U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 09:34 PM

6,233 posts, read 18,128,267 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Mitch View Post
Pipe, cigar (yes, different from cigarettes but it's tobacco) (I have never smoked cigarettes but on and off do smoke a pipe and/or cigars) or buy some loose cigarette tobacco and some Zig-Zags, roll your own.

I don't want to share working space with people smoking indoors, but I do think the pendulum has swung way too far against smokers. It's a legal product, anyone old enough to smoke legally should have enough sense not to smoke in bed, etc. where the FSC is supposed to mitigate risks.

If I did smoke cigarettes I would by now be rolling my own, both to escape the FSC (and other!) chemicals and "pencil trimmings" in most OTC smokes, and to save some $ - around here in WA a pack of smokes is in the $5-$7 range (and I mean a pack, not a carton).
For the absolute savings you do not buy cigarette tobacco today, you buy smooth pipe tobacco which rolls or stuffs and smokes just fine.

I just saw an article on yahoo.com today about another movement to raise the taxes on cigarettes again by another $1.

U.S. would reap billions from $1 cigarette tax hike - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20100211/pl_nm/us_tobacco_tax - broken link)

I will never buy barcode cigarettes for myself again and I wish all smokers would do the same. Show them how you feel by hurting our government's budgets.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2010, 03:18 AM

3 posts, read 6,363 times
FSC or fire safe cigarette laws were passed state by state using deception and misinformation. FSC cigarettes greatly increase health risks for smokers. Smoking-related fires have actually increased for smokers in New York, the first state to pass the law. See http://www.huffingtonpost.com/rebecca-brooks/fire-safe-cigarette-laws_b_519867.html

Old 04-02-2010, 04:30 AM

30 posts, read 166,092 times
Default E-cigarettes

I am smoking every day for past ten years. Till I am not affected severely, but I am scared? Is there any other product which make me quit smoking?

Old 04-15-2010, 03:19 PM

2 posts, read 4,396 times
Default e-cigarettes

My daughter ran right out the very night we heard my son, her brother, was dying from the FSC cigarettes and bought an e-cigarette. It only cost $69.00 with refill fluid. It has really helped her and she has not had a real cigarette in 3 months. There are several brands from about $69 & up. Plus they also have flavored ones. Best way to get rid of these expensive (now almost $8.00 pack) unhealthy cigarettes.

Old 05-04-2010, 09:44 AM

1 posts, read 2,143 times
In 2008, I became very ill. I was coughing, choking in my sleep, vomiting, major headaches, and extremely severe pain in my legs, muscles and joints. It was so bad, i had to be assisted in walking and had to buy a 4 wheeler to get around my farm.Doctors could not find out what was wrong with me. I thought I was going to die. after 20k in medical tests a friend asked me if i was smoking FSC cigs, i said i dont know, what is that. I was told it was a poison chemical being put in cigs now and i was not aware this was going on. I had wondered why they kept going out when i set them down and why i had to drag more often to keep it lit. Once i learned of this BS, i stopped smoking my brand and switched to a non FSC brand. In one week, the symptoms started going away and after one month, i could walk again. almost 4 monthes now and nearly all the pain is gone and i can fuction again with out being assisted. Doctors were amazed that this had happened and that the FSC WAS the cause of my near death. What the hell is this country coming to? It is time we take back our rights!!! Any attorneys out there have the balls to go after these jack asses?

Old 10-29-2010, 08:52 PM

4 posts, read 8,506 times
I know no one has posted here in a while but I wanted to rant my B-Eatch

These damn FSC Smokes are a menace .
Almost as bad a driving & texting I find myself trying to hold the thing out the window of my car while the tobacco burns then pieces of red hot paper got flying around in circles

I wonder how much these "'do gooders" spent on this idiotic invasion of privacy

What the hell is next Jalapeños that are not hot?

Neutralized citric acid fruit?

How about Gas that won't burn? there YA go dumb arses mind your own business & the "'new Coke " sucked, Put my smokes back they were!

OOOH! I know Computers that don't compute.
tires that don't roll ,hell there can be a whole society of people to undo everything that man kind has invented.

EEEERRRRRRR

.....Rant Paused

SR66

Hey check it out my 1st post is "66" cool huh?

Old 10-29-2010, 11:24 PM

I haven't smoked a cigarette in almost 2 months now and so i am more sensitive to the smoke from hubby's FSC's and I gotta tell you it is awful. As a smoker there were times even I could smell it so I know what it smells like but it is truly a lot worse now. As far as I know you can't buy non-FSC in the US anymore. After rolling my own for 9 months I switched to e-cigarettes. Don't buy them in the mall or at the gas station and the cost will be more reasonable. I've posted the link to our forum all over it maybe in this thread too or PM me for more info.

Old 05-18-2011, 05:55 PM

1 posts, read 1,734 times
Even the ryo sleeves have FSC in them now. Does anyone know of any ryo sleeves....unflavored....that does not contain the FSC? I have heard of something with seaweed but am having a hard time finding any reliable info.

Old 05-18-2011, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VolcanoTender View Post
Even the ryo sleeves have FSC in them now. Does anyone know of any ryo sleeves....unflavored....that does not contain the FSC? I have heard of something with seaweed but am having a hard time finding any reliable info.
I quit but I am very disturbed to hear this. There was talk in the forum I visited but it appears that has closed down.

E-Cigarette Forum for more info.

Old 05-18-2011, 07:43 PM

12,480 posts, read 14,371,322 times
What the heck is an FSC cigarette??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness