U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2013, 05:28 PM

4,248 posts, read 10,228,903 times

Advertisements

Well, people have much worse issues than my little ole stone. Could be much much worse really. Hopefully they lube the stent up with petroleum jelly so it comes out easy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2013, 05:50 PM

484 posts, read 588,245 times
I have read some people experience some discomfort when removing the stent, but it didn't bother me at all. Having it IN was a different matter though! Will you be doing the laser or the ESWL?

Old 12-16-2013, 06:47 PM

13,494 posts, read 29,434,352 times
They gave me a stent when I went in for lithotripsy. Unfortunately I also had to have a catheter, and when they removed the catheter somehow the stent got pulled out with it. My ureter tube was so inflamed I ended up in the ER later they day, had to be given dilaudid the pain was so bad. Just make sure if you have lithotripsy that they give you some Zofran afterwards, because vomiting starts spasms and makes the pain worse.

Old 12-16-2013, 07:51 PM

Already have Zofran and doc is going to break up stone.

Old 01-07-2014, 08:20 PM

Whelp, it didn't go so great today. Went in for the stent to be put in as the stone hasn't moved for almost 2 months. Was told right before that 10-15% of the time they can't go all the way up to get to the stone due to something (forgot technical name) being to small to get to and it happens mostly for women. Well I woke up from surgery and was told they couldn't get to it and to come back in 2 weeks to do it again. I knew I wasn't well hung but jesus, thanks for cheering me up when you told me it happens mostly to women. They left in a stent which I think is supposed to help enlarge it. The discomfort right after was horrible. I felt the need to pee so badly and when I did god did it burn baaaad. It's the same pain for guys if you get soap up in your hole.

I've since gotten a bit better but have pain on my left side where the stent was put in. Guessing it's from the stuff going up my urinary tract. All I know is the hydro they game me for pain just doesn't cut it. They gave me 2 before I left at noon and I took 2 more a few hours ago and still have discomfort when I move. Hopefully the pain gets better as the days go by.

The nurse told me they could see about having a stent that has a string hanging out my, you know and could pull it at home once it was ready while I was carted to the room. Which I said HELL YES, I'll throw back a 5th and have my wife yank on it while I bite down on a pillow and scream like a girl. Otherwise they'll stick a camera up there first then go in and get it.

So another $900 and more pain in 2 weeks then I'm assuming if they break it up I'll get a bit more pain when I pee it out (hopefully they can pull it out while in there) and then the (the part that keeps me up at night) visit to the doctors office to get the stent removed while awake.

If you ever get a stone, pray it comes out naturally.

Old 01-10-2014, 12:18 PM

19,632 posts, read 53,481,140 times
Thanks for the update! Sorry it went that way. Hope next time they get it. At least you have a good attitude!

Old 01-23-2014, 01:39 PM

2nd time was a charm. They got it out and I left with a string. Was told to pull it out in 2 days and today was that day. Burning sensation was bad and something I don't want to do again. My left side is killing me but have read that's normal.

Old 01-24-2014, 02:48 PM

Anyone that needs I stent, I feel for you and this is hell on Earth. I had to leave work early because I couldn't bear the pain any longer and needed some pain killers. I woke up this morning and felt great. First time I woke up in 2 moths without any pain. Then I get halfway to work and the pain kicks in. Almost like my first kidney stone attack.

Old 02-05-2014, 07:23 PM

335 posts, read 813,057 times
My father had kidney stones removed in the 1960s. He said it was the worst pain he ever experienced. His doctor told him to drink 4 oz of full-strength cranberry juice nightly. My father followed that advice every night for decades and never had a reoccurrence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness