U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2010, 06:50 AM

23 posts, read 27,539 times

Advertisements

I am having this issue right now,just this morning i went to the bathroom,felt down there,and ran my finger across a small,hard pea,sized knot in the entry way on my anus.There were 2 actually,i managed to smash the other one.It felt like a fluid,filled cyst.It busted,the other one,i could not mash it.I took a mirror and a light,and checked it out.Yep,it is a blood filled pea sized knot.I was going to bust it,but the knot inside is too hard,and it hurt's,and is sensitive.

I am not scared though,i think of everthing with a doctor's mentality,i read soo much i really should have been a doctor,lol.I guess i could save myself alot of $$.

I will go and have it lanced out next week.

Last edited by Elizabethan1558; 09-27-2010 at 06:52 AM.. Reason: ------
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2010, 05:20 PM

1 posts, read 4,677 times
Getting rid of hemorrhoids may be something that is done in an emergency if necessary. Taking care of the hemorrhoids before they become an emergency may give you a better chance of avoiding invasive treatments to get rid of hemorrhoids.

Old 10-25-2010, 05:19 PM

2,191 posts, read 4,157,040 times
I've been living with hemmorhoids for about five years now and I'm 30 years old. There are many things that can make them much, much worse that often aren't common knowledge. Cardio isn't bad for them but weight lifting is. The act of straining is what causes them to come out of your butt. Being dehydrated is absolutely terrible for them as well. You need to drink more water than a "normal" person. Also avoid things that dehydrate you like coffee and alcohol. Eat fiber but try to get it from a real source like fruit rather than just using a powder.

Something I learned on my own by doing tons of research. Approximately half of the people in the developed world will get hemmorhoids. Why is that? Its because they sit on the toilet rather than squat. If you do research on it, and I encourage you to not just take my word for it, you will find its pretty startling evidence. Most third world countries and a large portion of the world still squat when going poop. Its weird at first, but once you get the hang of it, you will see a major difference. I used to get external hemmorhoids two to three times per year. The last couple of years since I started squatting, I haven't even come close to having any. I still have them internally but the condition isn't nearly as bad. It also pissed me off that none of the medical professionals I had visited even suggested it to me when they clearly saw I was suffering!

Old 10-25-2010, 05:36 PM

662 posts, read 1,064,567 times
Surgery is rarely needed now, just go to the doc and get it fixed! They use rubber bands on them now, cutting off the blood flow, done, gone, over, finished in a week to ten days. You'll wish you did it years ago!
Hemorrhoids are like promotions, sooner or later every A$$hole gets one!

Old 11-25-2010, 12:08 AM

15,843 posts, read 29,933,358 times
I don't have much advice to offer, I'm sorry. But if it is any consolation, I worked with a girl who had emergency surgery on one that was the size of a golf ball. Can you imagine?

best of luck.

20yrsinBranson

Old 11-25-2010, 12:55 AM

30,243 posts, read 32,857,159 times
I was diagnosed with this in my mid 20's after having the same symptoms and seeing a Dr. Strangely, all my symptoms went away and I was never bothered again, even during my pregnancies, and that was 25 years ago. I don't know if they can go away on their own or if I was misdiagnosed all those years ago.

Old 02-02-2011, 02:38 PM

14,293 posts, read 30,530,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
I know this is an old thread but I didn't want to start a new one just for me.

Anywho.. I developed an internal hemorrhoid 5 days ago that slightly protruded. I made the mistake of overeating one day which sometimes triggers bile acid diarrhea with me (slight IBS here), the next morning I woke up and noticed a slight itchy feeling, upon closer inspection with a mirror I noticed a pea sized lump. I left it alone for two days and done the usual sitz bath routine as recommended but it didn't get better. After reading about internal hems that get protruded I decided to push it in a little with some Preparation H and sure enough it disappeared into my anus. The inflammation went away after that but I still can't help but wonder when it will come back out again. I'm trying to decide if I should go to a gastroenterologist or a proctologist. People always say constipation causes hemorrhoids but diarrhea will cause them just as well.
I stumbled across this old thread and wanted to correct my old post above. I went to the colorectal surgeon and my hemorrhoid was not an internal one, but rather an external one that developed a clot. Even though it was "external", it was just far enough inside to where it couldn't be easily seen. It took 6 weeks for that clot to dissolve and the whole time was miserable. I still get a sensation every now and then where the clot was, but it hasn't came back full force thank goodness.

I now take Metamucil every night, as well as these herbal supplements...

Slippery elm
Horse Chestnut extract
Butchers Broom
Stoneroot

Old 02-02-2011, 02:47 PM

14,293 posts, read 30,530,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishouldknow View Post
Surgery is rarely needed now, just go to the doc and get it fixed! They use rubber bands on them now, cutting off the blood flow, done, gone, over, finished in a week to ten days. You'll wish you did it years ago!
Banding is for internals only, it doesn't work for externals.

Old 02-02-2011, 02:53 PM

6,368 posts, read 13,681,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishouldknow View Post
^^Quote of the day

Old 02-02-2011, 02:58 PM

201 posts, read 551,245 times
I'm 27 and had my first one and noticed when I was washing in the shower one night. It wasn't big, nor was it really deep in there and there was no pain at all. However, it felt like a growth and since I had never noticed it before I feared the worst. I looked in the mirror and it was purple and red. It changed colors (increasing my cacer thoughts) and I was pretty concerned. My mom (who is a Dr.) diagnosed it as a hemorrhoid. It went away a few days later completely on its own and it has never returned.

I know they can be uncomfrotable, bloody and some do need surgery. I would get it looked at. I am sure at 23 you DO NOT have anything to worry about. They are VERY common and most of the population does get them at some point or another.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness