U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2009, 10:21 PM

9 posts, read 54,351 times

Advertisements

Is it advisable to buy prescription drug online from canada? My mom is on multiple blood pressure meds and they seem to be much cheaper online in canada. The problem is that I dont know if these drugs are good or not. Has any of you bought any online before, if yes pl give me some info.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2018, 03:21 PM

19,066 posts, read 6,284,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnlulu View Post
Is it advisable to buy prescription drug online from canada? My mom is on multiple blood pressure meds and they seem to be much cheaper online in canada. The problem is that I dont know if these drugs are good or not. Has any of you bought any online before, if yes pl give me some info.
I take a couple BP meds and mine are quite affordable. One can also talk to their doctor and get meds that are better affordable for them. There are generics for many of them. Personally, messing around and worried about when they would arrive in time, etc is something I won't do. I would think the Canadian drugs are of good quality though.

Old 11-09-2018, 05:56 PM

5,124 posts, read 12,772,608 times
Canada's drugs are basically the same thing we get in the USA. None of hubby's BP meds are super expensive....so I wouldn't go that route....but if you need to...do it.

Old 11-09-2018, 06:07 PM

1,404 posts, read 677,152 times
I would think it would be fine, but I have no personal experience with it, other than many years ago, I contacted some Canadian pharmacy online, and I've been getting very persistent spam emails ever since. I block them, but they keep coming.

Have you looked at GoodRx? You can save a lot of money there. Here's a link, put the medications in the search box: https://www.goodrx.com/how-goodrx-works

Also, is she taking generic meds? Much cheaper.

Last edited by oldgardener; 11-09-2018 at 06:21 PM..

Old 11-09-2018, 08:45 PM

290 posts, read 121,576 times
A real pharmacy in Canada is fine. However, online, you never know. A lot of them are actually not in Canada but in India and China.

Old 11-09-2018, 10:22 PM

7,739 posts, read 5,455,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb at sea View Post
Canada's drugs are basically the same thing we get in the USA. None of hubby's BP meds are super expensive....so I wouldn't go that route....but if you need to...do it.
Maybe!

I am on a very expensive cholesterol med (Price, finally dropped to zero dollar copay by my insurance)

I ordered it from Canada (when I spoke to rep, I was given 3 options Actavis generic made in Canada. and two generics, one made and shipped from Turkey the other, China

I'm a pharmacist. I am very familiar with Actavis. There is no way in Hell that I would ever take something made in either China or Turkey.

When I got my first order, I still sent tablets to a toxicologist friend to analyze. The drug, and diluents, were pure. Next order, just for kicks I ordered a bottle from Turkey. Took 8 weeks to receive and it was loaded with toxic impurities.

Old Today, 08:10 AM

12,483 posts, read 14,631,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by genesiss23 View Post
A real pharmacy in Canada is fine. However, online, you never know. A lot of them are actually not in Canada but in India and China.
Absolutely......drugs are more expensive in Canada than the USA.
Probably just packaged in Canada....thus "from Canada"......made in China though.

Old Today, 08:54 AM

16,386 posts, read 7,194,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnlulu View Post
Where does your mom buy her prescriptions? I buy mine from Costco online. Like WalMart, Target, and other companies, they have a sizable list of drugs that they sell for considerably less than regular retail. (Fair is fair here - I don't like WalMart, but this is one really good thing they've done).

You don't have to be a Costco member. https://www.costco.com/Pharmacy/home...0701&langId=-1

Call them up and discuss your mom's situation and current prescriptions. No point in buying from Canada if you haven't explored all the options for cheaper prices in the US.

Also, many name-brand pharmaceuticals are made in China. What counts is quality control, not location. Drugs sold under a name brand are far more likely to have been manufactured with strict quality control, no matter where they're made.

Old Today, 09:51 PM

38,739 posts, read 45,247,137 times
How valuable do you care about your health?
Helpful health information about r/x drugs here...
Can You Save Money Buying Drugs From Canadian Pharmacies?
https://www.verywellhealth.com/how-a...macies-2615458
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness