U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2009, 01:01 PM

5,411 posts, read 6,211,620 times

Advertisements

WASHINGTON – President Barack Obama declared the swine flu outbreak a national emergency and empowered his health secretary to suspend federal requirements and speed treatment for thousands of infected people.

The declaration that Obama signed late Friday authorized Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius to bypass federal rules so health officials can respond more quickly to the outbreak, which has killed more than 1,000 people in the United States.

Mod cut: copyright violation

Obama declares swine flu a national emergency - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091024/ap_on_he_me/us_obama_swine_flu - broken link)

Last edited by Viralmd; 10-24-2009 at 01:16 PM.. Reason: Copyright violation
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2009, 01:20 PM

4,247 posts, read 9,151,370 times
My prediction: forced vaccinations and quarantines.

Old 10-25-2009, 05:09 PM

24,692 posts, read 26,777,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackTheRipper View Post
WASHINGTON President Barack Obama declared the swine flu outbreak a national emergency and empowered his health secretary to suspend federal requirements and speed treatment for thousands of infected people.

The declaration that Obama signed late Friday authorized Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius to bypass federal rules so health officials can respond more quickly to the outbreak, which has killed more than 1,000 people in the United States.

Mod cut: copyright violation

Obama declares swine flu a national emergency - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091024/ap_on_he_me/us_obama_swine_flu - broken link)
The question I never hear answered is this.....How many people die of the flu year to date in a normal year? This flu stuff sounds like a lot of hype to me. Am I the only one who thinks there's some kind of hidden agenda here?

Old 10-25-2009, 05:27 PM

2,518 posts, read 9,690,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
The question I never hear answered is this.....How many people die of the flu year to date in a normal year? This flu stuff sounds like a lot of hype to me. Am I the only one who thinks there's some kind of hidden agenda here?
go ahead and take your chances. More flu vaccine for us all to go around in that case

Old 10-25-2009, 06:46 PM

1,933 posts, read 5,749,259 times
Actually i feel its the opposite! I feel our government knows or feels that the H1N1 swine flu is worse then they are telling us, maybe its mutating or will soon.

Also this Swine Flu must be worse then the seasonal Flu. I'm 40 years old, until this Swine Flu came out I never knew anyone close to me getting so sick over a Flu. Already i know many that were hospitalized and some that died, healthy kids and adults now gone! And remember this H1N1 just started, I fear more will perish if we dont get an upper hand on this virus.

If its an emergency situation( which it appears to be) then for a week or so they should shut down all schools, fully clean them down! I dont know, but something must be done. I really wish it was hype, but so far I dont see it that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post

Old 10-26-2009, 01:42 PM

Interesting article and true of what could happen. I do find myself wondering, however, how many of these articles are written by anti-Obama people. I guess I am thinking that a lot of this is motivated by this rather than anything else.

I've followed Alex Jones a bit and know he says it doesn't matter who is in office. Maybe he is right.

Old 10-26-2009, 01:55 PM

I hate to bring this source into things, but I cannot find one thing wrong with this article, so I'll share...

Obama’s H1N1 national emergency declaration could invoke FEMA response to pandemic

Old 10-26-2009, 02:50 PM

3,869 posts, read 7,419,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movin'on View Post
Interesting article and true of what could happen. I do find myself wondering, however, how many of these articles are written by anti-Obama people. I guess I am thinking that a lot of this is motivated by this rather than anything else.

I've followed Alex Jones a bit and know he says it doesn't matter who is in office. Maybe he is right.
He is right! Everything is controlled and orchestrated by the Bildebergers and the Globalist. Do not get the shot and fight if necessary! I hope it doesn't come down to this. I just returned from the health food store where I bought a heavy immune booster in addition to regular healthy organic foods. I am on guard!

Old 10-26-2009, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loose cannon View Post
He is right! Everything is controlled and orchestrated by the Bildebergers and the Globalist. Do not get the shot and fight if necessary! I hope it doesn't come down to this. I just returned from the health food store where I bought a heavy immune booster in addition to regular healthy organic foods. I am on guard!
If he is right then I figure it's all over. I hope he is not.

However, I do fear like the above poster that maybe the govt does know more than they are saying and maybe things will get much worse.

Fox News had this weird bioterrorism threat segment on over the weekend. Now, if THAT were to occur then an emergency like the one declared makes sense.

I just don't think we're being given the real story and I too believe there is some hidden agenda here.

Old 10-26-2009, 06:18 PM

And now this from CNN today...

Quote:
Another administration official said the move is "not tied to the current case count" and "gives the federal government more power to help states" by lifting bureaucratic requirements -- both in treating patients and moving equipment to where it's most needed.

The officials didn't want their names used because they were not authorized to speak on the record.
If declaring a natl emergency isn't tied to current case count, just WHAT is it tied to?! The count that is due to peak in mid-October to end of October and for which most say the vaccination won't do much good? Or future count and what does this mean? Or something else?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness