Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 02:29 PM

2,178 posts, read 9,549,362 times

Advertisements

I talked to a lady in a bra store that had breast reduction surgery and she was thrilled with her "girls" now. The weight of them before, the back pain and problems were a real problem and now she wishes she had done it long ago. I forget what size she was before surgery but she said she had to go to speciality stores to find bra's that she could wear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2009, 03:50 PM

3,422 posts, read 10,868,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tilli View Post
I am 34E at this point, I would love to go back to a C. I think a C cup is the perfect balance between perky and full.
Yes. I agree. I am a C cup and I still feel small enough that I don't have to wear two sports bras or a sports bra under a swimsuit but there is a nice shape to them in profile (with a well-fitting bra).

Old 11-08-2011, 08:54 AM

574 posts, read 1,059,756 times
You may want to wait till you are done having kids, that is if you want kids because your breasts will increase in size and if you want to nurse, you may not be able to after all the work plus possibly having implants. Always best to wait on the implants after kids since with wait gain and milk, your breasts will get back up there and once the weight and nursing is done, you may be faced with the same problem of sagging all over again, even with a reduction. If it were me, once you are ready, I would opt for a reduction and lift with no implant. You know implants aren't meant to stay in forever, right? They have a shelf life especially as you age where replacements are put in. Something to consider.

Old 11-08-2011, 10:09 AM

2,272 posts, read 6,643,851 times
I got a reduction/lift after having two kids, gaining a ton of weight then losing a ton of weight. They were just too big and saggy at that point. I love the results, and my husband does too! I'm a 36C.

Old 11-08-2011, 11:01 PM

2,358 posts, read 5,968,462 times
I had a breast reduction 3 years ago and despite some complications and a long recovery, I am completely happy I did it. I went from a DD to a B and from buying bras that nearly put me into debt to wearing lightweight teeny tiny sports bras. If you'd like more info on what I experienced (the good and the bad,) please let me know. If you search breast reduction on City-Data, I may have written some about it in 2009 and 2010.

Old 11-09-2011, 12:53 AM

1,959 posts, read 3,294,339 times
Good thread.

I have been researching reduction a bit - but i dont know if insurances cover it. I always go and research it when i'm having a painful day, or had an especially bad nite trying to sleep on them! (OR it's summer - in the heat!)

AND - i fear any surgeries SO MUCH. Especially an elective one. Oh, i fear it

But it's gotten very hard to live with these - especially now into my 50's.

To the OP - i would not go below a C, personally.

Old 11-09-2011, 01:35 AM

7,646 posts, read 18,044,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SashaBlue View Post
I would love to hear your thoughts and experiences as I am in decision mode about what to do medically about my breasts.

Let me start by saying that I am a 34F and am in my early 30s. No children. Not only is gravity beginning to set in, but I have headaches from time to time not to mention backaches.

I am looking at 3 options:

1. Breast reduction. Maybe a 34C or even a B. Is that too dramatic of a change considering I have walked around with these "girls" for years?

2. Breast lift with implants to boost my bustline. That way, I can stay the same size but with lifting support from the implants.

3. Do nothing and let nature take its course.

Do you know if any other options?

Thanks for your help.
Before you make your decision, think of the men. JUST KIDDING!

Does your insurance cover breast reductions? Many do if the breasts cause back pain.

Old 11-09-2011, 02:02 PM

1,355 posts, read 1,911,555 times
Moderator cut: inappropriate
Are you over-weight? I believe losing weight via diet/exercise can reduce the size of your boobs. Also, doing back and shoulder exercises can assist you in carrying those big funbags. You also have the option of surgery. Just make sure to do your homework on the procedure and surgeon,

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 11-09-2011 at 02:41 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness