U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-15-2009, 11:30 AM

602 posts, read 1,100,915 times
Default Epsom Salts for Ear Irritation and Infection

I just wanted to mention the use of Epsom Salts to remedy problems with your ears. I was having an itchy / infection type of problem, I went to the ENT and he prescribed the vinegar drops. It never really cured any thing and the problem just kept coming back. I had also had a problem with tinnitus and salt water snorkeling gave me temporary relief. That caused me to thing about a salt wash for my itchy/infected ear. So I dissolved a teaspoon of ES and 2oz of warm water and simply poured it into my ear waited a moment and then let it drain. I did the same for the other ear. Immediatly the itchy sensation subsided. I suppose the remaining solution dried and killed what ever was living there. I would wide the dried salt power from my ear lobe and the next morning just shower as normal and all was well. it's also good for many other uses.

Hope this helps someone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2009, 01:27 PM

5,509 posts, read 10,129,948 times
Epsom salts is one of my favs. I use it on burns (sunburn, grease burn, razor) and it works so quickly. I keep telling my friends to use it but I think they just go off laughing. That grease burn I had should have welted up but it never did and now you can't even see where it was. You gotta believe!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness