Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2009, 04:47 PM

1,050 posts, read 3,526,260 times

Advertisements

My granddaughter seems to be complaining of her legs hurting quite often. She is almost five. I looked up reasons and found flat feet, strenuous activity, (She take gymnastics once a week) and another was dehydration. That is the one that worries me. I pick her up from school everyday, and she is always thirsty. I usually have juice waiting for her in the car.She seems tired, which I don't think is unusual after a long day at school. After she drinks something she perks up. It is grandparents day tomorrow at school and I am going to ask her teacher if she drinks enough during the day, and if not offer her water bottle to her serveral times during the day. I know we all do not drink enough water.

Any thoughts on this??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2009, 06:16 PM

4,526 posts, read 6,086,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude1948 View Post
My granddaughter seems to be complaining of her legs hurting quite often. She is almost five. I looked up reasons and found flat feet, strenuous activity, (She take gymnastics once a week) and another was dehydration. That is the one that worries me. I pick her up from school everyday, and she is always thirsty. I usually have juice waiting for her in the car.She seems tired, which I don't think is unusual after a long day at school. After she drinks something she perks up. It is grandparents day tomorrow at school and I am going to ask her teacher if she drinks enough during the day, and if not offer her water bottle to her serveral times during the day. I know we all do not drink enough water.

Any thoughts on this??
i hope her pediatrician monitors this--it could be a sign of juvenile diabetes(especially the perking up after juice)--hope her dr. tests her

Old 10-07-2009, 06:25 PM

3,631 posts, read 14,552,954 times
I will say schools are notorious at NOT letting kids get adequate water.

Old 10-07-2009, 06:27 PM

264 posts, read 819,550 times
Leg pain in children can sometimes be "growing pains". If she ever limps along with the pain, however, that could be something more serious and should be checked out right away.

Old 10-07-2009, 06:40 PM

4,267 posts, read 6,182,741 times
It could also be a magnesium deficiency.
http://www.bodyandfitness.com/Information/Health/legcramp.htm (broken link)

Old 10-07-2009, 06:49 PM

1,050 posts, read 3,526,260 times
Thanks for all the input. I will check it out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness