U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 08:00 PM

5 posts, read 24,880 times

Advertisements

what PVC or PAC has to do with city-data?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2011, 10:23 AM

19,631 posts, read 53,468,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fincaeskimo View Post
what PVC or PAC has to do with city-data?
The very first post tells you what the terms mean in the medical world.

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 08-17-2011, 05:52 PM

1 posts, read 4,641 times
I am 25 and I have been having PVCs and PACs for about 6 months I always told my doctor that I was having a lot of them. But he would not care. He always told me that my echo and ct exams were normal that I have a healty heart and not to worry about them. But I insisted and finally he put me on a holter monitor and a couple of hours after a returned the holter he called me to tell me that I had 6953 PVCs in a 24 hour period. He was like "how can you work with all those skipped beats". But now I have only a few a day and some days none. Here is what worked for me coQ10, taurine, potassium, magnesium and omega 3-6-9 I take all of them every day I am not sure wich one is the one working for me but I don't mind taking all them I know they are good for me anyways.

Old 08-18-2011, 03:43 AM

9,457 posts, read 16,404,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluemax View Post
I'm a male, 49 yrs. old and have been getting pvc's/pac's for four years now. I do seem to notice that they sometime happen to me after I eat foods that have high levels of sugar: donuts, candy, birthday cake with lots of frosting, etc... all non chocolate. Question - do foods with higher levels of sugar set them off in anyone else, or is it just me? Most of the time I don't let them bother me, but at other times they do rattle my cage, especially when they are the more noticable ones that occur multiple times in a row. Would appreciate any info on the "sugar" theory. Thanks!
Aw old post and he hasn't been back, but I'll reply to it anyway. The answer is yes, I have noticed a definite correlation between eating too much sugar and the "flutterbys." I totally solved mine a few years ago, accidently, when I was taking olive leaf extract as a supplement and they went away. I occasionally get the flutters when I overconsume on sugar food, but then they go away again.

Old 01-26-2012, 07:47 AM

1 posts, read 4,365 times
Since when has PVCs and PACs every day all day long and rapid heart rates 3 to 6 times a week, not a danger. Something had to happen to make my heart go caddywanka. I am a 55yr old female housewife who doesnt smoke (anymore 3yrs) eats health (good old fashion home cooking but not fried) live in the country no stress kinda life. So SOMETHING is not working right. I don't want to have to take all these meds they are having me trial and error with. THe put a monitor on me for 2 weeks and it didn't show but 4% of all the pvcs and pacs I was having every day. WHAT HAPPENED to the other 96%? Why didn't it show up on the monitor? I am frustated with being told all this is normal and there is no danger. MY HEART IS NOT WORKING RIGHT! How can I fix it?

Old 07-15-2012, 01:34 AM

1 posts, read 4,057 times
I have to start off telling you that I'm not a medical anything. I'm a patient who has been dealing with these annoying PAC's. Until recently. I felt all the same things you feel about having them, including the frustration of not getting a solution. I woke up with afib two years ago. I had all the test an electro physiologist gives to be sure there wasn't a problem with my heart. He told me that I have the heart of a 25 year old, I was 47 at the time. I will add that I'm in better shape than most 30 year olds anyway.

He then said he had no idea why I got afib. He gave me a prescription for atenolol and Flecainide to carry and use only if I needed it and sent me packing. I had PAC's previous to the afib. I figured the two were related.

I don't want to drag this out too long so I will get to the point. I was having some nerve problems I put down to an old neck injury. My neurologist gave me gabapentin, also called nuerontin to deal with the pain. It worked for the pain and also got rid of the PAC's! The best part is that gabapentin is pretty benign. I only have to take 300 mg before bed and that seems to do the trick.

I have no idea if this will work for you, and I won't bother running it by my electro physiologist. But I will say that I asked my electro physiologist last fall if itís not my heart causing the PAC's and it's not my circulatory system or my respiratory system, could it be my nervous system? He smiled and said yes.

From what I gather, the gabapentin helps improve the nerve impulses in some way. The autonomic nervous system that allows the brain to talk to the heart is exactly that, nerves. So it made sense that gabapentin would work for me.

I know what you're going through and it's terrible. I empathize with you. God Bless!

Old 09-07-2012, 08:47 PM

1 posts, read 3,880 times
Oh my gosh i am not alone. I am 60 years old had a oblation without much success. Throwing PVc's or Pac's on and off all day long . On Flecanide and Toprol with many side effects. I feel my skip beats in my throat all day long with only little breaks . Back on a holter monitor next week . I cant live like this . I am just sitting at home , working or sleeping. Sometimes eating starts it , what to do??????

Old 06-12-2013, 08:46 PM

1 posts, read 3,453 times
Default Relief from uncomfortable, dangerously-frequent, PVC's!

I have been having PVC's for about 10 years. The first cardiologist, a particularly nasty man, said they wouldn't kill me, and I should just shut up and not bother him anymore -- there was nothing that could be or needed to be done about them. Obviously, I found another cardiologist immediately. I had been having bigeminy and trigeminy (PVC's every other and every second beat) PVC's, which reduced my heart rate to as little as 32 beats per minute! Upon standing, I would often pass out, which really scared my husband. He called the squad, and they also were alarmed at my slow heartrate.

The new cardiologist looked at my bloodwork, and saw that my potassium level, though still in the normal range (by 1 point) was the problem. I am in a small group of people who are very sensitive to low-normal potassium levels. He put me on a prescription Potassium supplement, and wrote a prescription for Rythmol. The Potassium cut the PVC's down to about one per minute, which made me feel much better. The Rythmol settled them altogether, and with absolutely no side effects. Since I have a lot of drug allergies, that was a huge blessing. I don't know if any of you have tried these, but they were a gift from God for me. My new cardiologist said that Dr JerkCardio was dead wrong in his estimation that the tremendous number of PVC's I was having that so massively lowered my heartrate were not dangerous. The PVC's were indeed dangerous -- not just to my heart, but also to my head, which could have sustained serious damage from falling when I passed out, by possibly smacking it against a hard object! I am not too thrilled with the prospect of broken bones elsewhere either; leg, hip, etc!

My advice to anyone with heart issues that continue to concern you after seeing a cardiologist, is to get a second opinion. I certainly am glad I did! That sensation of a crazed chimunk racing in circles inside my ribcage was just too much to continue to bear, and indeed, I didn't have to! Before I saw the excellent cardiologist, I couldn't sleep at night due to that feeling in my chest, and my husband was afraid to leave me alone. Friend, you really don't have to live with that! And you don't have to stay with a nasty, detached, self-impressed doctor,...ever!

To anyone that lives near enough to Dayton, OH, I would be happy to give you the name of the good doc. He's in a large practice of qualified, kind cardiologists that I trust completely. Dr Snippy was actually a second generation nasty cardiologist, and I've heard horror stories about him and his nasty daddy since my experience. I'll keep their names to myself though, so don't ask.

Old 02-03-2014, 01:34 PM

1 posts, read 3,106 times
Thumbs up Nutrients that may help

Hi

I am a 28 year old female who has had a pacemaker for 9 years and have suffered from PAC/PVC/SVT episodes. My episodes have come and gone. I have even had years where I wasn't affected and then months where I was going insane from the constant irregularities taking place within my chest. As a Nutritionist, I believe many times nutrition plays a role in many health challenges.[mod] need at least 10 other posts to make specific recommendations

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 02-03-2014 at 04:29 PM..

Old 02-04-2014, 04:55 PM

5,762 posts, read 2,955,896 times
I had PVCs for thirty years. Sometimes as bad as every other beat with triplets so bad I would get dizzy, and adrenaline rushes with panic following

I went through every test , have MVP, but otherwise a healthy heart. After much research and experimentation, what finally worked for me was lots of quality magnesium citrate (Natural Calm ionic form), potassium (google potassium rich foods), and taurine in the form of magnesium taurate.
Also learned my triggers to be too much caffeine, dehydration, not enough aerobic exercise, and STRESS.

I rarely get arrhythmia anymore unless I am lax with the above. Since quite a few of us have posted the benefits of magnesium, potassium, and good hydration please give it a try!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness