Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you plan on getting the H1N1 vaccine shot?
Yes 25 21.93%
No 67 58.77%
Maybe 9 7.89%
Not Sure 13 11.40%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 05:52 PM

1,636 posts, read 4,228,572 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
Care to provide any objective evidence that vaccines cause cancer??

Even just one case??

Good luck with that

There IS plenty of evidence that viruses play a role in cancer formation and the work to find vaccines, like Gardasil. is truly exciting and pioneering medicine.

"Many scientists believe that microbes cause or contribute to between 15 percent and 25 percent of all cancers diagnosed worldwide each year"

Cancer Vaccines - National Cancer Institute

Simian Virus 40 (SV40)

SV40 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

(Using monkey cells and aborted human fetuses is dangerous.

"Soon after its discovery, SV40 was identified in the injected form of the polio vaccine produced between 1955 and 1961. This is believed to be due to kidney cells from infected monkeys being used to amplify the vaccine virus during production. Both the Sabin vaccine (oral, live virus) and the Salk vaccine (injectable, killed virus) were affected; the technique used to inactivate the polio virus in the Salk vaccine, by means of formaldehyde, did not reliably kill SV40."

I tend to think, along with many other people, that The HPV vaccine far from "pioneering." The vaccine is one more injection of dangerous and toxic chemicals that CAN AND HAVE CAUSED CANCER, to try to avoid a disease that clears up on it's own and can be detected and treated quite easily. Yea, real pioneering. . . . . .

Formaldehyde is in vaccines. It's a listed carcinogen.

That's just one. Many ingredients cause cancer.

Those are two examples of where a vaccine CAN and HAS caused cancer.

I'm sure the cdc and whoever lies for profit will tell you differently. Or will then???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2009, 06:02 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,254,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miasmommy View Post
I'm sure the cdc and whoever lies for profit will tell you differently. Or will then???

Well, inasmuch as the CDC is not a profit making company, I'm a little distrustful of your last statement.

But, the fact remains - new vaccines are being developed for all sorts of things including some promising new cancer vaccines.

I know my son and his wife have already gotten their flu vaccine - then again they did not have any choice about it!

So far - they have not croaked from it either

Old 09-08-2009, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Well, inasmuch as the CDC is not a profit making company, I'm a little distrustful of your last statement.

But, the fact remains - new vaccines are being developed for all sorts of things including some promising new cancer vaccines.

I know my son and his wife have already gotten their flu vaccine - then again they did not have any choice about it!

So far - they have not croaked from it either
Usually people don't "croak" right away from a vaccine. Instead it takes it's toll on the body year after year. There are long term effects. So many people have some sort of illness.

Cancer vaccines aren't promising. The prevention is promising. There are many known things that cause cancer. Things we use everyday from beauty products, from baby bottles to cigarettes, from toxic ingredients in vaccines to household pollution.

We need to stop looking for a quick fix after a disease has hit and take our heads out of our butts and find the real reason they occur and avoid those reasons.

A vaccine for cancer. Oh please

Old 09-08-2009, 06:13 PM

Quote:

Yep - there is one even being marketed now for the female gender.

A preventative one

And as I noted - I've been getting the flu vaccine for decades - still here.

I even got the polio vaccine.

I even got the rabbies vaccine years ago after being bit by a rabid animal. Now, that was fun!!!!

Old 09-08-2009, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Yep - there is one even being marketed now for the female gender.

A preventative one

And as I noted - I've been getting the flu vaccine for decades - still here.

I even got the polio vaccine.

I even got the rabbies vaccine years ago after being bit by a rabid animal. Now, that was fun!!!!

Ahhh. Statistics. The good old "I'm fine so all the other problems people face do not exist." Got it

Not EVERYONE was injected with the contaminated polio vaccine. But I guess since YOU weren't, no one was right?

And that is good you got a rabies shot since you knew the animal was rabid. Or did you? Because most animals aren't rabid or you would know they were. But yes, by all means, someone should get one if there is a good chance the animal is carrying it.

Get the flu vaccine. It doesn't bother me when adults who have so clearly made up their minds to take a shot in the dark with a vaccine that doesn't work. That is your choice.

But for those of you out there who question it, you are doing right by questioning. Because they don't work. They are dangerous. Many vaccines are dangerous.

And as for the swine flu vaccine, The swine flu kills 1% of those infected at present time. That means I stand a 99% chance of walking away unscathed. For some reason, I highly doubt there is a 99% chance there will be no major issues with this vaccine. I'll play the odds and go 99-1, vs my trust in the CDC anyday!

Old 09-08-2009, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Ahhh. Statistics. The good old "I'm fine so all the other problems people face does not exist." Got it

Not EVERYONE was injected with the contaminated polio vaccine. But I guess since YOU weren't, no one was right?
Actually, everyone that I knew who got the polio vaccine never got polio.

Obviously, you are opposed to all or most vaccinations. And that is obviously you right and I will support and defend your right to not be vaccinated. I would however ask for the same courtesy.

As for your statistics about vaccinations - interesting. You know, when I get in my car and pull out of my driveway, I know there is a statistical chance that I won't come home. That I will be in an accident and I will die. Does that stop me from getting in my car every day? Nope.

I'm a private pilot. I have my own aircraft. I hear about aircraft accidents all the time on the news. People die. Does that stop me from flying? Nope.

I also have been know to do some really crazy things - especially for an old guy like me - bungee cord jumping - off of bridges or out of a hot air balloon gondola. Could that big "rubber band" snap? Yep. Has it happened? Yep. Does it stop me from jumping? Nope.

I'll take the calculated risk with the vaccinations.

Old 09-08-2009, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Actually, everyone that I knew who got the polio vaccine never got polio.

Obviously, you are opposed to all or most vaccinations. And that is obviously you right and I will support and defend your right to not be vaccinated. I would however ask for the same courtesy.

As for your statistics about vaccinations - interesting. You know, when I get in my car and pull out of my driveway, I know there is a statistical chance that I won't come home. That I will be in an accident and I will die. Does that stop me from getting in my car every day? Nope.

I'm a private pilot. I have my own aircraft. I hear about aircraft accidents all the time on the news. People die. Does that stop me from flying? Nope.

I also have been know to do some really crazy things - especially for an old guy like me - bungee cord jumping - off of bridges or out of a hot air balloon gondola. Could that big "rubber band" snap? Yep. Has it happened? Yep. Does it stop me from jumping? Nope.

I'll take the calculated risk with the vaccinations.
I can see how no one you knew who got the vaccine got polio. Such an extremely small amount of people got the kind of polio that causes serious issues that you probably didn't.

And yes. I do respect those with different viewpoints especially with this matter. It's usually the other way around (not you )

And no. I'm not even against "most" vaccines, only a select bunch which are worthless and cause more harm than good.

And in a way yes, you ARE avoiding risks. You have a greater chance of dying in a car wreck than you do of dying from ANY flu. Yet you take a vaccine? And at the same time you say that that high risk of vehicle accident death does not keep you from driving?

Following your very own line of thinking, you would NOT get a vaccine to possible prevent contracting the flu, just like you keep driving although the risk for death is so high.

Again, I'm not out here to necessarily argue or debate. Rather inform others who are on the fence about such issues. That is all.

Old 09-08-2009, 09:37 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,225,081 times
Quote:
Usually people don't "croak" right away from a vaccine. Instead it takes it's toll on the body year after year. There are long term effects. So many people have some sort of illness.

Cancer vaccines aren't promising. The prevention is promising. There are many known things that cause cancer. Things we use everyday from beauty products, from baby bottles to cigarettes, from toxic ingredients in vaccines to household pollution.

We need to stop looking for a quick fix after a disease has hit and take our heads out of our butts and find the real reason they occur and avoid those reasons.

The whole point of vaccines is to PREVENT disease....

Again, please show where vaccines are "taking a toll" "causing illness"

Please just stop making things up and trying to pass them off as factual....

As for the "oh please", Gardasil is a "vaccine for cancer" and hopefully many more will follow...

Old 09-08-2009, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Simian Virus 40 (SV40)

SV40 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

(Using monkey cells and aborted human fetuses is dangerous.

"Soon after its discovery, SV40 was identified in the injected form of the polio vaccine produced between 1955 and 1961. This is believed to be due to kidney cells from infected monkeys being used to amplify the vaccine virus during production. Both the Sabin vaccine (oral, live virus) and the Salk vaccine (injectable, killed virus) were affected; the technique used to inactivate the polio virus in the Salk vaccine, by means of formaldehyde, did not reliably kill SV40."

I tend to think, along with many other people, that The HPV vaccine far from "pioneering." The vaccine is one more injection of dangerous and toxic chemicals that CAN AND HAVE CAUSED CANCER, to try to avoid a disease that clears up on it's own and can be detected and treated quite easily. Yea, real pioneering. . . . . .

Formaldehyde is in vaccines. It's a listed carcinogen.

That's just one. Many ingredients cause cancer.

Those are two examples of where a vaccine CAN and HAS caused cancer.

Was there a point to this Wiki misinformation....

SV40 isn't a vaccine, is no longer found in vaccines, and has never been shown to cause cancer in humans....or didn't you even read your own link

Still waiting for even one case of cancer being caused by vaccine

Old 09-08-2009, 09:46 PM

Quote:
I can see how no one you knew who got the vaccine got polio. Such an extremely small amount of people got the kind of polio that causes serious issues that you probably didn't.

And yes. I do respect those with different viewpoints especially with this matter. It's usually the other way around (not you )

And no. I'm not even against "most" vaccines, only a select bunch which are worthless and cause more harm than good.

And in a way yes, you ARE avoiding risks. You have a greater chance of dying in a car wreck than you do of dying from ANY flu. Yet you take a vaccine? And at the same time you say that that high risk of vehicle accident death does not keep you from driving?

Following your very own line of thinking, you would NOT get a vaccine to possible prevent contracting the flu, just like you keep driving although the risk for death is so high.

Again, I'm not out here to necessarily argue or debate. Rather inform others who are on the fence about such issues. That is all.
You mean "misinform"....

It has been shown time and time again that you make up "facts" on a consistent basis...

What do you know about polio?

it was hardly a "small number of people" affected by polio....thats just ludicrous....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness