U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2009, 06:07 AM

700 posts, read 2,024,062 times
Default Fungus on Back?

When I went for my annual physical,my doctor gave me a prescription cream for what she thinks is a fungus on my back. There are a couple of dark spots that itch. The larger of the two also has a crawling sensation inside at times.....especially while I'm on the computer. I've got to use this cream for a few weeks and if it doesn't take care of it,I have to see a dermatologist. I have been doing some research on this and most fungus is on feet,nails,underarms or groin area. Anyone else ever had one or heard of one on your back? If so,what causes it and what can I do to keep it from happening again? I always wash my back good with a back sponge with a long handle. Could that have been my mistake? I'm just really puzzled and hope someone out there can shed some light on this. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2009, 09:13 AM

8,424 posts, read 23,806,424 times
Try using something fresh to wash with in the shower every time. Its just a fungus that builds up in your dead skin cells and goes into overgrowth mode. But it seems to transfer from objects like the brush or sheets. (Basically anything that touches your skin)

- Wash all contact items in the hottest water possible + oxyclean
- Switch out the sponge for something you can wash easily (like scrubby mitts)
- Wash body with:Tea Tree Soap or Neem Soap
- Shampoo with: Some sort of dandruff shampoo (I like head and shoulders, no med stink)
- Rinse shampoo/conditioner away from the body (not down your back)
- swab area with clean & clear sal acid formula, Layer Juice Beauty blemish clearing serum
- use medicated gold bond powder on really humid days and bedtime on area
- if you need lotion use olive oil or coconut oil only , the waxes and oils in some lotions seem to make it worse. OO ir CO are both natural antifungals

Old 11-06-2009, 03:19 PM

1,053 posts, read 2,629,578 times
Oil of oregano is a great fungal fighter, or tea tree oil. Just rub it into your skin after washing.

Both can be found in a health food store.

Old 11-09-2009, 09:05 PM

1,355 posts, read 3,830,659 times
The best natural fungus fighter that I have found is colloidal silver. If you can find the clear, electro-colloidal form that is best topically. Spray some on the affected area or drop some on the skin and rub it around. I have gotten rid of terrible cases of athletes foot in just a few days with colloidal silver (and the fungus didn't come back for quite a while).

If you can't find the electro-colloidal type at a health food store then the brown, mild silver protein form will work too. It is not quite as effective and will stain your clothes though.

Old 11-09-2009, 09:51 PM

169 posts, read 679,696 times
I have a friend that has fungus on his body. He was a DIVER
any chance you do alot of diving?

Old 11-10-2009, 05:47 AM

9,902 posts, read 10,927,367 times
Try taking the supplement L-Lysine (500 mg). I took one capsule two times a day and I think it helped when I had tinnea on my back. Mine was supposedly caused by having pets.

Old 11-10-2009, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Las Vegas Mommy View Post
I have a friend that has fungus on his body. He was a DIVER
any chance you do alot of diving?
No,I have never did any diving,but thanks for taking the time to offer a possibility. Thanks to everyone who have offered suggestions.

Old 11-13-2009, 05:32 AM

A friend of mine suggested peroxide. They used it for fungus on their foot and it got rid of it totally. Any thoughts or experience with that home remedy?

Old 11-13-2009, 05:37 AM

33,394 posts, read 28,007,444 times
I was going to suggest exposing your back to unfiltered sunshine.

Old 11-13-2009, 08:34 PM

2,178 posts, read 1,525,416 times
Perhaps you have Tinea versicolor ? It's a chronic fungal infection. Google it. Lots of pics online and the Mayo Clinic site explains it pretty well. Nothing like athlete's foot, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness