Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you plan on getting the H1N1 vaccine shot?
Yes 25 21.93%
No 67 58.77%
Maybe 9 7.89%
Not Sure 13 11.40%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 08:20 AM

25,961 posts, read 22,120,062 times

Advertisements

No, our family never gets the flu shots. At 55 years old both my husband and myself feel that they would be harmful to our health. We try to exercise and eat right as that will ultimately be the best defense against whatever comes forth and we won't suffer the long term effects that are not known from what they "shoot" in you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2009, 07:22 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,457,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taurus430 View Post
The regular flu vaccine is available next week, Sep 9th for me. I was wondering if I should get the swine flu vaccine also, being available in Oct or Nov. What are your thoughts?
I am getting NEITHER.Just ths fillers in vaccinations are a big enough turnoff to deter me and I would hope - anyone- with half a brain- would also want to avoid taking any vaccinatons--no matter WHAT your medical doctor may say about it. Most medical doctors don't know what is even IN them.

One of the fillers in ALL vaccinations is ALUMINUM. Here are the ingredients:

WAVE - Vaccine Ingredients

Ever wonder why Alzheimers is such an epidemic now (and it wasn't decades ago)? It could be because you have so many seniors running to get their flu shots and at the same time being shot up with : Aluminum, Mercury, antibiotics, anti-freeze animal blood and organs which are doing GREAT short and long term damage.

I have NEVER gotten the flu shot and won't be getting ANY vaccinations ever from now on until I get 100% verification of what the ingredient are and that they are save. I would NEVER just trust a medical doctor or the government without doing my own research.

Old 09-02-2009, 07:48 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,228,525 times
I would hope anyone with half a brain would ignore the misguided ravings of the uninformed anti-vaccination crowd with their baseless claims.

As to the original question

Yes, my family and I will all take the flu vaccine this year, as we do every year, along with the H1N1 vaccine....

Old 09-02-2009, 07:58 PM

7,572 posts, read 9,020,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miasmommy View Post
Nope for me and all of my family (at least 30 people) for both.

They don't work. They do more harm than good.

Some vaccines work and the good outweigh the bad, but in this case it is not so.

Flu shots do NOT prevent flu death.

The immune system's whole point is to encounter disease, fight it and become stronger so the next time a disease comes around it is ready for battle and a quicker defeat.

Many vaccines do not allow the immune system to do it's job. Thus making you have a weaker immune system unable to fight disease.

I'd do some research before deciding.
I totally disagree with this statement. Rather than going on and on - just reverse everything that was said here. I think this year will be a year that I will definitely not miss the flu shot - especially the H1N1. I have taken the flu shot for many years and haven't had the flu - well, I can't remember the last time I had it. The H1N1 sounds nasty so why not protect yourself.

Old 09-02-2009, 08:11 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,457,116 times
For those who don't like to do research or who don't like to read more than a paragraph at a time, you might appreciate www.vactruth.com which is a compilation of VOLUMES of studies and information on vaccinations with links to many more credible sites.

Will HHS be providing liability protection for vaccine manufacturers? And will HHS compensate eligible individuals who might be injured by a vaccine? (http://www.flu.gov/faq/vaccines/1098.html - broken link) is a link with the new protection given to all the makers of the vaccines against lawsuits from side effects of the vaccines by the Secretary of Health and Human Services. So if you get the vaccine, just know that you have zero recourse if you suffer any side effects as a result. In other words, the federal government isn't giving any guarantees about the safety of the vaccinations. You will be taking all the risks and responsiblities if the vaccine turns out not to be safe. I'd also probably guess that, given the fact that the government isn't even standing behind it, your health insurance also probably won't cover any treatment for side effects. You might want to check that out with your carrier to be sure.

Old 09-03-2009, 08:46 AM

1,595 posts, read 2,987,723 times
Hell no!
I've never had a flu shot and rarely get the flu. On the rare occasions I do, it only lasts a few days and then its gone. The H1N1 is so overhyped. It is no worse than the seasonal flu just different.
I do wash my hands regularly and try to avoid people or situations that are likely to expose me to the flu. Also I am in a low risk group. Not old. Not young. I don't work or live with the ill, the elderly or children.

Old 09-03-2009, 10:43 AM

2,111 posts, read 7,951,650 times
Thanks to whoever set up the poll to my thread. I didn't know or think of doing that. Reading feedback on here and the net, I didn't realize the controversy and possible risks of these shots. In the past I did get the regular shot. I now decided not to take either shot.

Thanks for your input and please continue with replies/vote as this is a good signal to others as it was to me.

Old 09-03-2009, 11:18 AM

2,191 posts, read 4,806,963 times
Nope. Our bodies werent designed to be supplemented with an unknown barrage of crap each year...they were made to fight stuff off on its own. If a cold is going to kill you its going to kill you weather you get your flu shot or not. The only vaccination worth getting is small pox and tetnus shots.

If you really want to get paranoid take a look into the anthrax shots the military forces upon its members. I can tell you first hand that I watched them microwave a blue jelly that looked like some kind of slime from neptune then shot it in my arm. I couldnt move for about five minutes and my whole body was in writhing pain. I got to have four of them over the course of a couple years and who knows what long term health side effects will come down on me later in life.

The thing is the military FORCES its members to get these shots now or go to jail. Its only a matter of time before our government will attempt to do the same to the general public with vaccinations of one type or another. I dont trust them.

Old 09-03-2009, 11:23 AM

1,636 posts, read 4,229,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taurus430 View Post
Thanks to whoever set up the poll to my thread. I didn't know or think of doing that. Reading feedback on here and the net, I didn't realize the controversy and possible risks of these shots. In the past I did get the regular shot. I now decided not to take either shot.

Thanks for your input and please continue with replies/vote as this is a good signal to others as it was to me.

Yeeeyyyy!!! One more life saved!!!!

It's worth it to hear all the crap some of us get on here when you hear things like this!

Good for you!!! You have made the right choice

Old 09-03-2009, 11:32 AM

4,792 posts, read 5,901,674 times
I am wondering if the media will immediately report any adverse effects, or deaths from this vaccine ? I had the swine flu shot way back in the late 60's. I have lived in the desert now for 4 years, and I have never had the flu or a cold in that time. When I travelled to Maryland, I got the flu twice, and it was worse than any I had ever experienced before. It turned into a cough that didnt want to go away. It was messy and gross. No flu shots for me. They used to be cheap. 10 bux. Not any more. I am reluctant to get the pneumonia shot, too. They should have the ingredients prominently displayed at all vaccination stations. And remember, if you have a bad reaction, they won't be there to nurse you through it any more than a military recruiter will be with you in the heat of war.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness