U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: Do you plan on getting the H1N1 vaccine shot?
Yes 25 23.58%
No 60 56.60%
Maybe 9 8.49%
Not Sure 12 11.32%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 10:50 PM

1,636 posts, read 2,639,836 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
Was there a point to this Wiki misinformation....

SV40 isn't a vaccine, is no longer found in vaccines, and has never been shown to cause cancer in humans....or didn't you even read your own link

Still waiting for even one case of cancer being caused by vaccine

I don't think anyone falls for it when you purposely try to put an innacurate spin on my posts.

I never said that SV40 was a vaccine. It was a virus present IN a vaccine which was PROVEN to cause cancer and is still being passed down in our genes from generation to generation.

Oh yes, I forgot, you only listen to the studies funded by your favorite one or two sources.

A select few will alway fight these facts.

Vaccines can and have caused cancer. Vaccines can and have caused an array of disease and disorders. We are trading protection from rare diseases for lifelong illnesses. Some vaccines are worthless. Some vaccines protect against diseases that are far from serious or can be prevented in other ways. Vaccines cause autoimmune disorders. And again, VACCINES CAN AND HAVE CAUSED CANCER.

And you mr devil are not waiting for anything. It doesn't matter what link I provide or what doctors or researchers I talk to or what books I've read or even if I watched it happen with my own two eyes, to you everyone is a lamp post and your idea of a good time is to argue with them
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2009, 10:58 PM

9,342 posts, read 16,458,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelleInUtah View Post
I have been getting the regular flu shot for many years, ever since i got a bad case of flu and was sick for 2 weeks. I felt like I would have to get better before I could die! Some years I get a light case for a day or two, if the vaccine isn't quite right for the year's strains, but I have never been sick for longer than that. That's enough for me to continue getting it.

As for swine flu or the H1N1 flu, I'm still waiting for more info. If my doc, whom I trust, sayd to get it, I will.
I have never gotten a flu shot and won't this season. But your post could have come from my mom, who swears by them. She has never gotten the flu since she's taken the shots.

Old 09-09-2009, 12:03 AM

371 posts, read 625,734 times
I've never gotten the flu shot, and haven't had the flu in over 15 years. This is despite working with the public for the majority of those years, in a crowded environment, where sometimes I'd be around hundreds of different people a night. I do think that it built up my immune system.

I've been trying to decide if I want to take this swine flu shot, especially in light of the fact that it may be made mandatory. My instinct is to refuse it. Probably will talk with my Dr. about it, as she practices holistic medicine and I greatly respect her opinion. I think everyone should be free to make the choice, and the shot should not be mandatory.

Old 09-09-2009, 03:08 AM

8,810 posts, read 15,209,125 times
I've never had a flu shot in my life. And I will not be getting this one that is not even proven to be safe. Good luck guinea pigs, you will need it.

Old 09-09-2009, 08:47 AM

7,509 posts, read 11,285,282 times
miasmommy wrote:
I'll play the odds and go 99-1, vs my trust in the CDC anyday!
I'm playing those same odds as you, but I have NO trust in the CDC.

PinkString wrote:
Good luck guinea pigs, you will need it.
I will join you in extending a good luck wish to the guinea pigs of this experiment.

Old 09-09-2009, 09:44 PM

2,579 posts, read 6,305,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miasmommy View Post
I don't think anyone falls for it when you purposely try to put an innacurate spin on my posts.

I never said that SV40 was a vaccine. It was a virus present IN a vaccine which was PROVEN to cause cancer and is still being passed down in our genes from generation to generation.

Oh yes, I forgot, you only listen to the studies funded by your favorite one or two sources.

A select few will alway fight these facts.

Vaccines can and have caused cancer. Vaccines can and have caused an array of disease and disorders. We are trading protection from rare diseases for lifelong illnesses. Some vaccines are worthless. Some vaccines protect against diseases that are far from serious or can be prevented in other ways. Vaccines cause autoimmune disorders. And again, VACCINES CAN AND HAVE CAUSED CANCER.
And you mr devil are not waiting for anything. It doesn't matter what link I provide or what doctors or researchers I talk to or what books I've read or even if I watched it happen with my own two eyes, to you everyone is a lamp post and your idea of a good time is to argue with them
No....they haven't...

And just saying it enough times won't make it true....sorry...

I have yet to see a "link" from you that supports this position...

A WIKI entry( garbage anyway), which by the way if you read goes on to say:

"However, the United States National Cancer Institute announced in 2004 that although SV40 does cause cancer in some animal models, "substantial epidemiological evidence has accumulated to indicate that SV40 likely does not cause cancer in humans".[8] This announcement is based on two recent studies"

THAT would be a direct quote from the very source you cited...

Doesn't help your case much does it?

Old 09-10-2009, 08:08 AM

1,636 posts, read 2,639,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
No....they haven't...

And just saying it enough times won't make it true....sorry...

I have yet to see a "link" from you that supports this position...

A WIKI entry( garbage anyway), which by the way if you read goes on to say:

"However, the United States National Cancer Institute announced in 2004 that although SV40 does cause cancer in some animal models, "substantial epidemiological evidence has accumulated to indicate that SV40 likely does not cause cancer in humans".[8] This announcement is based on two recent studies"

THAT would be a direct quote from the very source you cited...

Doesn't help your case much does it?
Yes they have. And they will not continue to. Many people are seeing the truth despite your attempts to stop it.

Old 09-10-2009, 10:20 AM

5,309 posts, read 3,832,248 times
I had a DRs appt. yesterday and I'm going to relay my experience:

While talking to the DR and discussing what I wanted from the appt. I mentioned I was there for the flu shot also. She said "Good one". I asked about the H1N1 - she didn't look me in the eyes and said that it wasn't available.

I got the same reaction from the nurse.

I wish I would have questioned further, but it was obvious they didn't want to discuss it.

Now this could mean A). Since you are not in the high risk category (and I am not, thank God), you will not be getting one OR

B). We have concerns about the shot

I really would always rather hear the truth, whether I like it or not, than have to wonder. I imagine that if they are questioning the safety, they don't want to say that for a variety of reasons.

Old 09-10-2009, 12:06 PM

5,078 posts, read 8,793,754 times
This is kind of a hot topic for me. I will try to condense my story into the readers digest version. I work in the healthcare industry as a personnel mgr. I work in a clinic setting and I do have some contact (behind a desk) with patients. We have protocols set in place here for certain people when they present with certain symptoms - all protocols are heavily mandated by the government as this is a military clinic.

As a civilian I was told it was REQUIRED / MANDATORY that I receive not ONLY a flu shot but to have my imunity tested (mmr titer, etc...) which after a LOT of digging and asking questions, the Occ health nurse her (who is clueless) finally said well I can't find it on paper that says it mandatory but "don't you just want to get it done"?
No. And because i said no, unless I was claiming religious exemption I was going to have to have everything done including having a PPD (TB test) done. To which I had told her I'd had a site reaction before and she said well, you have to have it done again. Wrong again. I didn't need to have the skin test, I only needed to get an xray done - but because I didn't know this until AFTER the fact, I had a NASTY, horrible looking mark on my arm from the PPD test, which looked like a burn. It was so bad for so long I had to take pictures and send them to my boss so he could see for himself and he had been totally on my side about my concerns.

The thing is, I know my body, I know I have rights to have or not have certain chemicals put in me and I do have the right to say no to whatever I want.
As it stood, I did need to get some of the stuff done but I did it at my OWN doctors office and not here which is also what they were trying to force on me. I feel like I won because I didn't have to get any injections. But, it really burned me up that someone would try and force this on me.

It's my decision to work in a setting where I'm fully aware I can be exposed to dangerous illnesses but I also firmly believe that your immune system can be built up and you can build tolerance BY being in these settings. This isn't my first clinic job either.

I will not and do not ever plan on getting a flu vaccine. I allow my now adult children to make their own decisions but, I strongly recommend ANYONE considering getting any types of vaccines to really know the side efffects, know what you are putting inside your body and most of all, know your rights.

And as far as the H1N1 virus goes, it's a different version than the flu. If people really did their homework, they'd be astonished at how many children, elderly, etc die from the regular flu every year yet you hear very little about it. This is what the governmen likes to do, make a huge scene about something, force everyone into getting innoculated with a substance that hasn't been tested enough yet and then wonder why after they get injected, people end up still getting sick.

Do your homework before getting ANY vaccines. Be a smart consumer and patient. If you end up getting any form of the flu, unless you are very young, very old or have an immunosuppressed illness, chances are you are going to be sick but you'll live.

Old 09-10-2009, 12:07 PM

5,078 posts, read 8,793,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIF View Post
I have never gotten a flu shot and won't this season. But your post could have come from my mom, who swears by them. She has never gotten the flu since she's taken the shots.
I've never had the flu and never had the flu shot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness