U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 10:37 AM

2,551 posts, read 3,762,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm The Supporter View Post
Well as I have mentioned before (I believe I did) I am not the uptight Christian. I do have a relationship with God. And the thing is is that I have always admired women and I have always felt that I should have been born as one. I have decided to become that which I admire. There are a few mini reasons that go along with my decision and a few things I want to happen. But I have always observed women as more than what they are in a sexual view point. I admire them for their curves, graceful look, and movements. I'm not talking about the ones who are clumsy beyond belief or the ones that can pick up a dump truck (they scare me). I've always watched those girls who are skilled in martial arts, ballet, or acting. I am a guy who is a bisexual and I have felt like I want to change my gender because of the fact that I would feel better. I know I am rambling on but the point that I am trying to make is that I admire the females. I know how to move like a female and that is something I can't do as a male. God may have created me to be in his image (which is an exact replica of my father) but there are points that I wish to address. God has a plan for all of us. We don't know the course of this plan so we have to find out for ourselves. God gave us free will. We can make the choices on our own and He knows us better than anyone can. And finally God loves unconditionally. I know He loves me and that He will continue to love me even if I decided to have a few hole run through my body where there aren't any important places that would cause damage or death (of course that would hurt). I know no one wants to turn this into a debate and I thank every one of y'all for your blessing and best wishes.

I'm not an uptight Christian either. I love Tammy Faye Bakker-Messner. She was awesome. She obvioulsy wasn't uptight either.

I'm like this, whatever makes you happy, go for it. Just be careful on certain people you hang around with. Do you live in a good neighborhood that accepts LGBT people? If not, then you might want to make that move and then have the surgery...

God bless and good luck...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2010, 12:09 PM

392 posts, read 940,800 times
Don't expect men to be attracted to you. I once knew a guy who was 6'1 and built like an linebacker. He got a sex change and could not figure out why all the guys never came running. If you're doing it for personal and internal reasons then go for it. If you're doing it to attract the opposite sex, your wasting your time and setting yourself up for a huge emotional let down. If you go all the way with the change, at a casual glance some people might not be able to tell, but for those who get to know you, they will always know.

Old 01-05-2010, 01:00 PM

152 posts, read 263,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone_Sculpture_Artist View Post
Don't expect men to be attracted to you. I once knew a guy who was 6'1 and built like an linebacker. He got a sex change and could not figure out why all the guys never came running. If you're doing it for personal and internal reasons then go for it. If you're doing it to attract the opposite sex, your wasting your time and setting yourself up for a huge emotional let down. If you go all the way with the change, at a casual glance some people might not be able to tell, but for those who get to know you, they will always know.
I want to make myself happy, so I want this. I know that there is a way to not attract the same sex as I and that is why I am wanting more surgery than the sex change. And just a little bit of information for the above post, no I do not live in an LGBT friendly area. I live in the Bible Belt. Fortunately the few friends I have informed of my decision have agreed to keep to the secrecy I asked for.

Old 01-05-2010, 01:05 PM

2,996 posts, read 4,754,555 times
Quote:
You did say that God makes us the way we are for a purpose. It doesn't matter what is thought about Gods' will because only He can say what his will is. No person on Earth nor in history (Jesus doesn't count) can actually tell what Gods' plan for any of us is. If someone feels that God wants them to get the surgery, they should get the surgery. If a child is born with a health problem, surgery is the first thing to be attempted. This elective surgery does come with its own set of risks like with every surgery. God loves everyone unconditionally and He even stresses that Christians should too. Does He not?
God makes our gender for the purpose of living out that gender in an appropriate way and to enbrace it as a divine blessing from him. People who claim a personal relationship with God, dont immediately do things based on what 'they feel' Gods will is for them ; instead, they search the written instructions from God to see if what they are seeking lines up with objective scripture because God never goes against the infallable truth of The Bible which he inspired for all of mankind. We can know what Gods will is for our lives in a strong general sense , and with some specific purpose as well....just from The Bible. It is true that God loves us all unconditionally, however he balances that with being infinitely JUST as well ,desiring us to stay far away from sin, lifestyles that he considers deviant, and asks us to be obedient to his absolute moral laws which he designed for our protection . If we choose OUR way cause of a way we feel ...then we are declaring HE doesnt really have a significant enough part in our lives for us to obey him. Thats the essence of pride and rebellion against God. If we say we love God, we have to obey him and trust him his ways are higher than ours. Regards.

Old 01-05-2010, 01:21 PM

Quote:
I want to make myself happy, so I want this. I know that there is a way to not attract the same sex as I and that is why I am wanting more surgery than the sex change. And just a little bit of information for the above post, no I do not live in an LGBT friendly area. I live in the Bible Belt. Fortunately the few friends I have informed of my decision have agreed to keep to the secrecy I asked for.
"I want to make myself happy, so I want this." Instead, strive to make God happy in accordance to the written instructions hes given us all since he knows you far better than you know yourself. At the end of your brief earthly life, being able to say 'I did it Gods way, and not my own way' will reap huge dividends for you. Regards. End.

Old 01-05-2010, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinaJo76 View Post
I'm not an uptight Christian either.....

I'm like this, whatever makes you happy, go for it.....
That motto isnt of Christ ; its the popular lifestyle philosophy of today and based on ego-centricism . Its what Christ taught about when he stated : "Theres a way which seems right to a man, but it ends in (spirtual seperation from God) death" . An 'uptight Christian' isnt one who uses The Bible as their compass then obeys it ---- thats called a true Christ Follower.

Old 01-05-2010, 01:36 PM

29,988 posts, read 35,848,534 times
Quote:
Huh, I was expecting the Bible Thumpers to be coming out of the wood work by now.
Why? God gave you free choice. If you choose unwisely you will be the one who suffers.

If this is something God intended for you, as part of his plan for your life, would it really be necessary for you to ask for the opinions and seek the reassurance of others?

Old 01-05-2010, 02:07 PM

2,903 posts, read 11,166,497 times
Quote:
Before you make such a radical decision, it may be a good idea to get out of the bible belt and away from your family and live in an area that is LGBT friendly and spend a lot of time with people who are much more experienced than you and who can understand you in a way that most people (who aren't LorGorBorT) cannot.
Your perspective may change when you open up your horizons.
Perhaps you will find, in a much more open and free place such as San Francisco, that you can really be yourself as you are.
You might find that if you free up and allow yourself to be fully who you are, that it's a good thing .... that you can enjoy being in a male body and that you can move in that body and love and express yourself in anyway that you choose ... without going through such a radical outer / physical change.
By the way, if i may ask, how old are you?

Old 01-05-2010, 02:21 PM

31,577 posts, read 12,709,429 times
I live in a small town in NC and my acquaintance did it with everyone knowing, her/his family and children. He/she had months of hormonal therapy and such, she came out late last year, fully who he/she wanted to be, in front of everyone. It is definitely a journey.

That being said, you seem to talk a lot about the outside of a woman and not so much about your true feelings inside. I'm glad it will be years before you can start this journey. Good Luck.

Old 01-05-2010, 02:25 PM

152 posts, read 263,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Why? God gave you free choice. If you choose unwisely you will be the one who suffers.

If this is something God intended for you, as part of his plan for your life, would it really be necessary for you to ask for the opinions and seek the reassurance of others?
Believe it or not, I want the opinion of others because I want to hear more opinions than my own. I always ask for opinions that way I can get a spectrum of who stands where on what. And while it is apparent that 007.5 is someone who doesn't care for people making changes, I have been gaining support from others. And while I respect 007.5s' point of view, I do not share most of it. I too believe that whatever makes you happy is what you should do. As a member of the LGBT people (I haven't been able to find the LGBT community that is in the area. Considering that I am in the Bible Belt, it will be difficult. But anyway, back on subject, God does things for a purpose correct? Well even though He may not screw up, He leads people through things and gives them lessons and things that He wants them to see and do. SR surgeries CAN be part of that plan. If you don't believe that, then why lay claims to loving others? The only sin I could truly be guilty of is denial.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness