U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2015, 11:01 AM

6,584 posts, read 18,094,056 times

Advertisements

Some yrs back my oldest son had a external problem and his MD wanted him to go to the Hospital while I mentioned he should visit my MD who just Lanced it in the office and the problem went away. Just a matter of allowing the blood to drain and self heal is what it took. (my MD referred the other MD as a HORSES ASS)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2015, 12:01 PM

6,319 posts, read 5,437,440 times
I've just had to pop back on this forum to tell you about my friend.

She had an annoying hemerroid for ages, finally took herself to the doctor who immediately sent her to hospital.

She's now on Chemo and radiation because you see, that annoying hemeroid was HIDING 6 inch cancer lesion.

Old 10-26-2015, 11:56 AM

6,584 posts, read 18,094,056 times
One thing that many people do not know is that a MD might have a Sterile Surgery Kit in his office. To open that kit for a scalpel he will charge a minimum fee......that happened to me personally and also for my wife.

A MD can do a minor procedure in his office w/o any Hospital needs/visits.

Old 10-26-2015, 01:16 PM

12,414 posts, read 9,342,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post
Hello forum,

Well, I can't even believe I'm coming onto this forum to ask for advice specific to this matter, but I'm at the point of fear for my long-term health now and don't want to allow embarrassment to prolong my anxieties.

DISCLAIMER: The following paragraph might be considered a bit "vivid" for some readers. Please skip ahead to the next paragraph if you're squeamish.

Anyhow, I noticed several months ago a lot of discomfort and more "gurgling" than usual occurring in my lower bowels as my food neared the end of its digestive journey. I then started to get sharp pains while having bowel movements and would pass quite a bit of blood at times to accompany my solid waste. Sometimes I'd have no blood at all, but on rare occasion I'd wipe and notice on the toilet paper that it was nearly completely soaked red from all of the blood I was passing. Not long ago while in the shower I finally decided to do a bit of "digging", so to speak, by lubricating a finger really well with soap and shampoo and inserting it into my anus. Not deep inside at all I felt a small bump---almost like a large pimple. I was so tempted to just squeeze the darn thing, but I knew if it was something serious I'd be ill-advised to do something so bold.
My first H was at the age of 26. I called my dad and he told me to "just push it back in", which I did. It worked. Typically every three months or so I have to do this again. It takes a minute or two each time in my case, but YMMV.

Quote:
I've done some medical research online, and by golly it looks like at the ripe old age of 23 I've gained myself an honest to goodness hemorrhoid. While it is very uncommon for someone my age to be developing these when I rattle off some of the possible causes of having them I'm hitting a bull's eye for nearly every one---I sit in front of a laptop in my office for 8 hours per day and often spend a few more hours per day online. I'm a distance runner. I don't have a high-fiber diet. Living in Northern Virginia I'm stuck in daily gridlock and sit in my car for long periods of time. I also have a diet relatively high in carbohydrates. All of these may have very well combined to put me into the position I'm in today.

I'm beyond concerned to see that there is no cure for hemorrhoids.
They are very common, don't freak out. If you are unsuccessful at pushing yours back in, the doctor can probably do it for you. In my case, I have to be careful with prolonged squatting, but other than that the H have no effect at all on what I can and can't do on a day to day basis.

Quote:
I'm also speechless that if I go to a doctor I'm going to be asked to strip and bend over as he "digs around" inside of me with the dreaded white latex glove. I may be homosexual, but I've never engaged in anal intercourse and am very uncomfortable having anyone in such close quarters to my bowels! Needless to say this is why I've refused to seek treatment thus far, even though I do have medical insurance that should likely cover it.

What have I done so far? I've taken corrective dietary measures to increase my fiber intake and cut back a bit on my carbs. I'm trying to put less pressure on my hind quarters when seated. I'm massaging my sphincter and the affected area in general on occasion with a moisturizing lotion in the shower. I'm trying to rush to the bathroom as soon as I feel the urge to have a bowel movement so I don't put any undue pressure down there.
Have you reached in with a finger or two and tried pushing them back in? You might have to press hard on the lump for up to 60 seconds.

Quote:

Is anyone else out there on the forum currently living with hemorrhoids or knows of someone who is? What have you all been doing? I suppose my biggest concern is merely long-term health ramifications (if any). I can live no problem with having occasional pain while having bowel movements and passing blood as long as this doesn't lead to any other health problems. I already did a forum search on the subject and received some helpful information, and I must admit I was curious to read one person's account of how he, too, had this problem at a young age and would just grin and bear the pain as he'd burst any hemorrhoids that he'd get. Now he says he's been free of them for 40 years. I'm tempted to just do so myself, but the last thing I'd want to do would be to risk an infection.

Please help!
If you can't get rid of them at home you should definitely see a doctor. It is possible to have major medical complications, especially if they are protruding outside the anus or bleeding profusely.

Old 10-26-2015, 06:19 PM

13,763 posts, read 29,788,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bagu View Post
Some yrs back my oldest son had a external problem and his MD wanted him to go to the Hospital while I mentioned he should visit my MD who just Lanced it in the office and the problem went away. Just a matter of allowing the blood to drain and self heal is what it took. (my MD referred the other MD as a HORSES ASS)
Sounds like he had a thrombosed external hemorrhoid (blood clot). I had one once, and the doc told me "it'll go away on its on". Well it did, about six weeks later. That was pure misery!

I take butchers broom daily now and haven't had any problems since, and that was about 5 years ago.

Old 10-31-2015, 04:08 AM

14,271 posts, read 15,373,440 times
Thanks for the tip on Butcher's Broom. I am very sensitive to herbs and supplements, but it's not expensive, so it's worth a shot. Everything I read says "eat more fiber." I eat whole wheat cereal, oatmeal, prunes, beans, lentils, pea soup, broccoli, sweet potatoes and carrots. The only way I can get more fiber into me is if I start eating my carpet.

Old 03-29-2016, 06:00 AM

1 posts, read 1,032 times
Have suffered for years.
I have finally got on top of it.
Three things seem to have done the trick for me.
1. I seemed to have stopped responding to high fibre and staining caused real problems.I looked at my diet and decided I ate too much yogurt. After cutting it out the periodic constipation and need to strain was much reduced and my system was much more responsive to increased fibre reducing the need to stain.
2. When I had a problem I found that suppositories in combination with cream were the most effective.
3. When using the lavatory I now put my feet on the small stand that my grandsons use to pee. This brings the knees well above the hips and really reduces the need to stain.
At last I really feel I am top of my problem and I am no longer considering surgery.

Old 05-24-2016, 12:34 PM

19,692 posts, read 6,527,425 times
Extra and higher doses forms of magnesium and higher doses of Vit C got rid of hemms for me.

Old 05-24-2016, 02:40 PM

Could be too since I use a lot more oils including Coconut Oil, hemms are history.

Never thought about this but very very possible about the Oils.

http://homeremediesforlife.com/hemorrhoids/

http://www.earthclinic.com/cures/hemorrhoids.html

Old 06-08-2016, 11:42 AM

I HAD hems for many years mostly I believe from a long history of constipation. I take a lot of supplements for the last 25 yrs and added Iodine probably 10 yrs ago and I believe this addition added to getting rid of hems. All our body tissues need iodine and it's pretty deficient in the U.S. and the people. There are many sites on Iodine and Hemorrhoids and you can check that out.

Many are paranoid about iodine since they have not studied the issue.

Iodine Phobia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness