U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 12:37 AM

16,489 posts, read 31,326,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by iriekate View Post

are you sleeping & eating at the same times every day? (meaning, is your body on the same schedule every day?)

...............)
Oh yeah, this is important even on the weekends/holidays - your body can't adjust to wildly varying times.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2009, 03:20 AM

272 posts, read 374,013 times
There is no substitute for sleep. Try to eat clean whole foods, fast food will fill you up quick, but doesn't provide sustaining energy, which is what your body needs. Exercise will increase energy

Old 09-08-2009, 05:00 AM

2,161 posts, read 3,228,082 times
Thumbs up when all else fails... eat, sleep & exercise in moderation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamerschris View Post
I work from 3 AM to 8 AM

then go back to work from 2PM to 10 PM

Both Mon-Fri

I weigh 300 Lbs and am 6'4'' im always tired and seems like I never get a good 4 hours sleep in due to my hours, I have to keep both Jobs. but I am wondering if anyone knew some tips for getting less sleep and more energy so I wont be so tired so much? can anyone relate towards me? If you can I would really appreciate it.
eat no white flour products. no white sugar products. reduce alcohol intake.

take full spectrum vitamins, including minerals & anti-oxidants.

eat vegetables & fruit every day.

eat at least 60 grams of protien daily. consider the zone diet style of eating. it seems to work with metabolism well.

don't work more than 12 hours a day.

you probably should not have jobs that impinge this much on your sleeping. you will have a sleep deficit on a weekly basis that will be hell to fix. your description of being tired seems to correlate with your over-working

perhaps find a room mate to help with your overhead or do house sitting jobs to compensate.

you are killing yourself with the lifestyle you describe.

try to take care:

kate

Old 09-08-2009, 08:34 AM

380 posts, read 638,809 times
yeah im killing myself because I have too. I have a mortgage to pay and a car payment. I dont make much so i have to work both of them. I eat alot of fast food. but I dont have that much to cook and take my luch to work... I fi did i wouldnt even know what healthy luch I could bring..

Old 09-08-2009, 08:38 AM

259 posts, read 456,249 times
stop eating fast food immediately. that sh.it will seriously kill you. (it's not real food)

check out the "health food" frozen food section of your grocery store (or head to a health food store like Trader Joe's or Wegmans or Whole Foods/Fresh Fields or Stew Leonards, etc). there is a huge selection of frozen meals you can choose from. (and you'll have more money in your pocket at the end of the day because they are cheaper than "fast food".

your health is much more important. <3

Old 09-08-2009, 09:23 AM

8,424 posts, read 24,468,826 times
The fast food is doing it. It makes me sluggish too. Get subway if you are on the go. Drink water instead of soda. Losing weight would help. I would talk to someone about trying to fix the money issue you are in because health is priceless. How long did you plan on doing this for? What about renting out a room in your house instead of this?

Old 09-08-2009, 09:24 AM

8,424 posts, read 24,468,826 times
p.s. the healthy subway subs...not the meatball etc. And load it up with all the veggies.

Old 09-08-2009, 12:11 PM
ttz

678 posts, read 1,009,727 times
First off, I know it's hard, and there may be real reasons why you have two jobs. But seriously you need to:

1. Try and sleep aleast 7 hours a night
2. Stop the fast food and eat better.
3. Try to find and only work one 8 hour job!
4. Work on loosing some weight.

You will be fine when this happens. You are stressing yourself out way too much and it will cause you serious health problems if not corrected!

Good luck

Old 09-08-2009, 12:46 PM

380 posts, read 638,809 times
I know guys.... I will try to see what I can do about dropping atleast the part time job. and weight loss is always going to be hard for me. Im a sucker for sweets and dont know why?

Old 09-09-2009, 09:03 AM

2,161 posts, read 3,228,082 times
Thumbs up Hang in there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamerschris View Post
yeah im killing myself because I have too. I have a mortgage to pay and a car payment. I dont make much so i have to work both of them. I eat alot of fast food. but I dont have that much to cook and take my luch to work... I fi did i wouldnt even know what healthy luch I could bring..

Hey, check out the deli sections everywhere you go (asian markets in particular may have better prices than let's say Trader Joe's) for the lunches that are about to go out of date, to get the best price.

Drink water at lunch, not soda. The sugar will debilitate you.

Take full spectrum vitamins: like what they carry at Whole Foods: the food derived ones may give the best benefits (IMO). Expensive but worthwhile. It takes like 3 months to feel the benefits, sometimes.

Here's a hot tip: Wendy's has great salads that can be good the next day. Buy them in the evening & eat them later. Usually very very fresh. Kinda spendy but it's better for you.

If you buy the Wendy's burgers, they taste better with cheddar from home... Try to buy the veggie trays... they cost alot but it's so much better for you: enzymes & vitamins. And maybe the fresh juice drinks for fresh vitamins.

If I were you, I'd try to find some kind of nerdy room mate to help with the overhead. Nerdy cuz maybe that kind would be tame & predictable...

When you can sleep, try to sleep deeply. Hope you feel better soon!

Kate
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness