U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-04-2010, 02:30 AM
 
Location: California
29,580 posts, read 31,907,081 times
Reputation: 24725

Advertisements

I'm as liberal and live-and-let-live as they come but if I knew you personally I would do whatever I could to talk you out of it. Not because I think there is a moral issue or because I think you are nuts, but I have a serious problem with cutting into a healthy body, risking so many complications you can't even imagine and guarenteeing it will be unhealthy for the rest of your life while needing artificial hormones and possibly other medications that could lead to even more physical problems and to top it off, listen carefully, you can not "surgery" yourself into being a woman, you will never BE a woman, that is impossible. All you will be is a cut up man who only appears (sort of) to be a woman who has to take all kinds of meds......forever.

I would instead lead you to therapy where you could work out some of your issues and learn to be happy in the body you have while living the life you want. Or at least come as close as you can. Nobody's life is perfect.

Annnnnnnnnd...I'm about 95% certain you are just a bored teenager telling tales and trying to get reactions out of people.

Last edited by Ceece; 01-04-2010 at 02:43 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-04-2010, 03:13 AM
 
Location: In a house
5,230 posts, read 7,319,821 times
Reputation: 2558
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm The Supporter View Post
Huh, I was expecting the Bible Thumpers to be coming out of the wood work by now.
Kinda figured this was for the theatrics. No serious person would base a decision such as this on an anonymous message board.
I think its a waste of good medical professionals, but its their business how they interpret the Hippocratic oath and help and how disfigurement fits into that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-04-2010, 06:09 AM
 
Location: I think my user name clarifies that.
8,293 posts, read 22,457,074 times
Reputation: 3868
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm The Supporter View Post
Huh, I was expecting the Bible Thumpers to be coming out of the wood work by now.
I find this statement to be very disappointing - evidencing immaturity and childish trolling.


So what would it do for you if some "Bible thumpers" came out of the woodwork on this one? It's beginning to look like this supposed surgery is a secondary issue, and what's really going on is that you just have an axe to grind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-04-2010, 07:31 AM
 
Location: Maine
898 posts, read 1,194,234 times
Reputation: 554
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm The Supporter View Post
I want to get a sex change. Knowing the information I have given in previous posts, you may be wondering 'WTF!!!' but I assure you, this is something I have been thinking about and wanting for a long time. Let's hear your opinion. And this is not a religious debate. I know who my God is. But I'm up for a debate if y'all insist.
All I can ask you is why? Do you really feel that having or lacking certain body parts is going to change who you are as a person? It seems a frivolous use of money. I mean, it's your money and all, if you want to spend it, but think of it this way, not only is the surgery irreversible, but so is the bill for the surgery. $100,000 for a sex change (or whatever the going rate is) is a lot of money that could be put aside in a retirement account, allowing you to retire early, or pay off the house, or anything else you could do with that much money.

The outward body parts don't matter, they will not change your personality, or who you are as an individual. So why not save the money to use on more important matters than appearance only surgery.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-04-2010, 08:37 AM
 
2,996 posts, read 4,754,555 times
Reputation: 1791
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm The Supporter View Post
I want to get a sex change. Knowing the information I have given in previous posts, you may be wondering 'WTF!!!' but I assure you, this is something I have been thinking about and wanting for a long time. Let's hear your opinion. And this is not a religious debate. I know who my God is. But I'm up for a debate if y'all insist.
If you understand who the Creator is , then youll realize that he doesnt make mistakes in how he created you . If you have a penis, then you are meant to be a Man --- if you have a Vagina, then you are meant to be a Woman . Any physical desire for change or any emotional desire for change , is hence deviant and infers God messed up with you , and you know better. The solution is not what you feel like doing...but....to practice humility and honor God by seeking out professional counselling on the issue of sexuality , and resolve to be the person God wants you to be thru hard work and willful obedience. To do otherwise is a sin , and God will not nor cannot bless youre life when you are caught up in a deliberate rebellious lifestyle (regardless of popular opinion or cultural philosophies) .

This post was meant to encourage you down the correct path and not to harshly judge you. We all struggle with different things, but with Gods help and others support, we can overcome them and be in right standing with the Creator . Its a question of our Will and who we are going to put on the throne : The Creator and his ways, or, Ourselves and our desires . Regards.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-04-2010, 09:08 AM
 
Location: Leadwood, Missouri
152 posts, read 263,581 times
Reputation: 64
Those of you on page 4 Listen Up. This thread was about me telling y'all what I want to do and receive advice from someone who has been-there-done-that. I thank those of you who gave me best wishes and you blessing. Now. The reason why I stated that about the Bible Thumpers is because I know that when a topic like this comes up they swarm. So it was nothing to do with 'theatrics' but merely me being prepared to fend them off. That is why I stated in the beginning that if someone wants to debate my choice then we can debate until God comes back. And no one can tell me the entire message of "God doesn't make mistakes". I know He has a plan for everyone and I believe that sometimes His plan is for someone to undergo this operation; not just for them but for some other people too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-04-2010, 09:24 AM
 
Location: I think my user name clarifies that.
8,293 posts, read 22,457,074 times
Reputation: 3868
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm The Supporter View Post
Those of you on page 4 Listen Up. This thread was about me telling y'all what I want to do and receive advice from someone who has been-there-done-that. I thank those of you who gave me best wishes and you blessing. Now. The reason why I stated that about the Bible Thumpers is because I know that when a topic like this comes up they swarm. So it was nothing to do with 'theatrics' but merely me being prepared to fend them off. That is why I stated in the beginning that if someone wants to debate my choice then we can debate until God comes back. And no one can tell me the entire message of "God doesn't make mistakes". I know He has a plan for everyone and I believe that sometimes His plan is for someone to undergo this operation; not just for them but for some other people too.
Well... If you wanted to discuss this from a religious perspective, you should probably have posted the thread in the Religion Sub Forum.

You might also want to be careful with your use of the term "Bible Thumpers." If you want people to be respectful of you, you need to be respectful of them - even if their view of the Bible is different than yours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-04-2010, 09:35 AM
 
Location: Leadwood, Missouri
152 posts, read 263,581 times
Reputation: 64
And people *snap* *snap*. Hey, over here. Listen, that $100k that I have to save is not just for the surgery. The surgery itself will cost around $30k, the liposuction is almost $5k for each area that I want done (middle, thighs, and arms), record changes, and a new wardrobe. Now the therapy bills and the price for the hormone is still UNCALCULATED. Now boys and girls, I am now going to tell you why I want this to happen. I have always admired women and (I guess you could say) wanted to be one. Note how I said I ADMIRE them. And I have always felt like I should have been born female. And for those who want to discourage me from going through with this, tough rocks pals and gals. It will take time for this to happen, so I could end up changing my mind, who knows (other than God). And it is MY decision about doing this. And I just want to say this, Bible Thumping people are fun to stir up when something like this comes up. So I was not only anticipating a religious debate, but I was counting on one. But that doesn't take form the fact that I wanted people to know and that I want the blessing from y'all. That way I know I'm not wasting my time on this forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-04-2010, 09:41 AM
 
Location: The Hall of Justice
25,907 posts, read 34,973,454 times
Reputation: 42369
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007.5 View Post
If you understand who the Creator is , then youll realize that he doesnt make mistakes in how he created you.
I disagree. My nephew was born with a hole in his heart and needed five surgeries in the first two days of his life. If you think that how we're born is exactly how God intended us to be, then God intended my nephew to be dead.

To the OP, it does seem like you posted this question for the sake of stirring up an argument. I don't know why you'd ask a bunch of anonymous people their opinions about something that is so very personal to you. Are we supposed to try to talk you out of it or something? I'm not going to do that, but I will say that your reason (you admire women) is different from the four transgendered people I have talked to. I don't know enough of them to really say, but those I met all described how they felt "wrong" their whole lives, even as children. They had the wrong bodies. You don't describe the same kind of feelings, so I am not sure whether the surgery is for you. However, the intense counseling you must undergo will probably get to the bottom of that issue.

Either way, good luck to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-04-2010, 09:42 AM
 
Location: I think my user name clarifies that.
8,293 posts, read 22,457,074 times
Reputation: 3868
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Annnnnnnnnd...I'm about 95% certain you are just a bored teenager telling tales and trying to get reactions out of people.
It's beginning to look more like 100%.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top