U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: Do you plan on getting the H1N1 vaccine shot?
Yes 25 23.58%
No 60 56.60%
Maybe 9 8.49%
Not Sure 12 11.32%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-10-2009, 10:44 PM

2,550 posts, read 6,158,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN2CO View Post
I had a DRs appt. yesterday and I'm going to relay my experience:

While talking to the DR and discussing what I wanted from the appt. I mentioned I was there for the flu shot also. She said "Good one". I asked about the H1N1 - she didn't look me in the eyes and said that it wasn't available.

I got the same reaction from the nurse.

I wish I would have questioned further, but it was obvious they didn't want to discuss it.

Now this could mean A). Since you are not in the high risk category (and I am not, thank God), you will not be getting one OR

B). We have concerns about the shot

I really would always rather hear the truth, whether I like it or not, than have to wonder. I imagine that if they are questioning the safety, they don't want to say that for a variety of reasons.
OR Option C: They told you the truth when they said it wasn't available....because that IS the truth.

The H1N1 vaccine is not yet available....
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2009, 10:46 PM

2,550 posts, read 6,158,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miasmommy View Post
Yes they have. And they will not continue to. Many people are seeing the truth despite your attempts to stop it.
What "truth" are you referring to?

I have yet to see you post anything approximating the truth when it comes to vaccines.

Old 09-10-2009, 11:00 PM

16,276 posts, read 29,888,836 times
When I got my regular seasonal flu shot today, I asked the nurse when she thought they might have the H1N1 available. She said the end of Oct was what they were being told, however she thought it would be restricted to people under 65; us older folks apparently either don't get the exposure of younger people or have some residual immunity form a similar, but not exact, flu strain years ago, not clear to me what the reasoning is. Fine by me as I had a swine flu vaccination many years ago and I imagine there is some similarity even if not complete immunity.

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 09-11-2009, 06:42 AM

5,309 posts, read 3,719,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
OR Option C: They told you the truth when they said it wasn't available....because that IS the truth.

The H1N1 vaccine is not yet available....
I know it's not available yet. My point is that they seemed to not want to discuss it. I've been encouraged in the past to get the regular flu shot - nothing was suggested. So I'm back to my original 2 options.

Old 09-11-2009, 07:21 AM

1,636 posts, read 2,596,095 times
60% of people on this thread alone will NOT be getting the vaccine

Keep spreading the TRUTH! You will save countless lives and promote long term health for all you share with.

Old 09-11-2009, 08:32 AM

2,868 posts, read 6,116,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miasmommy View Post
60% of people on this thread alone will NOT be getting the vaccine

Keep spreading the TRUTH! You will save countless lives and promote long term health for all you share with.

You know what?

The people who will be getting the vaccine...the healthcare workers...will be well enough to take care of those who opt not to get it. There is a reason all of us healthcare workers get these vaccines.

We will be waiting at a hospital near you... ready to go...

Old 09-11-2009, 08:39 AM

5,309 posts, read 3,719,010 times
I applaud all health care workers - I don't know how you do it. I do my best to not be a pain in the arse when I go.

Old 09-11-2009, 08:45 AM

13,001 posts, read 23,838,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taurus430 View Post
The regular flu vaccine is available next week, Sep 9th for me. I was wondering if I should get the swine flu vaccine also, being available in Oct or Nov. What are your thoughts?
I don't tell people on here to get it or not as that's not my business but as for me i'm not getting it as my immune system is powerful. I never get sick and i take 10 grams of vit-C daily for high Interferon levels, 10 grams of Vitamin D daily for high Killer T-Cells and i take 90 grams of whey protein daily for high Glutathione levels on top of lots of garlic, brocolli, green tea and i pump iron and so for me nope i won't as i have no fear of the flu.

Rabies ...Yes
The Flu ...No

Old 09-11-2009, 08:51 AM

1,636 posts, read 2,596,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Danielle* View Post
You know what?

The people who will be getting the vaccine...the healthcare workers...will be well enough to take care of those who opt not to get it. There is a reason all of us healthcare workers get these vaccines.

We will be waiting at a hospital near you... ready to go...

I'm also in healthcare. I'm a nurse. I work with nutrition mostly.

We have 23 nurses. None ever get the shot. Very few doctors get the shot.

I've worked in hospitals and it's usually a 60/40 thing with flu shots.

In other countries, very little nurses are getting the shot.

My daughter's Ped does not recommend the flu shot and neither do a few nurses.

You getting the shot doesn't do anything to protect anyone. Most healthcare workes see ALREADY SICK PEOPLE. And nurses and doctors in hospitals are the MAIN reason diseases spread like MRSA/STAPH. So keep on getting that vaccine, but please, wash those hands

Old 09-11-2009, 09:06 AM

2,868 posts, read 6,116,514 times
Mod cut: personal attackThere is no way you spew the bunk you do and have taken any courses in epidemiology or statistics or anatomy for that matter... not a chance. A nurse knows the difference between a chiro and a MD.
That is a broad claim that RN's/doctors are the main spread of MRSA. There are many ways that it spreads... not just from not washing those hands.

I know at most hospitals, you now have to show proof of a flu vaccine to even visit a maternity ward.

Last edited by Viralmd; 09-11-2009 at 09:20 AM.. Reason: Not necessary. Personal attacks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness