Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 10:37 AM

1 posts, read 39,854 times

Advertisements

Yes me too! I've had this since i was 11, and its been 10 years. It happens atleast 2 or 3 times a year. I cant find a pattern, or figure out when it might happen. When I was young, I seriously considered taking a sewing needle and stabbing my leg muscles
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2011, 02:28 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,263,356 times
Mine doesn't itch, but it stings, like somebody injected iodine into my leg. Is that the same thing, do you think?

Old 06-04-2011, 07:26 PM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Not in my leg, but a spot on the bottom of one of my feet. It's a strong, burning itch, but scratching the foot doesn't make it stop. It's deep in there somewhere. Comes and goes.

Old 06-08-2011, 12:01 AM

8,869 posts, read 16,319,598 times
I have sensations in my left leg that feel like electric charges. As if my leg (and sometimes my left foot) is buzzing inside. Comes and goes -- for years now. I always thought it was sciatica.

Old 01-31-2012, 09:21 PM

1 posts, read 39,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleenex View Post
I've been getting that sensation recently....and although it's nothing new. i've had that sensation in the past (very infrequently).

obviously you can't scratch it....surface scratch won't make the itch go away as it feels like the itch is coming from the inside/bone/etc.
lol

the only thing that gives the satisfaction feeling that usually comes from scratching is hitting the legg with your fist mildly.....then the itch goes away. comes back in a few hours for a few seconds....etc.etc.

what the hell is this?
YES!! I finally found someone who has experienced the same sensation. It's very uncomfortable, and the only way to scratch it IS punching it, and shaking your leg. I'm trying to search what this is called..

Old 01-31-2012, 09:55 PM

20,936 posts, read 28,426,121 times
I have also gotten this several times. It's annoying because you can't scratch the itch. It's beneath the skin. I don't get it often but when I do I try and relax and focus on something else and it usually subsides. I would get it at night when I slept.

Old 02-01-2012, 02:24 AM

8,869 posts, read 16,319,598 times
I used to have a lot of bizarre burning, shooting pains and numbness in my feet that was diagnosed as non-diabetic neuropathy. Someone recommended that I try the supplement Horse Chestnut. Within weeks the problem (that I had had for years) stopped and I have yet to have it again. I take two Horse Chestnut pills per day. It's supposed to increase circulation in the limbs but other than that I really don't know what it did to stop my foot problems. If I did, indeed, have a nerve issue, why would better circulation make that go away. Dunno and I'm not asking any questions.

Here's what the National Institutes of Health says: "Taking horse chestnut seed extract can reduce some symptoms of poor blood circulation, such as varicose veins, pain, tiredness, swelling in the legs, itching, and water retention." They add there is "insufficient information" to rate its effectiveness in treating other medical conditions.

Puritan's Pride sells 300 mg coated capsules, 200 for $12.99 (free shipping). Many other vitamin/supplement purveyors also sell it. Their website says, "... the seeds of the Horse Chestnut tree contain a biologically active compound called Aescin, and research has demonstrated that Aescin supports vein health by promoting healthy circulation and fluid balance in the legs."

Old 02-03-2012, 07:35 AM

5,893 posts, read 12,812,715 times
I had a burning pain in my left thigh a couple of years ago. Since then, that thigh has remained partially numb. Sometimes, though, I get that strange feeling that bugs are crawling down my leg. It usually happens when I first get in bed, and it makes me crazy until I scratch it. Then it usually goes away.

I have also had those electric spark type of pains from time to time in various places. Those realliy hurt! Fortunately, in my case, they are short-lived. I could not imagine having to live with that kind of pain if it were constant.

Old 03-11-2012, 04:05 PM

1 posts, read 39,341 times
I HAVE BEEN SEARCHING FOR THIS FOR LIKE 3 MONTHS. I punch my leg and it feels so good and it itches also. But I looked it up and someone said it's restless leg syndrome or something idk if that's true but I get this a lot thanks for posting this

Old 12-03-2012, 07:47 AM

1 posts, read 38,650 times
I'm going to go ahead and try to revive this thread...

has anyone found out what it is? I'm sure this is not RLS--RLS means that we want to 'move' to get rid of the itch, however this has nothing to do with moving. It is solely an itch that won't go away regardless of movement or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness