U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2012, 02:50 PM

1 posts, read 14,171 times

Advertisements

I don't know what is wrong with me? Its been happening to me alot when I take a nap ( an hour or so) I will wake up calm but anxious,worried about, nothing in particular like my mind is racing. I feel really sad and sometimes start to cry and I have no clue why? I have tried not to nap but I'm on a Methadone program and I have found myself taking naps more frequently than before I was on the Methadone. Could it be the Methadone making me feel like this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2012, 09:38 PM

1 posts, read 14,158 times
I registered just to ask for an update from kayare about her situation. I hope things have been resolved or at least gotten better.

Old 08-16-2012, 05:28 AM

1 posts, read 14,116 times
I have the exact same problem~!! I thought I was the only one. I am thinking it is a combination of things based on what I have read. It has not always happened- what is different now is that I have had several life changes at once and it has been a very rough year! Definitely a connection I believe of the subconscious "scanning" the brain for problems upon waking like a computer- also I have read it could be due to sugar levels-I eat the best at night- (perhaps that is why I feel the best at night)..so perhaps sugar like juice in the morning would help. I am still experimenting- I do have bi-polar disorder but again despite this I have not always had this problem and at this point I believe the unhappiness with my life situation currently is the main cause so must make changes! So good to know I am not the only one!!!!!

Old 08-18-2012, 09:32 AM

440 posts, read 773,162 times
I think I know what you're talking about, OP. Disoriented, panicked, anxious... do you suffer from anxiety? I've also found i have more vivid or disturbing dreams during the day. Could be something to do with the sleep chemicals your body releases and your response to that.

Old 09-12-2012, 01:14 AM

8,164 posts, read 9,372,664 times
I also experience this. I take naps frequently as I have bad sleep problems. But when I take nap, I will always have nightmares. Every single nap! More frequently than not, they are about me dying. When I wake, I feel horrible. Disoriented, usually have a throbbing headache, feel very anxious and moody. I'm not taking any meds whatsoever. However, after about 30 minutes I come around and generally feel better then I did before the nap.

Old 09-12-2012, 05:03 AM

18,143 posts, read 16,469,509 times
I get this feeling too sometimes. If I take a nap during the day at home sometimes I'll wake up with a feeling of disconnect from my surroundings. Almost like amnesia. Like I have no emotional attachments to anyone or anything around me or even myself. If I nap at work during lunch( power naps of 10 or 20 minutes) I'm constantly waking up every 5 minutes or so. I've got a good internal alarm clock so I set myself to wake up at a certain time. Its annoying when I wake up with sort of an adrenaline rush, heart pounding, disorientation. Other times I'll wake up and feel relaxed.

Old 09-12-2012, 07:31 PM

35 posts, read 54,498 times
I almost never take naps unless I'm sick or I'm suffering a bad migraine whereas a nap could be helpful. In my case, meaningless naps would make me feel even worse. I'd feel more drowsy than I was before my nap. I would never regain my strength back at 100% and feel more tired the rest of my day. I guess that it's not for me. Some days I'm so sleepy but I don't take naps because I know it would not help me. I'd find ways to keep myself awake. I've managed to do so.

Old 09-13-2012, 01:36 AM

22,745 posts, read 21,795,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
I also experience this. I take naps frequently as I have bad sleep problems. But when I take nap, I will always have nightmares. Every single nap! More frequently than not, they are about me dying. When I wake, I feel horrible. Disoriented, usually have a throbbing headache, feel very anxious and moody. I'm not taking any meds whatsoever. However, after about 30 minutes I come around and generally feel better then I did before the nap.
This is the sort of thing that happens to me. I don't sleep well at night, so therefore I take naps. Usually, the nightmares are at night. If not, they present themselves during the nap.

I had a very disturbing nap dream today.

Last edited by Gerania; 09-13-2012 at 01:36 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 10-02-2012, 07:33 PM

1 posts, read 14,025 times
Oh, you guys are awesome. I've felt like absolute butt after taking these long naps recently. When I wake up, I feel like I've ruined my day.

REM cycles last about 20 minutes and interrupting them can make you feel disoriented and crappy. If you wake up in the middle of a dream, chances are that's what happened. (I am only an amateur with this information, don't quote me!)

What works for me (so far) is understanding that your body will come around if you just give it time. (You will start to feel normal again.) I like to listen to music and get dressed calmly and I try not to make any major decisions until I'm back to normal.

Old 12-29-2012, 05:48 PM

1 posts, read 13,884 times
I believe it is normal to feel this, but maybe most do not pay any attention to this thought when they might have missed part of the day. When I was growing up in my childhood I would sometimes take a nap during the day. Sometimes it would be a long nap that I did not want because I did not want to miss the day. A sad and empty feeling would strike me because I am a type that lives on the go instead of ignoring the day. In any case it just sounds like a natural emotional reaction when the body shuts down to recharge and nothing more than that. I can clearly say I know myself especially my own emotions to some degree to say OK I know what triggered some uneasy or unknown emotions. Just part of being human. Relax and think to yourself before thinking it is bad. We all love life to not skip or drain time because we are on barrowed time that is clicking away. Again it does not have to looked at as a negative statement. As we become older these thoughts and emotions become more familiar.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness