Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2010, 02:37 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,193,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
More of your delusions ... you really are a lost cause. If you are remotely indicative of the mental state of the general public, we're all in a great deal of trouble.

By the way ... I'm familiar with Gallo .... you apparently are not ... here is a little more about Robert Gallo ... the discoverer of the AIDS virus:

YouTube - Robert Gallo: The Man That Created AIDS
Really...

If you are going to keep using "youtube" as your "go to" source I'm going to have to further downgrade my opinion of you as being a "joke"

If "that" is what you "think" you know about Robert Gallo let me point you to a few sources that us "grownups" like to use...you know "non" youtube ones

"His research also helped physicians develop HIV therapies to prolong the lives of those infected with the virus. And, in 1996, his discovery that a natural compound known as chemokines can block the HIV virus and halt the progression of AIDS was hailed by Science magazine as one of that year's most important scientific breakthroughs."
the Institute of Human Virology: About IHV (http://www.ihv.org/about/bios/gallo.html - broken link)

"This self-described "virus hunter"—whose development of the first blood test to diagnose AIDS has saved millions of lives—continues to provide the intellectual base for discoveries and findings that offer hope. "

Robert C. Gallo, M.D. - 2009 Award for Distinguished Research in the Biomedical Sciences - AAMC Grants and Awards (http://www.aamc.org/about/awards/2009/research_gallo.htm - broken link)

Again, only "crackpots" believe Gallo "created" AIDS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2010, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
I say again: it was wrong to do the Tuskegee Study.

There was no attempt to hide it.

It was ultimately (far longer than it should have been) terminated after someone in the media wrote an article about it. Perhaps the biggest legacy of the men who participated in the study is that their suffering ultimately led to the changes in requirements for informed consent that are now part of medical research --- changes that would prevent another Tuskegee Study from happening.

It is interesting that you keep bringing up things that have nothing to do with the original topic of this thread. Are you afraid you have failed to make your case that cholesterol has nothing to do with heart disease?

Good to know you think the general public is stupid. I actually think that the general public is far smarter than you give it credit for and can see right through you.
I agree with you 100%...

At first I was bothered with his continual drifting off into unrelated tangents..

But now I think it is wonderful that he keeps writing himself more and more into a hole.

The more offbeat, delusional and downright silly his rantings the better...

I think anyone reading this thread is seeing him more and more for the crackpot he truly is....

Keep it coming Guy....the laughs are priceless

Old 09-30-2010, 02:58 PM

36,994 posts, read 41,024,650 times
Quote:
More of your delusions ... you really are a lost cause. If you are remotely indicative of the mental state of the general public, we're all in a great deal of trouble.

By the way ... I'm familiar with Gallo .... you apparently are not ... here is a little more about Robert Gallo ... the discoverer of the AIDS virus:

YouTube - Robert Gallo: The Man That Created AIDS

Actually, I give Dr. Gallo credit for keeping his cool. That exchange was marvelous! The man asking the question obviously has no credible scientific knowledge and doesn't even understand how ridiculous he sounds. I'm sure everyone in that meeting was embarrassed for him. The mishmash of admirals, secretaries of state, and presidents in the rest of the video was absolutely hilarious. I kept waiting for the accusation that Dr. Gallo was a Nazi.

Really got my chuckles for the day!

By the way, did Dr. Gallo create HIV or did Dr. Hilleman import it with his green monkeys? You seem unable to make up your mind.

Still steering away from cholesterol and heart disease I see.

Old 10-01-2010, 09:38 AM

14,895 posts, read 8,524,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
Really...

If you are going to keep using "youtube" as your "go to" source I'm going to have to further downgrade my opinion of you as being a "joke"

If "that" is what you "think" you know about Robert Gallo let me point you to a few sources that us "grownups" like to use...you know "non" youtube ones
Yes indeed ... it's very clear that to you, nothing exists outside of the "Merck Manual", JAMA, and PubMed. And these fountains of truth are the only sources of information ... which is probably why you are so ill-informed. But it's more than that, isn't it?

Yes, it's just another example (amongst so many) of your fundamentally flawed and fraudulent positions ... to insinuate that "YouTube" is some illegitimate source of information, when it is not a "source" at all. It's nothing more than a delivery platform for audio/video information which can neither lend or detract credibility for any of it's wide variety of informational and entertainment pieces presented ... ranging from home made videos of teenaged girls behaving like 10 year olds, to serious mainstream, professionally produced documentaries, YouTube is not a "source". You might as well claim that a "Computer" lacks credibility ... when the reality is that a computer can neither have nor lack credibility at all. So, this is just another example of your attempts to obfuscate and divert ... probably will work on the lower IQ types ... but all too obvious for anyone that possess an ounce of critical analysis skill.

Quote:
"His research also helped physicians develop HIV therapies to prolong the lives of those infected with the virus. And, in 1996, his discovery that a natural compound known as chemokines can block the HIV virus and halt the progression of AIDS was hailed by Science magazine as one of that year's most important scientific breakthroughs."
the Institute of Human Virology: About IHV (http://www.ihv.org/about/bios/gallo.html - broken link)

"This self-described "virus hunter"—whose development of the first blood test to diagnose AIDS has saved millions of lives—continues to provide the intellectual base for discoveries and findings that offer hope. "

Robert C. Gallo, M.D. - 2009 Award for Distinguished Research in the Biomedical Sciences - AAMC Grants and Awards (http://www.aamc.org/about/awards/2009/research_gallo.htm - broken link)
But wait ... this bastion of integrity and medical marvel was found to have committed scientific misconduct ... "After three years of investigations, the Federal Office of Research Integrity today found that Dr. Robert C. Gallo, the American co-discoverer of the cause of AIDS, had committed scientific misconduct. The investigators said he had "falsely reported" a critical fact in the scientific paper of 1984 in which he described isolating the virus that causes AIDS.

Federal Inquiry Finds Misconduct By a Discoverer of the AIDS Virus - Biography; Chronology - NYTimes.com

But, I personally don't think this is anything more than a smokescreen ... given the irrefutable evidence linking Gallo to the Special Virus Cancer Program and the creation of the HIV virus ... it could be considered rather suspicious if he were to be given sole credit for it's later "discovery". So, a French scientist can share the credit. Another diversion and red herring .

Quote:
Again, only "crackpots" believe Gallo "created" AIDS
Yes ... and you can certainly consider me a crackpot ... I'm fine with that, because any thinking person can see what a fraud you are just from this thread alone.

Be that as it may, there are upwards of 20,000 documents charting the development of the HIV-1 virus over a 15 year period, beginning in 1962, including congressional funding appropriations attached to the development of a biological agent which compromises the human immune system for which no natural immunity would exist. (Sounds a lot like HIV).

This is not opinion ... these are actual documents ... the smoking gun paper trail. AND ..... uncovered amongst those documents found in the medical archives of the US Government ... a detailed flow chart of the entire Special Virus Cancer Program:

1971 Special Virus Flow Chart Download (http://www.boydgraves.com/flowchart/download.html - broken link)

But the researcher, Boyd E Graves is probably considered a crackpot too ... and he's not without his own prejudices and flaws ... as he thinks the HIV virus was purely an attack on black people ... but that doesn't seem to hold true given the massive infection rates within the gay community which early on exceeded that of Africans, and African-Americans. Of course, Africa has now greatly surpassed that ... estimates are that upwards of 50+% of the entire population of the continent of Africa are HIV positive.

There are links too numerous to be REMOTELY coincidental ... and evidence voluminous enough to wallpaper the insides of the US Capitol ...

The iatrogenic nature of the HIV virus is a 100% CERTAINTY ... it is not even close to theory at this point. NOT EVEN CLOSE.

And for those few who may still be following along ... they don't need to believe me ... because, just like YouTube or a Computer ... I am not a source, nor THE SOURCE of this information ... I'm just pointing to sources ... everyone is free to investigate and come to their own conclusions.

Old 10-01-2010, 10:14 AM

14,895 posts, read 8,524,773 times
Quote:
I say again: it was wrong to do the Tuskegee Study.

There was no attempt to hide it.
Again, such a statement is patently ridiculous on the surface ... they HID it for 40 years ... not only did they hide the fact that they were allowing these men to die while claiming they were treating the disease (MURDER), they withheld the known and proven successful cure (PREMEDITATED MURDER) while doing so. And they did this for 40 years so that they could document in fine detail the progression of the disease and it's specific affects on the human body in all it's stages.

This is NOTHING SHORT of "Joseph Mengele" type human experimentation, and all of it was sanctioned by the mainstream medical establishment and the US Government ... the AMA and CDC.

Quote:
It was ultimately (far longer than it should have been) terminated after someone in the media wrote an article about it. Perhaps the biggest legacy of the men who participated in the study is that their suffering ultimately led to the changes in requirements for informed consent that are now part of medical research --- changes that would prevent another Tuskegee Study from happening.
Then, it was all in vein .... as New York City health officials have been caught using CHILDREN to test experimental HIV drugs on them WITHOUT INFORMED CONSENT ... and their declines in health and deaths attributed to the disease rather than the real cause ... the experimental drugs:

BBC NEWS | Programmes | This World | New York's HIV experiment

Quote:
It is interesting that you keep bringing up things that have nothing to do with the original topic of this thread. Are you afraid you have failed to make your case that cholesterol has nothing to do with heart disease?
No, it was in response to your OUTLANDISH claims that conspiracies and purposeful harm does not and cannot exist, so I showed you examples proving how wrong you are, on ALL COUNTS.

Quote:
Good to know you think the general public is stupid. I actually think that the general public is far smarter than you give it credit for and can see right through you.
It's not what I think (though experience confirms) ... the IQ measurements of the United States have been declining over recent decades ... it's been measured and documented.

We now rank 18th among developed nations with an average IQ of 98 ... lagging behind such nations as Hungary and Poland today.

And if you are representative of the masses, I rest my case.

Old 10-01-2010, 01:34 PM

36,994 posts, read 41,024,650 times
Quote:
Again, such a statement is patently ridiculous on the surface ... they HID it for 40 years ... not only did they hide the fact that they were allowing these men to die while claiming they were treating the disease (MURDER), they withheld the known and proven successful cure (PREMEDITATED MURDER) while doing so. And they did this for 40 years so that they could document in fine detail the progression of the disease and it's specific affects on the human body in all it's stages.

This is NOTHING SHORT of "Joseph Mengele" type human experimentation, (emphasis mine - Suzy Q) and all of it was sanctioned by the mainstream medical establishment and the US Government ... the AMA and CDC.

More Nazi comparisons! Invoking Godwin's rule again: when you make comparisons to Nazis, you've lost the debate!

Then, it was all in vein .... as New York City health officials have been caught using CHILDREN to test experimental HIV drugs on them WITHOUT INFORMED CONSENT ... and their declines in health and deaths attributed to the disease rather than the real cause ... the experimental drugs:

BBC NEWS | Programmes | This World | New York's HIV experiment

BBC got into hot water over this and had to file a retraction: ecu_julsept07 (http://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints/text/ecu_julsept07.html#page_3 - broken link) : (Moderator - please indulge the length of this quote)

Guinea Pig Kids, BBC2, 30 November 2004 and related websites
Complaint
The Director of Planning and Policy Research of the New York-based Center for HIV Law and Policy, supported by several academics and other agencies involved in HIV research and treatment, complained that the programme unfairly claimed that New York City’s Administration for Children’s Services, together with a number of medical and child care institutions, “effectively conspired to force helpless children of colour into inappropriate and sinister ‘experiments’ when in fact they made life saving drugs already approved for adults available to children living with HIV/AIDS who were in the foster care system”, that it gave a misleading impression of the effects of anti-HIV medication, and that it falsely claimed that
“denying medication to children with AIDS will improve their health while appropriate treatment will kill them”.
Ruling
The programme explored legitimate concerns about a research project involving the testing of anti-HIV drugs on children in the care system, where (it had emerged) there had been a failure in some cases to provide independent advocacy as required by the research protocols. However, the programme portrayed this failure as being the more serious because the drugs being trialled were, it claimed, both “lethal” and ineffective. In support of these claims, the programme interviewed an expert witness who was, though the audience was not told, a leading advocate of the propositions that HIV is unconnected with AIDS, that anti-retroviral drugs do not work in the treatment of AIDS and that they are, in fact, responsible for deaths attributed to AIDS. The audience was not told that his was a minority and controversial view which would be challenged by mainstream medical opinion. No other medical opinion was heard on this subject.
The programme also gave the false impression that parents or carers who objected to their children being placed in the trials risked losing custody of their children. In fact, the three case studies which created this impression did not involve children connected with the trials. Though there was no explicit claim that “denying medication to children with AIDS will improve their health while appropriate treatment will kill them”, the treatment of case studies in the programme contributed to that impression.
Party upheld
Further action
A correction will be published on bbc.co.uk, as part of the pages on which the material complained of appears, with a link to this summary. In addition, the ECU will contact other websites featuring the material in order to draw their attention to its ruling. The management of BBC News is addressing the issues arising from the ruling for the commissioning and supervision of independent productions of this kind.

No, it was in response to your OUTLANDISH claims that conspiracies and purposeful harm does not and cannot exist, so I showed you examples proving how wrong you are, on ALL COUNTS.

No, you again went internet surfing and failed to be as thorough as you should have. Your research skills need improving.

It's not what I think (though experience confirms) ... the IQ measurements of the United States have been declining over recent decades ... it's been measured and documented.

We now rank 18th among developed nations with an average IQ of 98 ... lagging behind such nations as Hungary and Poland today.

And if you are representative of the masses, I rest my case.

For someone who claims an IQ of 148, you do not seem to understand how IQ test are scored. A score of 100 is by definition the average. The test is calibrated such that half the people in the country have scores between 90 and 110. Comparing scores between countries is meaningless, as each country must calibrate its own tests. See here:
IQ Test Scores: The Basics of IQ Score Interpretation
Did you do your IQ test online, too?

Still do not want to discuss cholesterol?

Did you decide which of the two competing conspiracy theories of the origin of the AIDS virus is the "true" one?

Old 10-01-2010, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Yes indeed ... it's very clear that to you, nothing exists outside of the "Merck Manual", JAMA, and PubMed. And these fountains of truth are the only sources of information ... which is probably why you are so ill-informed. But it's more than that, isn't it?

Yes, it's just another example (amongst so many) of your fundamentally flawed and fraudulent positions ... to insinuate that "YouTube" is some illegitimate source of information, when it is not a "source" at all. It's nothing more than a delivery platform for audio/video information which can neither lend or detract credibility for any of it's wide variety of informational and entertainment pieces presented ... ranging from home made videos of teenaged girls behaving like 10 year olds, to serious mainstream, professionally produced documentaries, YouTube is not a "source". You might as well claim that a "Computer" lacks credibility ... when the reality is that a computer can neither have nor lack credibility at all. So, this is just another example of your attempts to obfuscate and divert ... probably will work on the lower IQ types ... but all too obvious for anyone that possess an ounce of critical analysis skill.

But wait ... this bastion of integrity and medical marvel was found to have committed scientific misconduct ... "After three years of investigations, the Federal Office of Research Integrity today found that Dr. Robert C. Gallo, the American co-discoverer of the cause of AIDS, had committed scientific misconduct. The investigators said he had "falsely reported" a critical fact in the scientific paper of 1984 in which he described isolating the virus that causes AIDS.

Federal Inquiry Finds Misconduct By a Discoverer of the AIDS Virus - Biography; Chronology - NYTimes.com

But, I personally don't think this is anything more than a smokescreen ... given the irrefutable evidence linking Gallo to the Special Virus Cancer Program and the creation of the HIV virus ... it could be considered rather suspicious if he were to be given sole credit for it's later "discovery". So, a French scientist can share the credit. Another diversion and red herring .

Yes ... and you can certainly consider me a crackpot ... I'm fine with that, because any thinking person can see what a fraud you are just from this thread alone.

Be that as it may, there are upwards of 20,000 documents charting the development of the HIV-1 virus over a 15 year period, beginning in 1962, including congressional funding appropriations attached to the development of a biological agent which compromises the human immune system for which no natural immunity would exist. (Sounds a lot like HIV).

This is not opinion ... these are actual documents ... the smoking gun paper trail. AND ..... uncovered amongst those documents found in the medical archives of the US Government ... a detailed flow chart of the entire Special Virus Cancer Program:

1971 Special Virus Flow Chart Download (http://www.boydgraves.com/flowchart/download.html - broken link)

But the researcher, Boyd E Graves is probably considered a crackpot too ... and he's not without his own prejudices and flaws ... as he thinks the HIV virus was purely an attack on black people ... but that doesn't seem to hold true given the massive infection rates within the gay community which early on exceeded that of Africans, and African-Americans. Of course, Africa has now greatly surpassed that ... estimates are that upwards of 50+% of the entire population of the continent of Africa are HIV positive.

There are links too numerous to be REMOTELY coincidental ... and evidence voluminous enough to wallpaper the insides of the US Capitol ...

The iatrogenic nature of the HIV virus is a 100% CERTAINTY ... it is not even close to theory at this point. NOT EVEN CLOSE.

And for those few who may still be following along ... they don't need to believe me ... because, just like YouTube or a Computer ... I am not a source, nor THE SOURCE of this information ... I'm just pointing to sources ... everyone is free to investigate and come to their own conclusions.
Newsflash to GuyNTexas.....the XFiles was NOT a documentary....

The claims you make get more outlandish by the moment....

HIV is iatrogenic....FACT???

You can't prove that, no one can prove it....how exactly do you define fact??

The "idea" that HIV is man made is a ridiculous THEORY....typically espoused by those with a conspiracy fetish...hmmm sounds like someone I know

FACT??...not even close to a fact...

The fantasy that HIV began from some gov't experiment in 1962 fails even the most cursory examination...

"The earliest known case of infection with HIV-1 in a human was detected in a blood sample collected in 1959 from a man in Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of the Congo. "

"Genetic analysis of this blood sample suggested that HIV-1 may have stemmed from a single virus in the late 1940s or early 1950s."

HIV/AIDS Basics | Questions and Answers | CDC HIV/AIDS

The HIV virus wasn't "created"....not by man anyway...THAT much is a FACT..incontrovertible and undeniable....

What a FRAUD....

And no...Youtube is still not a reputable "source" no matter what you may claim and your lack of analytical skill is all too evident from your many posts...the fact thay anyone can post absolutely any garbage they want on that site with ZERO oversight and ZERO accountablility with ZERO fact checking and ZERO review for tampering/fraud/etc makes it LESS than useless for arguiing a point

Garbage in Garbage out is the definition of Youtube...

How laughable that you think "I" am ill informed when I base my knowledge on peer reviewed medical journals....yeah...I think they ARE a tad more reputable than youtube, or naturalnews, or mercola or the other bastions of nonsense that YOU rely on....critical analysis indeed

What a FRAUD...

Oh, and High cholesterol is STILL linked to heart disease.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness