Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2009, 01:22 PM

32,919 posts, read 36,310,068 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollytree View Post
I wonder if people would be having anti vaccine discussions if smallpox or polio broke out again.
"There are four types of variola major smallpox based on the Rao classification: ordinary, modified, flat, and hemorrhagic. Historically, variola major has an overall fatality rate of about 30%; however, flat and hemorrhagic smallpox are usually fatal."

Smallpox - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

No argument from me about that vaccine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2009, 03:45 PM

2,255 posts, read 5,396,072 times
Default Any Reports on Swine Flu Shot Deaths? - Two in Sweden

Maybe members can post on any news of Swine Flu shot Deaths. Sweden has already had some and they've barely just started. Thus far they've had a total of four deaths linked to the Swine Flu shots. They just started mass vaccinations from October 12th, what does that tell you ???

Further deaths linked to swine flu vaccine - The Local

Swine Flu vaccinations Underway In Sweden - The Local

Fewer Swedes Want Swine Flu Vaccine - The Local

Canada is perhaps rethinking Vaccine Program.

Canada: Study prompts provinces to rethink flu plan
Report suggests people who get vaccinated are more likely to catch H1N1

Last edited by bluepacific; 10-24-2009 at 03:56 PM..

Old 10-25-2009, 01:45 AM

2,255 posts, read 5,396,072 times
Driven Swine Flu Propaganda - Pump Up the Volume Part 1

Big pharma, government officials and media collude in "biggest profiteering scheme" ever, reports Evelyn Pringle

Old 11-19-2009, 09:25 AM

9,520 posts, read 16,501,246 times
Has anyone received the H1N1 shot yet? I was notified yesterday by my Health Provider they had received their doses of it. I'm suppose to go Monday for my shot I already had the regular flu shot. Doe anyone feel this shot is beneficial, or is there just not enough knowledge about it to make it safe?

Old 11-19-2009, 02:41 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,221,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
Has anyone received the H1N1 shot yet? I was notified yesterday by my Health Provider they had received their doses of it. I'm suppose to go Monday for my shot I already had the regular flu shot. Doe anyone feel this shot is beneficial, or is there just not enough knowledge about it to make it safe?
I've gotten it as have my wife and 3 children...

The shot is absolutely safe and there is as much "knowledge" about the vaccine as there is about any seasonal flu vaccine....same amount of testing, same production process..

There have been very few reported side effects, mostly local redness and swelling at the injection site.

Old 11-19-2009, 07:43 PM

3,763 posts, read 8,748,351 times
I have never gotten a season flu shot & very, very rarely ever get sick.

However, since I am a teacher I have watched my students & co-workers sicker than I have ever seen this fall with the flu, a flu that has a propensity to develop into a very nasty, long, drawn-out secondary bacterial infection. Some of my co-workers have been sick for many weeks, some being tested positive for H1N1. A lot of the flu cases were not tested since the local medical facilities are using checklists rather than the actual test for H1N1.

So I happened to be at my local doctor's for a routine blood test & asked the technician if she had any H1N1. No lines, no fuss- a simple shot. 10 days later I feel like I am fairly secure against this strain of the flu, with absolutely no side effects.

It was not an easy decision. I did a lot of reading & pondering before making my decision. I am a natural health gal who stays very well with nutrition, exercise & lots of rest.

It was a good choice for me. Each person simply has the right to choose for himself or herself and family members. If you don't believe in it, don't get one. If you do choose to vaccinate, go for it. It's really that simple!

Old 11-19-2009, 07:52 PM

36,411 posts, read 16,018,728 times
I have received seasonal flu and pneumonia shots for 15 years now and have not gotten the flu and have worked with the elderly for most of those. I will continue to receive the seasonal flu shot as offered. To date, there is none available where I live as well as H1N1.

Old 11-19-2009, 08:17 PM

9,520 posts, read 16,501,246 times
Thanks everyone for the info on the H1N1 shot. I think since I am a Diabetic and fall under the category of those that should get the shot. I will get my shot on Monday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness