U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-21-2009, 08:27 AM
 
25,574 posts, read 23,780,078 times
Reputation: 44099

Advertisements

What's a nap? I havent had the chance to take one in so long....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-21-2009, 10:43 AM
 
Location: SW Missouri
15,535 posts, read 29,261,945 times
Reputation: 21277
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
You really get that much sleep? I wish I got 5 hours on a regular basis.
Why wouldn't you get that much. All you have to do is go to bed. Unless, of course, you have insomnia.

20yrsinBranson
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-04-2010, 12:19 PM
 
3 posts, read 13,064 times
Reputation: 11
When I nap in the afternoon, I get confused and depressed. I feel anxiety and obsess about death. The same thing happens after a night out, which has led to me not drinking too often anymore. Its the worst feeling. Wonder why this happens? I can understand the confusion but not the depression and death or losing someone I love fear. As I have a new baby, I often nap during the day, but afternoon naps make me like this and I just wish it would stop.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-04-2010, 01:23 PM
 
9,341 posts, read 11,261,655 times
Reputation: 5983
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayare View Post
When I nap in the afternoon, I get confused and depressed. I feel anxiety and obsess about death. The same thing happens after a night out, which has led to me not drinking too often anymore. Its the worst feeling. Wonder why this happens? I can understand the confusion but not the depression and death or losing someone I love fear. As I have a new baby, I often nap during the day, but afternoon naps make me like this and I just wish it would stop.
It sounds very much like Post Partum Depression , after having a baby.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-04-2010, 01:24 PM
 
Location: Saint Petersburg, FL
1,881 posts, read 3,035,251 times
Reputation: 16514
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayare View Post
When I nap in the afternoon, I get confused and depressed. I feel anxiety and obsess about death. The same thing happens after a night out, which has led to me not drinking too often anymore. Its the worst feeling. Wonder why this happens? I can understand the confusion but not the depression and death or losing someone I love fear. As I have a new baby, I often nap during the day, but afternoon naps make me like this and I just wish it would stop.
Please look into PPD (postpartum depression). The worries about death, depression, and anxiety are symptoms of that, with a new baby in the equation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-04-2010, 09:06 PM
 
Location: SW Missouri
15,535 posts, read 29,261,945 times
Reputation: 21277
[quote=mango tango;11837829]duplicate post. sorry
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-23-2010, 06:10 AM
 
3 posts, read 13,064 times
Reputation: 11
i hadn't thought of it has postpartum depression, but now my whole world is crumbling.. in the new baby haze i have discovered my husband has feelings for an 18 year old girl who works for him. he claims nothing has happened other than a couple texts and phonecalls which i actually saw. it has thrown me, i cannot cope with anything.. the anxiety is 100 times worse. we have addressed the problems in our marriage and will work at it.. but i cannot shake the fear that he is just going to run off. i cannot sleep, when i do try, my heart pounds so badly i feel like i am having a heart attack. i also cannot eat or do anything.. even making food and cleaning the house are beyond me.. caring for my kids is an effort. he has asked i go stay with my family for a couple days while he sorts through his feelings, and has the space to miss me and focus soley on us.. and i can get some more support instead of sitting on my own at home all day.. why do i feel he is just trying to get rid of me.. why do i feel like this is ending when he so sincerely tells me how he will do anything to keep our marriage alive.. that he loves me so dearly.. i go through the motions of livening it up, rekindlling all the things that had gone for our relationship.. but i just feel i am fighting a losing battle, despite his reassurance, and feel that this will end us.. how do i look at this.. i will not leave my marriage without having given it every shot.. but how do i get the strength and resolve to do this without driving him further away with my neurotic behaviour.. how to i get passed the depression to focus on the situation i am in and deal with it the right way..

sorry this has gone completely off topic,but am desperate for advice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-23-2010, 07:27 AM
 
Location: North Beach, MD on the Chesapeake
32,156 posts, read 39,236,941 times
Reputation: 40630
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Why wouldn't you get that much. All you have to do is go to bed. Unless, of course, you have insomnia.

20yrsinBranson

Just saw you asked me this months ago. Just never have slept that much, 6 hours is usually my max. I also wake up a lot at night. Dr. has suggested, without much enthusiasm, a sleeping pill but neither she nor I really want to go down that road.

I do power nap.

Funny story. When I was in USN OCS we got scheduled for 7 1/2 hours (2200-0530) and I didn't know what to do, I wasn't used to that much sleep.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-23-2010, 07:52 AM
 
Location: Manhattan, Ks
1,280 posts, read 5,925,606 times
Reputation: 1796
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayare View Post
i hadn't thought of it has postpartum depression, but now my whole world is crumbling.. in the new baby haze i have discovered my husband has feelings for an 18 year old girl who works for him. he claims nothing has happened other than a couple texts and phonecalls which i actually saw. it has thrown me, i cannot cope with anything.. the anxiety is 100 times worse. we have addressed the problems in our marriage and will work at it.. but i cannot shake the fear that he is just going to run off. i cannot sleep, when i do try, my heart pounds so badly i feel like i am having a heart attack. i also cannot eat or do anything.. even making food and cleaning the house are beyond me.. caring for my kids is an effort. he has asked i go stay with my family for a couple days while he sorts through his feelings, and has the space to miss me and focus soley on us.. and i can get some more support instead of sitting on my own at home all day.. why do i feel he is just trying to get rid of me.. why do i feel like this is ending when he so sincerely tells me how he will do anything to keep our marriage alive.. that he loves me so dearly.. i go through the motions of livening it up, rekindlling all the things that had gone for our relationship.. but i just feel i am fighting a losing battle, despite his reassurance, and feel that this will end us.. how do i look at this.. i will not leave my marriage without having given it every shot.. but how do i get the strength and resolve to do this without driving him further away with my neurotic behaviour.. how to i get passed the depression to focus on the situation i am in and deal with it the right way..

sorry this has gone completely off topic,but am desperate for advice.
Please, please go see a doctor. Your symptoms sound very much like those of a friend of mine who was suffering from post-partum depression. You will never be able to work on your marriage until you deal with this condition. It's not your fault, but your brain is going haywire right now. You need to speak to a professional who can help you get it back in balance. My heart really goes out to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-23-2010, 08:41 AM
 
Location: Saint Petersburg, FL
1,881 posts, read 3,035,251 times
Reputation: 16514
Quote:
Originally Posted by kansas sky View Post
Please, please go see a doctor. Your symptoms sound very much like those of a friend of mine who was suffering from post-partum depression. You will never be able to work on your marriage until you deal with this condition. It's not your fault, but your brain is going haywire right now. You need to speak to a professional who can help you get it back in balance. My heart really goes out to you.
Ditto.

But, also, do NOT let your dh pin this on you. Whether or not your behavior is "neurotic" is not relevant in ANY way as far as how he feels about someone else and acts on those feelings (personal phone calls and texts count). That is 100% on him, no matter how he tries to convince you otherwise.

He needs to give your marriage every shot, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top