Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2009, 11:42 AM

2,901 posts, read 12,726,610 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Thanks! I'm just amazed that my skin softened so quickly! Almost instantly!

I can see what you mean about it being cooling. Cooling is good for the rosacea on my face. Warm makes it flush red.

But I have been feeling chilled---colder than anyone else on Christmas Eve. Not sure if that was the coconut oil or not.

Maybe I'll use something else on my body in the winter, but use coconut oil on my face year round.

My face and body are super soft now, but it's not working on my hands. It's keeping my hands at bay, not really softening them very much.

Anyone have any intense treatments for hands?
If you can work well with the pure coconut oil, that's great.
I imagine that with rosacea you do not want to be using products that are stimulating and warming but rather calming and cooling.
Your plan to use the coconut oil on your face year round sounds like a good idea.
The sesame oil treatment that i recommended on a previous reply sounds yucky and messy perhaps but it's very healing and balancing and you really don't smell like sesame oil after the shower ... unless you get toasted sesame oil and then you will smell like dinner.
And you can always apply a little essential oil or scented light lotion after the shower if you want a bit of perfumed scent.
I didn't recommend this before because i tend to assume it's way to expensive for people (i go without other things just to afford it) but i've been using Dr. Hauschka for many, many years and i can't live without certain Dr. H products.
Their products are truly beautiful.

Dr.Hauschka Skin Care: Natural Skin Care with Organic Ingredients; Holistic Home Remedies

They have an excellent hand cream and it's very pricey.
Dr. Hauschka Hand Cream

p.s. ... when i wash my hands, i don't wash the backs of them. I keep my hands very clean but there's not reason to wash the back of your hands ... is there? It just dries them out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2009, 11:51 AM

2,543 posts, read 4,886,160 times
I too have dry skin (because the environment where I live at now), but I don't like oils. They are just too greasy and rub off on my clothes.

The only time I like a little bit of oil is during the summer, when I'm outside (like tanning oil, with a high SPF) I like that. But that's the only time I'll put on oil.

Old 01-10-2010, 02:49 PM

1,963 posts, read 4,983,037 times
I know what you mean. Mine was beyond moisturizer too. I`ve been using the Neutrogena oil that has a fragrance and so far so good.It has a nice scent too.

Old 01-10-2010, 02:52 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,049,575 times
Glad to see this thread resurface. I just want to update.

The pure natural coconut oil is magica!

It completely cured my rosacea and eczema! I had rosacea outbreaks that wouldn't heal for months. They went away in mere days using Coconut Oil.

My skin is super clear. I look a decade younger too. The fine lines disappeared also.

All that's left is the little broken capilaries but laser surgery will be the only way to remove those.

Coconut Oil is FANTASTIC stuff!

I've been using it on my face and body! You'd never guess it was winter by looking at my skin. It's like I have new skin!

Old 01-10-2010, 09:58 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,383,485 times
Quote:

It completely cured my rosacea and eczema! I had rosacea outbreaks that wouldn't heal for months. They went away in mere days using Coconut Oil.

My skin is super clear. I look a decade younger too. The fine lines disappeared also.

All that's left is the little broken capilaries but laser surgery will be the only way to remove those.

I've been using it on my face and body! You'd never guess it was winter by looking at my skin. It's like I have new skin!

Old 01-11-2010, 06:41 AM

548 posts, read 1,479,648 times
Quote:

I've been cooking w/ coconut oil for a while and started considering using it instead of body lotion since first reading this thread. Your update has completely sold me on the idea! Thanks for letting us know. I really need to try it on my little one who is having skin issues as well.

Old 01-11-2010, 09:14 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,262,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coyoteskye View Post
p.s. ... when i wash my hands, i don't wash the backs of them. I keep my hands very clean but there's not reason to wash the back of your hands ... is there? It just dries them out.

You can still clean them with a drop of tea tree oil in your favorite oil and slather around like you would a hand santizer product. The only need time would be in food prep, make-up application or care of another.

If you are a face toucher you should wash. I am a nut though and living in a city I always wash up past my wrists if I have been in public. A drop of olive oil with your soap makes it a creamy handsoap that does not dry.

Old 01-11-2010, 09:51 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,049,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle77 View Post
I've been cooking w/ coconut oil for a while and started considering using it instead of body lotion since first reading this thread. Your update has completely sold me on the idea! Thanks for letting us know. I really need to try it on my little one who is having skin issues as well.
It will seem greesy when you first put it on. You will feel like you need to keep rubbing it in. However, you don't need to because your skin will absorb it within a few minutes.

Old 05-26-2010, 10:24 PM

1 posts, read 1,307 times
My soon to be wife developed allergies as she got a little older. We found too many chemicals in her skin care products we did not like. So we did some research and developed our own skin oil that helps repair, nourish and moisturize dry damaged skin. It is a blend of all natural and essential oils. We have had so much success locally with friends and family, we began to sell it online. It is called E ESSENTIAL 24 BEST SKIN OIL.
[url=http://bestskinoil.com/]Epos & Epona | Essential 24 Best Skin Oil[/url]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness