U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2010, 08:55 PM

152 posts, read 263,531 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
As long as you pay for it out of your own pocket and do not expect tax payers to foot any part of the bill do whatever floats your boat. You have to live with both the choice and the consequences. Choose wisely.
LOL.!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2010, 09:39 PM

3,566 posts, read 4,489,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm The Supporter View Post
I want to get a sex change. Knowing the information I have given in previous posts, you may be wondering 'WTF!!!' but I assure you, this is something I have been thinking about and wanting for a long time. Let's hear your opinion. And this is not a religious debate. I know who my God is. But I'm up for a debate if y'all insist.

Otay

I am not seeing the part where your special enough to qualify as arguing over where there is a wrong or right of it, though. If your happy then I'm happy. And if when your done and your not happy then ...........maybe you can score an Oprah show? I dunno. Then you win the happiness is a chocolate chip cookie rant. I memorized it and give it to all my friends no matter what they do. And even whatever they don't do.

Old 01-03-2010, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamonium View Post
I am not seeing the part where your special enough to qualify as arguing over where there is a wrong or right of it, though.
Ouch, that hurts. Chuckle.

Old 01-03-2010, 09:54 PM

3,566 posts, read 4,489,505 times
It's only ouch if you bypass my, if your happy then I'm happy.

Old 01-03-2010, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Otay

I am not seeing the part where your special enough to qualify as arguing over where there is a wrong or right of it, though. If your happy then I'm happy. And if when your done and your not happy then ...........maybe you can score an Oprah show? I dunno. Then you win the happiness is a chocolate chip cookie rant. I memorized it and give it to all my friends no matter what they do. And even whatever they don't do.
Quote:
It's only ouch if you bypass my, if your happy then I'm happy.
I didn't. And I don't watch Oprah, nor do I have the urge to be on her show. Although I do hear that she gives really nice gifts to everyone who is there. That's a toughy.

Old 01-03-2010, 10:11 PM

Huh, I was expecting the Bible Thumpers to be coming out of the wood work by now.

Old 01-03-2010, 10:17 PM

744 posts, read 1,048,506 times
I want to also wish you luck in the process. The one main thing to remember is be true to who you are and let the others who disagree with your decision be damned. I am sure it will not be an easy road, but from friends of mine who have come out have said their life has not been an easy one either.

Old 01-03-2010, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureBrennanDad View Post
I want to also wish you luck in the process. The one main thing to remember is be true to who you are and let the others who disagree with your decision be damned. I am sure it will not be an easy road, but from friends of mine who have come out have said their life has not been an easy one either.
I can relate. And I will be true to myself. This is a good way for me to be true to myself.

Old 01-04-2010, 12:25 AM

9,594 posts, read 9,423,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm The Supporter View Post
Huh, I was expecting the Bible Thumpers to be coming out of the wood work by now.
Are you trolling for Bible Thumpers then? I'm not one. I don't know you or your prior posts just saw this one on the main list and read through the thread. Sounds like you are in a hurry. Don't be. This is not something you can rush. I would also re-think the foreign country angle. There are some things U.S. healthcare does well... only I can't think of any... hmmm. Foreign countries get a bad rap when it comes to all kinds of things, especially second tier Eastern European and Asian countries. Hmmm. Do you know what the rate of hospital acquired infections are in India?? 0%.

That's all by the by. I stopped by to impart this: Maybe God goofed when you were cooking in the oven and maybe He didn't. Bottom line, you are what you is, and it would appear that what that is is a man. Maybe in 100 more years we will have the ability to change men into women and vice versa but as things stand at the cusp of the second decade of the 21st Century we don't. I forget what percentage of MTF sexual reassignments result in a person who cannot achieve, er, release in their new identity but it isn't tiny. You won't really be a woman after surgery so what is the point of spending all that money??!!

I'm not wishing you luck. You are a fool if you think you have a prayer of pulling this off. The fact that you have not taken the first estrogen pill or spent any time cross dressing or whatever it is men do to practice being women tells me you are not even close to being ready.

H

Old 01-04-2010, 02:28 AM

6,715 posts, read 12,036,959 times
I agree with Omaha Rocks. I'm all for a person doing what they feel is going to make them the most comfortable and happy about their lives. If that means changing genders than so be it.

However, as Omaha Rocks stated, this is going to be an enormous change and one that probably shouldn't take place until the adult brain is fully mature (around the age of 25-27 years old in most men). A lot goes on in those years and for such an irreversible procedure, it wouldn't hurt to wait a few more years to make sure that's what you want.

My suggestion: Save up the cash for procedure and plan on paying it in full when you have it completed. If at the end of the time you have saved the full $100k and still want to go through with it - then go through with it. If you decide not to, then you'll have the money in the bank.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness