U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2009, 06:56 PM

1 posts, read 29,031 times

Advertisements

If you are treating someone with the flu, what you can do to help them is this. read further below why i state this and hope this is ingrained in every hospital.

Contrary to popular medical opinion, my beliefe is that fever is not benificial other than reducing blood levels, wich can be dangerous when high fever developes (registering as blood loss) and benifitial using mild excersize
but dangerous using overexcersize (how heatstroke during excersize happens).Fever is the result always of dangerously rapid heartrate, even
moreso if no excersize is involved. (checked by grabbing a fever patient and taking a pulse to verify, something missed by the medical community). mild fever is induced in excersize causing weightloss,
but prolongued excersize can lead to dehydration and heartproblems if no rest/moderate excersize is not used.

Fever is caused always by a rapid accelerated heartrate and is benifitial during excersize (mild fever is induced in excersize.
In my opinion viral deaths occure due to heart failure from rapid increases and decreases in blood levels, the virus registering as an increase of blood supply causing the heart to pump harder until it fails (wich is why alcohol in cold medicines and aspirin helps as a thinner to help the heart pump by thinning the blood acting as a mild muscle relaxant), the same effect can be found by pouring water into a balloon, it becomes harder to squeeze.
secondly heart failure by rapid decrease of blood supply through evaporation, the sweat you see during
fever is actualy dehydration and i believe from the evaporation of blood, blood being the primary liquid and containing the most water. Its highly imprtant to at least drink until cooled down and heart rate approaches normal, eating and drinking. fever temperatures and the temperatures needed to
evaporate water are synonymous, proven by boiling a small blood sample for about 45 min or less. you can verify this by weighing your patients at viral outbreak thier will be an unexplained increase and at fevers end an unexplained rapid decrease in weight, from evaporating blood supply due to high temperature fevers heat levels. (high temperatures evaporate blood/water).

You can verify that patients will have either a high heartrate in a low grade temp, dangerously high in midrange temp and at life threatening temperatures slow and erratic. check thier heartrate to determine level of health, looking for a normal heartrate.

What you can do to help reduce death tolls is this.

1. Do not let your patient sleep if they have a fever. Allow them to sit upright and rest. The reason is if the fever is severe enough, you will not be able to tell if they are sleeping or passed out as this will happen if fever is severe enough.most nurses are unware even that something is wrong because of allowing thier patients to sleep when sick. Let a flu/cold patient sleep after a fever, that way you are certain danger signs are passed. Have them drink water emmediately when a fever starts, as well as food (non sugary foods). do not let them drink pop, coffee etc. Take thier heartrate to prove my statement that irregular heartrates are occuring during fever states. Make sure they can talk, watch for symptoms of slurred speech and fainting, something showing fever has reached critical levels.

2. monitor thier heartrate as mentioned above. it has been missed that a fever is a sign your body is overheating and your heartrate is dangerously irregular (without excersize before taking pulse). A fast heartrate caused by elevated/increased blood levels is what brings on fever in my opinion, mild fever is a concern if no excersize has been involved.If fever is dangerously high they will have a slow erratic heartrate indicating they may pass out, have them lie back and relax and drink water, mental states are synonymous with fever states. alert=normal heartrate, excersized/excited=high heartrate, unconsciouss/sleep=abnormaly low heartrate.

3. make sure if profuse vomiting is involved you feed them. bland foods like bread and unsalted crackers will help settle thier stomach along with brothless noodles,if they are vomiting thats ok as they are expelling the viral contaminate but if it becomes extended realize they are not getting the calories they need. a fever may cause people to need more food and water as it both dehydrates and probably causes more calories to be burned. you can dilute broth and gradualy increase it when they keep food down. Esp mandatory if thier sweating they need to be drinking water. malnutrition and dehydration are also possible causes of death, esp in 3rd world contries who have limited supplies to even feed patients.

4. do not allow your patient to become bedridden. even if they need excersize to the point of wheeling themselves around in a wheelchair, some excersize is necessary. it is not normal or healthy to lie in bed 24/7, it produces a weakend heart and atrophy of the muscles. Its obviously not healthy for a healthy person to lie around 7 days straight in a bed, it certainly isnt for a sick person. Make sure they rest, but everything in moderation.

5. if you are caughing and sniffling, blow your nose and spit into a bucket. do not hold it in as these symptoms i believe are your body getting rid of the virus wich is why it occurs that virus elements are found in mucus. etc. you can monitor your patients wellness levels. you can keep cultures and monitor your patients health by determining viral levels in mucas and tell your nurses what symptoms to expect after matching cultures. if a patient is caughing blood have them sit upright and drink water to clean out infection as they may choke sleeping on blood. have them sleep back elevated if symptoms persist. (always contacting a doctor if such occurances occur).

Feel free to forward this information to qualified doctors/medical community.

Last edited by digital3dg; 12-01-2009 at 07:14 PM..
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2009, 08:17 PM

15,527 posts, read 29,228,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by digital3dg View Post
If you are treating someone with the flu, what you can do to help them is this. read further below why i state this and hope this is ingrained in every hospital.

1. Do not let your patient sleep if they have a fever. Allow them to sit upright and rest. The reason is if the fever is severe enough, you will not be able to tell if they are sleeping or passed out as this will happen if fever is severe enough.most nurses are unware even that something is wrong because of allowing thier patients to sleep when sick. Let a flu/cold patient sleep after a fever, that way you are certain danger signs are passed. Have them drink water emmediately when a fever starts, as well as food (non sugary foods). do not let them drink pop, coffee etc. Take thier heartrate to prove my statement that irregular heartrates are occuring during fever states. Make sure they can talk, watch for symptoms of slurred speech and fainting, something showing fever has reached critical levels.
It has been SCIENTIFICALLY proven that the ONLY time that the body can heal itself is during periods of deep relaxation and sleep. If a person wishes to sleep, it is their body telling them that they need the rest. It would be stupid to keep a person who is ill awake.
Quote:

3. make sure if profuse vomiting is involved you feed them. bland foods like bread and unsalted crackers will help settle thier stomach along with brothless noodles,if they are vomiting thats ok as they are expelling the viral contaminate but if it becomes extended realize they are not getting the calories they need. a fever may cause people to need more food and water as it both dehydrates and probably causes more calories to be burned. you can dilute broth and gradualy increase it when they keep food down. Esp mandatory if thier sweating they need to be drinking water. malnutrition and dehydration are also possible causes of death, esp in 3rd world contries who have limited supplies to even feed patients.

5. if you are caughing and sniffling, blow your nose and spit into a bucket. do not hold it in as these symptoms i believe are your body getting rid of the virus wich is why it occurs that virus elements are found in mucus. etc. you can monitor your patients wellness levels. you can keep cultures and monitor your patients health by determining viral levels in mucas and tell your nurses what symptoms to expect after matching cultures. if a patient is caughing blood have them sit upright and drink water to clean out infection as they may choke sleeping on blood. have them sleep back elevated if symptoms persist. (always contacting a doctor if such occurances occur).
A person should be fed only if they feel hungry. Again your body will tell you what they need if you bother to listen. Vomiting is also the body's way of "gitting rid of the virus wich [sic] is why it occurs". Force feeding someone is NOT the way to make them better. On the other hand, replacing fluids is very important to avoid dehydration.

Feel free to forward this information to qualified doctors/medical community.[/quote]

I'm guessing that English is not your first language. And medicine is not your first profession either, LOL

20yrsinBranson

Old 12-02-2009, 08:06 AM

25,907 posts, read 34,966,446 times
Sleeping all day with a low-grade fever is the way I get over illness the fastest. I drink plenty of liquids and eat something so my internal furnace has something to burn, and I let the fever cook off the illness. That's what fever is for. Once my fever breaks and my appetite returns, I am better.

Old 12-02-2009, 08:30 AM

3,627 posts, read 12,400,342 times
Mod cut: not necessary This is the most ridiculous nonsense I have ever heard. A fever occurs becuase the hypothalamus senses the infection in the blood and raises the temperature to make it less hospitable to infectious agents.

Well, we would always monitor temperature because I high fever can wreak havoc but I am a big believer in letting the body do its thing and sweat out a fever if at all possible [while closely monitoring body temp and taking it down with aspirin or acetominophin or ibuprofen IF it gets too high.

Last edited by Viralmd; 12-02-2009 at 09:11 AM.. Reason: Lots of people here give out 'advice' with NO qualifications or training...why single out THIS OP - his advice IS nonsense
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness