U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2009, 06:26 PM

8,998 posts, read 12,769,903 times

Advertisements

I don't have the best description for them but here's the website: Home Grown Pillows (http://www.homegrownpillows.com/catalog.php?category=18 - broken link)

I am considering buying myself one.
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2009, 07:57 PM

2,903 posts, read 11,173,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post
I don't have the best description for them but here's the website: Home Grown Pillows (http://www.homegrownpillows.com/catalog.php?category=18 - broken link)

I am considering buying myself one.
I'm using one at this very moment ... draped over my neck and i've been using it on my belly and lower back as well.
It's wonderful although the one that i have is lavender scented and that scent in combination with this cooked smell (i think i over heat it in the microwave) is a bit weird.
Kinda smells liked lavender scented hot cereal ... not bad, just weird.
So i recommend a non-scented one and to follow the directions.
The directions for mine said to heat it in one minute increments in the microwave but i'm impatient so i did it for 2 minutes at a time and get it really hot ... maybe too hot.
This is a google page for the brand i have ... dreamtime bodywrap.
I imagine there are a number of them out there ... different brands ... so i'd just do some research and find the highest quality.
But yeah, they're worth it and i like it better than having an electric pad on my body ... and mine is a moist heat ... not sure how that works but it's very nice.
Google-page for Dreamtime BodyWwrap

Old 12-03-2009, 11:46 AM

1,034 posts, read 3,734,124 times
I have a similar product they used to sell at Walgreens called "Bed Buddies." My grandma heats hers up and puts it at the foot of her bed a half an hour before she retires for the night. I use it for headaches, earaches, neck and back pain, cramps, and bladder pain (I have a bladder condition). Mine is filled with rice and for the most part is unscented excepted a cooked rice kind of smell after heating it up.

Old 12-04-2009, 07:53 AM

8,998 posts, read 12,769,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coyoteskye View Post
I'm using one at this very moment ... draped over my neck and i've been using it on my belly and lower back as well.
It's wonderful although the one that i have is lavender scented and that scent in combination with this cooked smell (i think i over heat it in the microwave) is a bit weird.
Kinda smells liked lavender scented hot cereal ... not bad, just weird.
So i recommend a non-scented one and to follow the directions.
The directions for mine said to heat it in one minute increments in the microwave but i'm impatient so i did it for 2 minutes at a time and get it really hot ... maybe too hot.
This is a google page for the brand i have ... dreamtime bodywrap.
I imagine there are a number of them out there ... different brands ... so i'd just do some research and find the highest quality.
But yeah, they're worth it and i like it better than having an electric pad on my body ... and mine is a moist heat ... not sure how that works but it's very nice.
Google-page for Dreamtime BodyWwrap
Is yours filled with rice?

Old 12-04-2009, 10:37 AM

2,903 posts, read 11,173,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post
Is yours filled with rice?
I just found this web-site that indicates that it is filled with rice.
Heat Relief Depot - Your Place For Personal Cooling & Warming Products (http://heatreliefdepot.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=573 - broken link)
And it's scented with cinnamon, clove and eucalyptus.
I don't know why i thought it was scented with lavender as well ... maybe or maybe not.
I have the lavender colored one so maybe that's why i thought that.
My acupuncturist has ones that are not scented which i actually prefer.
But i'm getting used to the smell of this one and i'm actually enjoying it.
And the heat is really wonderful.
Sometimes i drape it around my neck.
Last night i went to bed with it and was on my side with it draped over my lower back.
It's really nice on the belly or up the entire front of the torso.
Smaller ones can be used to warm the feet in bed.
If you're in a really cold climate, heating it and then putting in your bed before you get in is really, really nice .... like a new fashioned bed warmer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or