U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2010, 11:56 AM

432 posts, read 3,006,764 times

Advertisements

Naps make me feel like crap so I never take them.
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2010, 05:48 PM

3 posts, read 13,059 times
just thought i would update on my situation.. sleep has become a nightmare.. i nod off every evening from sheer exhaustion.. and wake up shortly afterwards in a blind panic.. i have to race to my babies cot to see she is still alive.. i feel desolate.. i mentioned my husbands flirtation with an 18 year old girl.. well 3 weeks after this coming to light, he walked out one night, and never came home.. before leaving he admitted to sleeping with her the weekend before after convincing me to go to my family for the weekend, so he could get his head sorted out as to why he had had this flirtation, so we could move forward with our marriage.. as soon as i was gone, he called her over. i moved to my parents, and he is continuiing his affair with her. he says he wants our marriage to work, but that he needs time alone.. alone time with her.. as he will not break it off. i am a mess.. i cling to home he will wake up and want us back.. i am alone with a small boy and a baby.. and as i said.. waking up after sleep has become so much worse.. how do i deal with this?

Old 08-08-2010, 07:54 PM

1,881 posts, read 3,031,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayare View Post
just thought i would update on my situation.. sleep has become a nightmare.. i nod off every evening from sheer exhaustion.. and wake up shortly afterwards in a blind panic.. i have to race to my babies cot to see she is still alive.. i feel desolate.. i mentioned my husbands flirtation with an 18 year old girl.. well 3 weeks after this coming to light, he walked out one night, and never came home.. before leaving he admitted to sleeping with her the weekend before after convincing me to go to my family for the weekend, so he could get his head sorted out as to why he had had this flirtation, so we could move forward with our marriage.. as soon as i was gone, he called her over. i moved to my parents, and he is continuiing his affair with her. he says he wants our marriage to work, but that he needs time alone.. alone time with her.. as he will not break it off. i am a mess.. i cling to home he will wake up and want us back.. i am alone with a small boy and a baby.. and as i said.. waking up after sleep has become so much worse.. how do i deal with this?
You stop worrying about him and start thinking about yourself and your babies. I know it's hard, believe me, but you have to do it. Ask your parents for help taking care of the kids, start napping when you can, eat well, take walks, hold your babies..... Don't talk to him on the phone, don't email, don't text. You could have your parents screen all the calls and you can block his email. It might be the hardest thing you've ever done, but you can do it and it will get better as time goes on.

I know that's harsh, but it's the truth sweetie, and you asked, so you must be looking for some real answers. Very best of luck to you.

Old 06-30-2011, 09:34 PM

1 posts, read 6,331 times
I feel this EXACT SAME way! I don't know what's the matter with me! Very out of touch in life, especially feeling like i missed out on something. I feel depressed and confused. Very empty feeling. This is why i avoid taking naps!

Old 07-01-2011, 09:04 AM

1,260 posts, read 4,532,236 times
I feel like crap after a nap. I feel better about an hour or so after,then I cant go to sleep at night. Naps are no-nos for me,unless Im sick.

Greenchili

Old 07-01-2011, 10:48 AM

24,683 posts, read 43,116,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayare View Post
When I nap in the afternoon, I get confused and depressed. I feel anxiety and obsess about death. The same thing happens after a night out, which has led to me not drinking too often anymore. Its the worst feeling. Wonder why this happens? I can understand the confusion but not the depression and death or losing someone I love fear. As I have a new baby, I often nap during the day, but afternoon naps make me like this and I just wish it would stop.
Weird you feel that way...when I take naps in the afternoon I more often than not wake up anxious and very conscious of my own mortality. Sometimes I also feel depressed and like others a bit out of place. I also often wake up anxious in the morning but without those other feelings.

Old 07-01-2011, 01:04 PM

2,190 posts, read 5,726,130 times
Interesting ... i often experience similar "symptoms" after an afternoon nap.
But that's only after a long nap ... like anything over 20 - 25 minutes.
After a short nap, i feel refreshed but without any of the disorientating / disturbed feelings.
The problem is, i don't usually fall asleep quickly so setting an alarm for 20 minutes is problematic as it may take me that long to fall asleep.
For those who are able to konk right out though, setting an alarm for 15-25 minutes may be a solution.

Old 07-02-2011, 12:29 AM

7,288 posts, read 10,364,337 times
Why are you napping?

Old 04-12-2012, 02:55 PM

1 posts, read 5,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango tango View Post
Occasionally, I'll take a nap in the afternoon. However, whenever I wake up in the evening, I find myself in this strange, urgent mood.

It's a mixture of depressed, disorientated, calm panic/anxiety, and a general sense of being lost and confused with my lost. I also feel like I missed out on something or I'm wasting my life away because I took a nap. A sense of urgency also encompasses me, although I'm not quite sure for what.

Am I the only one like this? I try to avoid naps because of the aftereffects. The feelings and moods that happen afterwards are very out of character for me, and usually go away the next day after a night's sleep.

No, I'm not depressed, suicidal, or experiencing any trauma, and no, I haven't dealt with any of that in the past.
Dude i feel you this stuff happens to me too also when i go out in sunlight or do some straineous exercise. Its awful

Old 04-13-2012, 08:44 AM

13,483 posts, read 29,425,055 times
I don't like naps either, but sometimes I can't help it if I'm really tired. I often wake up feeling like its a totally different day, and then if it's dark outside its really confusing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness