U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 02:34 PM

152 posts, read 263,531 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyoteskye View Post
Before you make such a radical decision, it may be a good idea to get out of the bible belt and away from your family and live in an area that is LGBT friendly and spend a lot of time with people who are much more experienced than you and who can understand you in a way that most people (who aren't LorGorBorT) cannot.
Your perspective may change when you open up your horizons.
Perhaps you will find, in a much more open and free place such as San Francisco, that you can really be yourself as you are.
You might find that if you free up and allow yourself to be fully who you are, that it's a good thing .... that you can enjoy being in a male body and that you can move in that body and love and express yourself in anyway that you choose ... without going through such a radical outer / physical change.
By the way, if i may ask, how old are you?
I am 20 going on 21. I know how young I am and I am very serious about my decision. I also have a problem with being headstrong so No One can change my mind.

Last edited by I'm The Supporter; 01-05-2010 at 03:57 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2010, 04:07 PM

2,903 posts, read 11,163,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm The Supporter View Post
I am 20 going on 21. I know how young I am and I am very serious about my decision. I also have a problem with being headstrong so No One can change my mind.
That's so young.
I'm just curious ... if you were totally / %100 comfortable with expressing yourself in any way that you choose, ie; dressing how you want, moving how you want, loving who you want, being sexually involved with who you want, would you be less inclined to change your body?

Old 01-05-2010, 04:12 PM

Quote:
That's so young.
I'm just curious ... if you were totally / %100 comfortable with expressing yourself in any way that you choose, ie; dressing how you want, moving how you want, loving who you want, being sexually involved with who you want, would you be less inclined to change your body?
No. I would still want this. It's not that I don't like being a man or having sex (only twice and it was great both times though) but I still would want to change my gender. I want to be a woman for so many reasons that I can't say on here without identifying myself on here so that unto itself is a dead end mission to figure out.

Old 01-05-2010, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tasmtairy View Post
That being said, you seem to talk a lot about the outside of a woman and not so much about your true feelings inside.
While I thank you for your wishes, I can honestly tell you that a personality is something that varies from person to person. Now I have quite a few female friends who are really great people. But I can honestly say that there are a great number of girls I wouldn't want to be. If you still care about knowing who I really am (personality wise) just ask. I hate the whole beating-around the-bush thing. That is the problem with forums.

Old 01-05-2010, 04:52 PM

Quote:
No. I would still want this. It's not that I don't like being a man or having sex (only twice and it was great both times though) but I still would want to change my gender. I want to be a woman for so many reasons that I can't say on here without identifying myself on here so that unto itself is a dead end mission to figure out.
O.K. ... well, it's a radical thing to do but i know that there are many who have changed genders and are very glad that they did.
I just learned that Cher's daughter Chasity is going through a sex change.
I guess that's old news to most but i'm not too plugged into pop / media culture.
I hope that you find the very best medical care and that your transformation, both inside and outside, is a good experience.
By the way, if you want anonymity, it might be wise to not show the town your from on your posts.
You can get clear that if you want.

Old 01-05-2010, 04:59 PM

2,185 posts, read 3,888,771 times
I say go for it. But are you sure you want to be a female?

Women after they turn 40 and have a lot of work done to stay young, end up looking like male transvestites. Just be careful, because you don't want to end up full circle from where you started.

good luck!

Old 01-05-2010, 05:12 PM

Quote:
O.K. ... well, it's a radical thing to do but i know that there are many who have changed genders and are very glad that they did.
I just learned that Cher's daughter Chasity is going through a sex change.
I guess that's old news to most but i'm not too plugged into pop / media culture.
I hope that you find the very best medical care and that your transformation, both inside and outside, is a good experience.
By the way, if you want anonymity, it might be wise to not show the town your from on your posts.
You can get clear that if you want.
Nor have my Junior prom picture of myself in a tux on my profile.

Old 01-05-2010, 05:14 PM

14,294 posts, read 20,539,012 times
Okay, I have to laugh (sorry) at the posters who are saying to go live in a gay/lesbian community. With all due respect there is a difference between someone feeling like a woman inside and being gay.

I think at the age of 20, while young, the OP would not change their mind in 10 years. People feel like this inside all their lives.

I wish you luck!

Old 01-05-2010, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
Okay, I have to laugh (sorry) at the posters who are saying to go live in a gay/lesbian community. With all due respect there is a difference between someone feeling like a woman inside and being gay.

I think at the age of 20, while young, the OP would not change their mind in 10 years. People feel like this inside all their lives.

I wish you luck!
LGBT is not just lesbian / gay ... lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender.

Old 01-05-2010, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Nor have my Junior prom picture of myself in a tux on my profile.
I thought that you were concerned with anonymity.
You mentioned not wanting to go into too much detail for fear of being discovered.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness