Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2010, 03:42 PM

152 posts, read 302,767 times

Advertisements

I want to get a sex change. Knowing the information I have given in previous posts, you may be wondering 'WTF!!!' but I assure you, this is something I have been thinking about and wanting for a long time. Let's hear your opinion. And this is not a religious debate. I know who my God is. But I'm up for a debate if y'all insist.

Last edited by scirocco22; 01-05-2010 at 02:29 PM.. Reason: Moved from Great Debates
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2010, 04:22 PM

2,543 posts, read 4,863,639 times
Well, are you sure you want to be a female? Because you know it's not reversible, if you have the surgery. Are you already on estrogen hormone therapy now? You have to be on that for a long time before they can do the surgery on you.

I wish you the best of luck and I hope you'll be happy...God bless....

Old 01-03-2010, 04:22 PM

1,249 posts, read 2,453,960 times
I haven't read any of your previous posts.

If a sex change is what you want and you've thought it out, I say go for it! I have no interest in debating with you...LOL

I wish you all the best.

Old 01-03-2010, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinaJo76 View Post
Well, are you sure you want to be a female? Because you know it's not reversible, if you have the surgery. Are you already on estrogen hormone therapy now? You have to be on that for a long time before they can do the surgery on you.

I wish you the best of luck and I hope you'll be happy...God bless....
I thank you for your luck. And I haven't gotten on the estrogen yet. I have done my research and I know I would have to be on the hormone and I would also have to have, like a year of councilling before I undergo the surgery. But I have come out to a sum as to what everything will cost. About $100,000. That's liposuction on a few areas, the surgery, and whatever is left will go towards a new wardrobe. I haven't figured up what the hormone and therapy will cost but I will have to have therapy before and after. And thank you again.

Old 01-03-2010, 08:41 PM

11,146 posts, read 10,915,724 times
I wish you the best. This is a very big decision. It is great that you have a major goal.

Not to pry or turn it into a debate, but I only have one question. Your personal info list shows your worldview as Christian. Is there something about yourself that you do not like that requires this drastic a measure? Remember, the Bible states that you were created in God's image.

Anyhow, I hope all goes well.

Old 01-03-2010, 08:53 PM

8,292 posts, read 26,578,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm The Supporter View Post
I want to get a sex change. Knowing the information I have given in previous posts, you may be wondering 'WTF!!!' but I assure you, this is something I have been thinking about and wanting for a long time. Let's hear your opinion. And this is not a religious debate. I know who my God is. But I'm up for a debate if y'all insist.
I'll be the contrary voice here...

I'm afraid you'll go through all that expense, pain and trouble, then find you aren't happy. Then what?

Old 01-03-2010, 08:54 PM

42,579 posts, read 86,624,998 times
Go for it. You've identified all your life, I guess, with the other sex, so you'll probably feel more comfortable in your new gender. It's not something you chose,so it's not a passing fancy---it's just the way you are. Good luck.

Old 01-03-2010, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
I wish you the best. This is a very big decision. It is great that you have a major goal.

Not to pry or turn it into a debate, but I only have one question. Your personal info list shows your worldview as Christian. Is there something about yourself that you do not like that requires this drastic a measure? Remember, the Bible states that you were created in God's image.

Anyhow, I hope all goes well.
Well as I have mentioned before (I believe I did) I am not the uptight Christian. I do have a relationship with God. And the thing is is that I have always admired women and I have always felt that I should have been born as one. I have decided to become that which I admire. There are a few mini reasons that go along with my decision and a few things I want to happen. But I have always observed women as more than what they are in a sexual view point. I admire them for their curves, graceful look, and movements. I'm not talking about the ones who are clumsy beyond belief or the ones that can pick up a dump truck (they scare me). I've always watched those girls who are skilled in martial arts, ballet, or acting. I am a guy who is a bisexual and I have felt like I want to change my gender because of the fact that I would feel better. I know I am rambling on but the point that I am trying to make is that I admire the females. I know how to move like a female and that is something I can't do as a male. God may have created me to be in his image (which is an exact replica of my father) but there are points that I wish to address. God has a plan for all of us. We don't know the course of this plan so we have to find out for ourselves. God gave us free will. We can make the choices on our own and He knows us better than anyone can. And finally God loves unconditionally. I know He loves me and that He will continue to love me even if I decided to have a few hole run through my body where there aren't any important places that would cause damage or death (of course that would hurt). I know no one wants to turn this into a debate and I thank every one of y'all for your blessing and best wishes.

Old 01-03-2010, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
I'll be the contrary voice here...

I'm afraid you'll go through all that expense, pain and trouble, then find you aren't happy. Then what?
I'll find a place where no one knows me and start a new life as a woman. You aren't being a contrary voice; just asking me questions that I should be able to answer to figure out if I really want to do this. It is irreversible so I can't just call up a surgeon and say 'Change me back.' Instead I will have to live with my decision and consequences that follow. My parents don't support me as a bisexual and won't support me after this. When I came out to them and said that I am Bi, they tried to pawn me off on my grandpa. But they have eased up and I'm still living with them. And I have to have the operations done after I am out of their house or else I will be out on the streets. And I will have to use my own money because I highly doubt that any one will give me a loan for a sex change surgery. And my parents definitely won't contribute.

Old 01-03-2010, 09:18 PM

9,912 posts, read 13,865,781 times
Can I ask do you know if the requirement to live as a woman for 2 years exists here as I know it does back home (Australia)?

I suspect that and the hormone therapy will be the hardest part to negotiate. A lot of emotional, physical and psychological changes and I guess you can't know how it will be until you're in it.

I know of two people who embarked on the gender re-assignment journey. One woman, I didn't know very well but she actually had the operation and I have a friend currently who is on the hormone treatment and is living the required two years as a woman. I know that it is not always easy for her, people can be very unkind and obviously it takes a lot of courage to follow this path.

I wish you well with it. No matter what, be true to yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness