Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2009, 09:11 AM

4 posts, read 32,088 times

Advertisements

I had a small cyst removed from my chin, on the side of the chin area. The doctor used stitches that were removed a week later. He also said he put in 1 dissolvable stitch inside to make the wound heal tighter. It has been 9 weeks now and the area is still red and swollen on both sides of where the incision was at about the size of a dime on each side. Only red on one side of it which is odd, but maybe because the skin is thinner the close to the front of the chin it goes. The nurse told me to use a hydrocortizone creme to keep the redness in control because it appears my body is rejecting the stitch. She said it can take months for them to dissolve. Has anyone here had this experience? I am getting tired of the pain and embarrasing swelling/redness and want to have an idea of how much longer I have to deal with it. Lately I wonder if I should have just left the little cyst there. Sometimes the pain feels like a toothache on the side of my face. Last I saw the doctor in person was 4 weeks ago. Thanks for any input based on your experience you can offer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2012, 04:13 PM

2 posts, read 13,674 times
Default Whatever ever happened? Did the redness go away?

Hello! I've been researching day after day about the problems I'm having with my chin after having a cyst removed. Our situations sound identical...it's the redness that isn't going away around the incision & I'm wondering if it ever will. Did your chin ever clear up? Or what did they end of doing for you? Thanks so much...I know you posted this several years ago.

Old 03-27-2012, 07:07 PM

5,404 posts, read 15,987,564 times
It will heal, eventually.....you may have scar tissue forming Your body takes alot of time to heal from a trauma...and that's exactly what surgery is....a trauma to your body! It's so much more noticable on your face...I feel for you...but do give it time! It will dissolve and resolve itself!

Old 03-27-2012, 07:48 PM

37,093 posts, read 41,220,763 times
The original post was two and half years ago. I suspect all is well now.

Nrstein ~ see your doctor if you are concerned.

Old 04-11-2012, 05:07 AM

2 posts, read 13,674 times
Thanks for your positivism cb at sea!

Yes, follow up appointment scheduled suzy_q2010...just to make sure!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness