Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2012, 10:44 PM

1 posts, read 6,237 times

Advertisements

This has been happening to me since I was little, but in the past month it's happened twice and worse than ever. Basically punching my leg is the only thing that helps. I would love to know if anyone ever found out why this happens. It is driving me crazy. I actually just had an episode of what ever this is, but I was just in bed ready to go to sleep.:/ I always thought thr it could be the circulation, but never confirmed it with any doctor.
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2013, 08:49 AM

2 posts, read 11,524 times
well my leg itches from the inside and i thought i was the only one .. i went to the doctor and they was like maybe its something to do with my diabetes .... but i also have to hit my leg with my fist... i realy would like to know what it is cause people thinks its crazy

Old 09-05-2013, 08:53 AM

2 posts, read 11,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swirlybuns12 View Post
YES!! I finally found someone who has experienced the same sensation. It's very uncomfortable, and the only way to scratch it IS punching it, and shaking your leg. I'm trying to search what this is called..
yea me too im realy tryna find out what it is ...its embarasssing .....

Old 09-13-2013, 02:31 AM

1 posts, read 5,733 times
I have the same problem for 15 years now: skin-deep bone itch in my left leg, left stomach and left arm. Weird but when it attacks, im miserable. What I do is punch my "affected bones" or massage my stomach or have somebody stand on my leg because the weight of a person relieves the "itch." Ive seen a neurologist and said its a nerve problem.

Old 12-16-2013, 05:04 PM

2 posts, read 10,159 times
My son, 9-year-old, has the same issue. I have to punch his leg with a 5-pound dumbbell every day.

It's killing me to watch my son suffer every day.

We have taken my son to see the Neurologist at Children Mercy South. He said he couldn't find anything, and suggested us taking my son to see the child psychologist. He said it could be anxiety related, but I knew he was wrong.

Has anybody figured out what this really is?

Old 04-03-2014, 03:30 AM

1 posts, read 5,198 times
Me too, it seems like I can't stop scratching. It feels like my itch is coming from underneath my skin and lately I've developed a raised large area where is red and irritated from scratching at waist level on my sides. It isn't just there where I feel itchy but everywhere. Someone mentioned hormonal changes and a neural problem, I think is a combination of both. I'm going to a dermatologist to see what this insane itch is.

Old 04-03-2014, 04:17 AM

10,746 posts, read 25,873,290 times
Watch the area if you get any blisters and you continue to have pain and itching, call the doctor. It could be shingles. That's how my mothers shingles started.

Old 07-01-2014, 01:26 AM

1 posts, read 4,972 times
YASSS ! OMG i thought i was the only one ! I feel somewhere on my thigh itching so when i scratch it i just can't seem to get the spot . So i have to like did my knuckle onto them , punch it with my fist , use my elbow . LOL it's so weird . & and i'm only 12. If anyone finds out what this is , PLEASE tell me.

Old 11-03-2014, 10:11 PM

2 posts, read 10,159 times
My son has got better. Go check your iron & ferritin levels.

Old 11-18-2014, 04:22 AM

1 posts, read 4,603 times
It's the result of lack of magnesium in your diet. Take milk of magnesium pills (one a day) to counter act the affects. It's the nerves not receiving proper nutrients.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness