Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2019, 01:04 AM

4,515 posts, read 2,520,191 times

Advertisements

I'm 55 and take no meds. Blood pressure stays around 115/73. Height 5'6", 135-140lbs. Smoke. Rarely catch a cold. Walk my dogs regularly, dont eat reakfast, usually just eat dinner. Drink lots of coffee and coffee drinks. Had lab work done for the heck of it about 5 mo ago and everything was good. I don't attribute it to anything but a positive outlook on things, love my job, have a wonderful husband that i get along with great and think of as my best friend and enjoy my dogs and hoeses. Rarely drink. Maybe a glass of wine once or twice a month with steak dinner.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2019, 07:03 AM

5,182 posts, read 5,246,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDolphin View Post
I'm curious about whether we have any CD'ers, over the age of 50 who are healthy and take no prescribed medications?

If you're one of them, what's your secret? Lifestyle, exercise, diet, peace of mind?? Pets, love, friendship, spiritual practice??
Genetics?

Old 05-25-2019, 07:41 AM

30,355 posts, read 19,128,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
Most of the people who replied to this are in their 60s now.

Any physical changes from your 50s?

What would you warn young people about when it comes to aging?
I'm in my 60's and still no medications. I would recommend a balanced diet low in sugar and wheat and do continual research on nutrition, an exercise habit of some type, weight control, and don't overstress about anything.

I had many health concerns 2 years ago which have been addressed by following The Plant Paradox recommendations. I also regularly do yoga, lift weights, hike and bike. My bodyfat is around 10% and muscle mass above 45% and I fall into the ideal weight range according to the BMI standards.

Old 05-25-2019, 08:43 AM

8,268 posts, read 8,643,023 times
Started my first one at 63. In August I find out if I keep taking it.

Old 05-25-2019, 09:29 AM

177 posts, read 130,278 times
I am a 58 year old female and fortunate to have good health without the need for medications. I do take vitamin supplements of Omega-3, calcium and zinc, and selenium. I exercise moderately at least 4 times per week. Eating healthy is key as a poster said above. Eliminate the processed foods and consume only chicken, fish, fruits and vegetables. I do not eat sweets at all nor do I add sugar to coffee or cereal. However, I do hit up the "white grapes" a couple of times a week because I enjoy it. Its just a simple lifestyle and has kept me healthy.

Old 05-25-2019, 09:50 AM

14,229 posts, read 30,019,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
54, no drugs other than vitamins.

I eat all the fat you are supposed to avoid and my total cholesterol is a whopping 124. For me, there's no reason to avoid fat. I eat what I want but I avoid sugar. That is what makes me gain weight like crazy.

I stay active. I swim in the summer and run in the Fall, Winter, and Spring.
10 years later... Everything is the same. Still no drugs!

Old 05-25-2019, 10:48 AM

10,228 posts, read 6,309,606 times
70 and take nothing. Occasionally, had to take antibiotics for dental issues, but that was only for 10 days. Don't have (since OB in 1984) or go to doctors, so what would I be taking?

Edit: Tylenol expires in my medicine cabinet for all I take that.

Old 05-25-2019, 11:24 AM

29,267 posts, read 16,728,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I didn't reply when this was posted as I was not here, but as far as telling young people how to keep healthy into old age I would recommend do as much of your own healing as possible. There is so much info on the Dr. Google sites and we can do so much to keep healthy and without a multitude of drugs. I believe they only add more toxicity to the body and the less the better we are. I'm 81 this year and take only BP meds and thyroid and nasty ole ibuprofen for pain and throw in some tylenol. I'd love not to but it's come to that due to arthritis. But people will do what they do and that's the bottom line, we all have our healing mindsets. Many will run to doctors and many will resist that run. And many work with nutritional supplements to find answers to their issues.

And then of course, what we put in our mouths. I was watching a slide show of hollywood people today of before and after pics with weight loss, and so many talked about Type II diabetes. It is rampant today and if one can keep that in mind and avoid this disease, great....
I have some good news and will eventually post about it, but no one really cares but I'll do it anyway.

I've been taking 8 ibuprofen in a 24 hr day for several years now since knee and hip mess....since I've been using HGH Homeopathic Transdermal gel, for the last couple weeks I'm down to 4 ibuprofen daily. This is big for me. I'm headed to month 5 on the gel and it's doing a lot of reversing of a life of damage.

Old 05-25-2019, 10:01 PM

32,921 posts, read 36,316,341 times
I've had problems ever since I fell off of a roof when I was 14 years old. It's wonderful to read the stories of those who lived, but you never or rarely hear the rest of the story.

Old 05-26-2019, 10:51 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,274,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDolphin View Post
I'm curious about whether we have any CD'ers, over the age of 50 who are healthy and take no prescribed medications?

If you're one of them, what's your secret? Lifestyle, exercise, diet, peace of mind?? Pets, love, friendship, spiritual practice??
While Exercise /Diet and lifestyle play a major role in ones health it ultimately comes down to genetics and luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness