U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2009, 09:12 AM

1,817 posts, read 5,767,881 times

Advertisements

Has anyone had any luck controling them with diet for any amount of time or getting any better? I'm in a bad spot where I've had 6 attacks of pain now and a trip to the ER confirming stones, quite a few and not small. The ER Doc wanted me to have surgery and I couldn't go that night so I made the call to the suggested surgeon the following morning and he doesn't even have a consult until next year and says this is elective surgery which translates to, he's in no hurry. I'm scared to even eat now. I'm told no fat to keep the attacks at bay but I wonder too if you don't eat fat and the gallbladder doesn't empty if the condition is going to get worse. I have an appt to see a reg Doc but can't even get in there till a week from today.
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2009, 04:51 AM

28 posts, read 94,928 times
Do a google on Gallstone diet or Gallbladder diet and you can find out about all kinds of foods/drinks you should avoid. My son had gallstones and we discovered that even carbonated beverages and iced tea can upset the gallbladder. Certain foods and drinks (lemonade) can soothe the gallbladder until you can get it removed, which ultimately was what my son did. And yes, stay away from fats and limit the dairy.

Old 11-25-2009, 09:28 PM

14 posts, read 57,187 times
Have you tried essential oils? Search for the book Modern Essentials A contemporary Guide. It has the most up-to-date essential oil info. (2009)

Old 11-26-2009, 10:17 AM

1,817 posts, read 5,767,881 times
I'm hoping to find some foods I can eat today. I'm cooking as fat free as I can and making a "traditional" Thanksgiving day dinner. Had an appt at the clinic that was rescheduled later. Hoping they can help me in some small way. I'm tired of living in fear every time I eat something.

Old 11-26-2009, 10:50 AM

1,917 posts, read 4,225,788 times
I'd find another Doctor. Gallstones can be very dangerous if they make their way into the pancreas...can even cause death. No Doctor should call gallbladder surgery "elective".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness