Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you going to take the H1N1 vaccine if manditory?
No I won't take it 35 68.63%
Yes I will take it 16 31.37%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2009, 10:08 PM

8,166 posts, read 8,526,811 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
They'd have to kill me. I have nothing to do with doctors, and will not submit to an injection.
Suppose it is a self administered suppository that will save your life?
"just suppose . . ."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2009, 11:21 PM

1,813 posts, read 2,846,985 times
Well if it's mandatory there's no choice, right? I wouldn't get it unless I felt I was really in danger or if for some reason someone was going to hunt me down and kill me if I didn't do it. I'm not spending any money or putting myself through the needle experience if I don't have to.

Old 09-21-2009, 01:55 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,658,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashj007 View Post
Suppose it is a self administered suppository that will save your life?
"just suppose . . ."
It's still something designed, engineered, or prescribed by doctors. And I don't like doctors. If I die, I die--no one's going to worry about that.

Old 09-21-2009, 10:34 AM

7 posts, read 22,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by christina0001 View Post
The government isn't going to make it mandatory.
I have worked in healthcare for several years now, and while vaccines were often recommended and provided, I haven't come across any employers that made it mandatory. Other posters might be able to provide examples demonstrating otherwises. I have not heard of any schools that were going to make the H1N1 vaccine mandatory either - can anyone give examples otherwise?
I saw this recently:

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/21/ny...21vaccine.html

New York Health Care Workers Resist Flu Vaccine Rule

exerpt:
"That’s why the emergency regulation adopted this summer by the State Health Department making all hospital, home health and hospice workers get seasonal and swine flu vaccinations was a startling and radical step.
Mod cut: copyright violation

Last edited by Viralmd; 09-21-2009 at 10:49 AM..

Old 09-21-2009, 08:37 PM

207 posts, read 714,768 times
The video is an interview with Jane Burgermeister who worked as a writer for medical documentation. She has a lot of experience with research in the medical field and has it on good reference by having close access with documents from the WHO (World Health Organisation) that they are going to require everyone on the planet to take the flu shot in the event of a major pandemic. I've heard the same thing from several other sources. Another rumour that's beginning to look more like fact is that the swine flu was manufactured in a bio-weapons lab. I wanted to do a poll because most of the general public has no clue of what's been brewing on the alternative news website like I follow. (I don't have a TV).

Old 09-22-2009, 03:43 PM

8,166 posts, read 8,526,811 times
Default Paranoids have real enemies, too

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunbelt View Post
<>WHO (World Health Organisation) that they are going to require everyone on the planet to take the flu shot in the event of a major pandemic. <> the swine flu was manufactured in a bio-weapons lab.<>(I don't have a TV).
I think you meant "clue" not "TV"
The WHO has no authority to do anything. It is a UN agency. The UN has no authority in the USA other than fixing parking tickets.
There would be no point in taking shots once the pandemic begins.
There is no need for sekrit germ laboratories to develop flu variations; that happens constantly and there is a new one most years. It is a viral evolution thing.

Old 09-26-2009, 05:54 AM

25,961 posts, read 22,120,062 times
Anybody that bothers to research it won't take it. Check this out:
YouTube - Doctor Admits Vaccine Is More Deadly Than Swine Flu Itself & Will Not Give It To His Kids

Old 09-27-2009, 12:06 AM

11,449 posts, read 14,466,505 times
Nobody is going to make you take it. That being said, no I won't ever take a flu shot, much less this one.

Old 09-27-2009, 04:52 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,658,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Nobody is going to make you take it. That being said, no I won't ever take a flu shot, much less this one.
Unless, apparently, you work in a hospital.

Old 09-27-2009, 02:21 PM

914 posts, read 4,445,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashj007 View Post
There would be no point in taking shots once the pandemic begins.
There is no need for sekrit germ laboratories to develop flu variations; that happens constantly and there is a new one most years. It is a viral evolution thing.
Well, I think really there would be a need for it if a pandemic began. Because it wouldn't happen everywhere at once. For instance, if everyone on the eastern seaboard has swine flu, then you would want to vaccinate the people on the west coast so when it gets there, you have a vaccinated population. (Clearly my example doesn't really fit the scenario, but hopefully you get my point, that it won't be the same everywhere all at once.)

I have no idea if this strain a flu came out of a lab. I would guess it didn't, as they appear to be able to trace the history of the swine flu, BUT it is an interesting concept that perhaps we should take more seriously. Really, the point of biological warfare is not to kill people, it is to cripple infrastructure. If half the population of a city is has a really bad case of the flu, that means thousands of people aren't at work (Helping the city run: can you imagine if half of the employees in every profession called in sick?) and the hospitals are overwhelmed. Again, I doubt that this flu was biologically engineered, but the concept of a biologically engineered flu is not far fetched.

Personally, I have no interest in this vaccine because it is too new. If hundreds of thousands of people were suddenly dying of the swine flu, I might change my mind, but at the moment, I am more concerned that it is a vaccine brought too quickly to the market without thorough enough testing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness