U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-16-2009, 12:55 PM

53 posts, read 223,720 times

Advertisements

I suffer from migraines but I have this pain at my right temple when you touch it. I have the pain even when I don't have a migraine. No throbbing or stabbing. Just when I happen to touch it. Its feels like it bruised some how but I have not been hit there. I've been trying to do some search but only found possible TMJ or dislocated jaw disorder. Don't think thats it for me.

Any one out there hard of something like this.
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2009, 03:30 PM

1,035 posts, read 2,467,762 times
You would be surprised at the type of symptoms a sinus headache can create. Maybe check in to that and if it doesn't resolve, I'd recommend asking your doc for an MRI to rule out something more serious.

Old 11-16-2009, 07:50 PM

8,424 posts, read 24,425,211 times
I would go to the doctor on that one. Don't mess around with mystery head pains. Even if it is just a sinus infection its better to catch those sooner than later.

Old 11-17-2009, 07:49 AM

2,638 posts, read 6,182,396 times
How are you able to rule out TMJ issues? Have you seen a dentist about it? That particular symptom is closely tied to TMJ problems and you may be clenching (or even grinding) your teeth subconsciously or in your sleep.

I had a similar experience and didn't think my symptoms were related to the TMJ, but eventually it became clear that they were. I clench my jaw in my sleep, when stressed, when concentrating hard, etc. but I was never aware of it until the pain in my temple that got worse and worse. I also had some referred pain that made me think it might be my sinuses but decongestants didn't help (they actually made it worse because I clench more when on them). Consider seeing your dentist, mentioning the pain you are experiencing, and asking to have your bite checked.

Old 11-17-2009, 08:41 AM

Thank you. I will. You all have been helpful.

Old 11-17-2009, 09:37 AM

8,310 posts, read 21,754,443 times
Is that the side of your head that you typically hold your cell-phone to?

Old 11-17-2009, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimboburnsy View Post
Is that the side of your head that you typically hold your cell-phone to?
Not really, I use both sides. I do where a headset at work but It very comfortable and its on the right side. Never thought that it could be my headset.

Old 11-17-2009, 10:39 AM

523 posts, read 2,019,963 times
i've no idea how old you are, or other details such as whether this is a new symptom or longstanding, or whether this is likely to be something significant, or nothing at all...but from the minimal information you provide, the condition that needs to be excluded is temporal arteritis. go see your physician, and they can confirm or exclude.

Old 11-17-2009, 03:00 PM

669 posts, read 717,985 times
I agree about the possibility of temporal arteritis
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness