Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 09:46 AM

9,912 posts, read 13,897,496 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post

I'm not wishing you luck. You are a fool if you think you have a prayer of pulling this off. The fact that you have not taken the first estrogen pill or spent any time cross dressing or whatever it is men do to practice being women tells me you are not even close to being ready.

H
Gender reassignment is a journey that is not taken lightly by medical professionals. The OP has already stated he's not willing to go overseas for the surgery AND there's no way he will be able to actually have the surgery in the next 5 years in this country if we take in to consideration he needs to find a new home, a therapist, the finances, fulfill the required therapy time and go through all the hormone therapy etc, etc. It will probably take longer given all that will have to take place prior to the surgery so he doesn't NEED to be ready yet. And that's ok. It's a process. I simply see this thread as an indication that this is a decision he has made about what he wants to do with his life and he's ready to get started going through the process.
He can change his mind at any time, no harm, no foul but even if he does go through with it, why would you not wish him well? This is a big thing for a person to realize.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2010, 10:49 AM

152 posts, read 303,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
Gender reassignment is a journey that is not taken lightly by medical professionals. The OP has already stated he's not willing to go overseas for the surgery AND there's no way he will be able to actually have the surgery in the next 5 years in this country if we take in to consideration he needs to find a new home, a therapist, the finances, fulfill the required therapy time and go through all the hormone therapy etc, etc. It will probably take longer given all that will have to take place prior to the surgery so he doesn't NEED to be ready yet. And that's ok. It's a process. I simply see this thread as an indication that this is a decision he has made about what he wants to do with his life and he's ready to get started going through the process.
He can change his mind at any time, no harm, no foul but even if he does go through with it, why would you not wish him well? This is a big thing for a person to realize.
Thank you.

Old 01-04-2010, 11:06 AM

9,912 posts, read 13,897,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm The Supporter View Post
Thank you.
Oh you are most welcome.

I figure you're going to have enough **** slung at you over the years for your choice. It's unfortunate that people fear what they don't understand and being fearful seems to bring out some rotten behaviour from some folks.

I've had a lot of time in my life to consider this issue and admittedly it was difficult to wrap my head around at first, when I first knew someone who wanted to be a different gender, but that's because I have never had the feelings about my gender that you have. When I really sat down and thought about what it must be like, to feel you were born in the wrong skin to such an extent that you couldn't live with it as it is and I watched my friend go through all the hoops to get to where they felt they were their true self, well I was grateful that it wasn't a journey I had to make. It takes a great deal of courage and sacrifice and hard work and emotional fortitude to recognize you're living the wrong life for you and then go through all the requirements to realize your true self. Someone who embarks on such a difficult and life changing journey deserves the understanding and support of those around them.

Old 01-04-2010, 11:23 AM

2,994 posts, read 5,769,430 times
Quote:
Those of you on page 4 Listen Up. This thread was about me telling y'all what I want to do and receive advice from someone who has been-there-done-that. I thank those of you who gave me best wishes and you blessing. Now. The reason why I stated that about the Bible Thumpers is because I know that when a topic like this comes up they swarm. So it was nothing to do with 'theatrics' but merely me being prepared to fend them off. That is why I stated in the beginning that if someone wants to debate my choice then we can debate until God comes back. And no one can tell me the entire message of "God doesn't make mistakes". I know He has a plan for everyone and I believe that sometimes His plan is for someone to undergo this operation; not just for them but for some other people too.
Rebellion is a common response to the truth God has for us to live by , when we want our own way. We have the freewill to make choices --- but going against Gods mandates for right-living removes his protective hand from us , and therefore there are consequences.

Old 01-04-2010, 11:30 AM

2,994 posts, read 5,769,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I disagree. My nephew was born with a hole in his heart and needed five surgeries in the first two days of his life. If you think that how we're born is exactly how God intended us to be, then God intended my nephew to be dead.
I regret hearing of your little nephews situation ; my previous post was referring to the gender he gives us while in the womb . God isnt the cause of your nephews heart condition -- he is the author of good things. The Author of pain, suffering, disabilities, natural disasters, etc...was the Fall of Mankind when Sin entered the World . It threw it into chaos and destruction . One day God will restore that which was lost and redeem the Earth just like he redeemed Man thru the cross of Christ -- until that day happens, we are promised to have him close to us if we choose so. But it calls for us to want to walk with him and be obedient to his protective moral laws . Regards.

Old 01-04-2010, 11:30 AM

296 posts, read 802,710 times
I would not recommend that anyone get surgery unless it is absolutely necessary. There are risks simply with the general anesthestic (I know that is not spelt correctly). There is the risk of staff infection simply by being in the hospital. And often there is no recourse if something does go wrong because the hospital will get you to sign a waiver, or whatever the legal term is, stating that you will not sue.

Seriously, think very hard about getting any form of elective surgery.

Old 01-04-2010, 01:37 PM

296 posts, read 802,710 times
I think that is spelt "staph" infection.

Old 01-04-2010, 01:55 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,804,086 times
Quote:
I want to get a sex change. Knowing the information I have given in previous posts, you may be wondering 'WTF!!!' but I assure you, this is something I have been thinking about and wanting for a long time. Let's hear your opinion. And this is not a religious debate. I know who my God is. But I'm up for a debate if y'all insist.
Just as long as you aren't looking to surprise poor, helpless and lonely bar patrons, I say go for it.

Old 01-04-2010, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007.5 View Post
I regret hearing of your little nephews situation ; my previous post was referring to the gender he gives us while in the womb . God isnt the cause of your nephews heart condition -- he is the author of good things. The Author of pain, suffering, disabilities, natural disasters, etc...was the Fall of Mankind when Sin entered the World . It threw it into chaos and destruction . One day God will restore that which was lost and redeem the Earth just like he redeemed Man thru the cross of Christ -- until that day happens, we are promised to have him close to us if we choose so. But it calls for us to want to walk with him and be obedient to his protective moral laws . Regards.
You did say that God makes us the way we are for a purpose. It doesn't matter what is thought about Gods' will because only He can say what his will is. No person on Earth nor in history (Jesus doesn't count) can actually tell what Gods' plan for any of us is. If someone feels that God wants them to get the surgery, they should get the surgery. If a child is born with a health problem, surgery is the first thing to be attempted. This elective surgery does come with its own set of risks like with every surgery. God loves everyone unconditionally and He even stresses that Christians should too. Does He not?

Old 01-04-2010, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
Just as long as you aren't looking to surprise poor, helpless and lonely bar patrons, I say go for it.
I don't plan on visiting any bars. I would prefer to drink with friends at their place. It's safer. No driving either. I am mostly wanting to just stay with social drinking on that level. Of course I have only been drunk once.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness