft is from my own body. I'm half way to getting my first X-rays and putting weight on the leg. I've done ok... It's been a very long, daunting nine months, and I'm praying this last surgery works as My options are limited after this last try. I've fallen twice this go round, once trying to use crutches to climb stairs in the morning and again getting in the shower. It's one thing to fall, and be able to get back up and try again, it's another to fall and not be able to get back up by yourself and try again. My pain has been under control this go round, and I'm really looking forward to tossing the wheelchair and diamantaling the walker and crutches... I know I will walk again. Did I mention we're using a bone growth stimulator this time? Stay healthy, be positive... Gods going to heal me!

Old 10-27-2014, 07:26 PM

1 posts, read 2,427 times
I am beginning week 5 after breaking my tibia and fibula when a horse fell on my leg. They did surgery my 2nd day in the hospital...IM rod in tibia 2 screws near the near, 3 near the ankle. They didn't do anything with the fibula. When I went for my 2 week appointment they took off the cast and took out the stitches. They asked me if I wanted a walking boot, but told me I would be non-weight bearing for another 4 weeks. After reading these posts about bones not healing and people being non weigh bearing for extended periods, I am a little worried. For those of you who had insufficient healing, did you have any signs or symptoms? I am to the point when the only time the pain really bothers me is when I am trying to sleep at night. I have funny pains around the screws, occasional twinges where the bones are broken, and ankle pain nowhere near the broken bones. I can bend my knee around 100 degrees without too much pain and can flex my foot 90 degrees and point my toes relatively easily. I have been using a tens unit on my thigh and very gently on the back of my calf. I also have been using a hyperbaric chamber 3 times a week, massaging the leg daily, taking calcium and vitamin D supplements, using a compression sock for part of the day, and gently stretching the joints. I take pain meds at night to sleep, but that is all. I am going to be crushed if I go to the doctor next Wednesday and he doesn't see progress!! I need a heads up on signs that could spell trouble as far as the healing goes!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness