Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2009, 08:52 PM

24 posts, read 221,439 times

Advertisements

Someone give me a little education on the subject. I'll soon be taking a physical / medical evaluation for a prospective job that requires me to have 20/60 uncorrected and correctable to 20/20. I don't wear glasses or contacts and never have, but I still don't feel that my vision is 20/20 (perfect). Are the Doctor / nurse provided tests the only way to measure, or are there any links that can help me get a ballpark of where I stand? Is 20/60 really bad, or just less than perfect? I don't think I have terrible vision, just less than perfect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2009, 03:17 PM

1,532 posts, read 2,647,436 times
I was an Optometric Assistant for quite a few years, so maybe I can help you a little!

Do you drive and read street signs okay? I would think by the way you describe your vision, you would be within the parameters mentioned. 20/60 vision is not horrible, but I would think you would be having more issues than you mention.

I think the only way to know for sure is to get your eyes checked. By what you say, I would guess that you could be at 20/30 or 20/40, but some people go through life not even realizing that they could be seeing things alot better! I had people come into my office that I was amazed that they even functioned, their vision was so bad, but they insisted that they could see just fine!!

My vision, uncorrected is 20/600!! No, I didn't put too many zeros in there!! They don't use the eye chart for me, because I can't even see the big E! The first time I got contacts I was amazed at how crisp everything looked - it was like being in a different world!!

Good Luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness