U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 06:57 PM

8,957 posts, read 17,005,188 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgb View Post
Thank you for replying. I have been dizzy for most of the day and it started today. I still have the chest and jaw pain that stayed the same. Are these signs of something serious?

Cassie
Yes & no. What you really need is a stress test with a thallium scan to check your heart and circulatory system. This will tell the tale of what's up with you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2010, 11:36 PM

43,012 posts, read 88,978,939 times
Quote:
Thank you for replying. I am diagnosed with Costochondritis and I get very bad chest pains, with pains in my upper ribs and up to my jaw. Everything came out normal EKG, bloodwork, chest x-ray, etc. I am on pain medications that are not working. I will be getting a cortisone injection in my chest eventually.
Great news that it wasn't a heart attack! Even though you're in pain right now, I'm sure you're thrilled with the diagnosis! Hang in there!

Old 02-09-2010, 08:28 AM

2,878 posts, read 4,390,279 times
Quote:

I also had 5 episodes of trouble breathing and pressure in my chest. In fact, I woke up at 2 in the morning on Thursday and I had trouble breathing. My question is even though that it is Costochondritis, how do I know the episodes I am having are not from a heart attack?
I am very concerned that you are still having what appear to be symptoms of a heart attack. I've read many times that women's symptoms are not taken as seriously as men's. Perhaps you need to see a different doctor?

Look at the list of symptoms from the well-regarded Mayo Clinic website. You've had almost all of them:

Additional heart attack symptoms in women

Women may have all, none, many or a few of the typical heart attack symptoms. For women, the most common heart attack symptom is still some type of pain, pressure or discomfort in the chest. But women are more likely than are men to also have heart attack symptoms without chest pain, such as:
  • Neck, jaw, shoulder, upper back or abdominal discomfort
  • Shortness of breath
  • Nausea or vomiting
  • Abdominal pain or "heartburn"
  • Sweating
  • Lightheadedness or dizziness
  • Unusual or unexplained fatigue
Heart attack symptoms: Know what signals a medical emergency - MayoClinic.com

Old 02-09-2010, 02:19 PM
tgb tgb started this thread

11 posts, read 110,742 times
Default Chest and Jaw Pain

Thank you for replying. I also get rapid heart beats with my Costochondritis. I also have trouble breathing and tightness in my chest at times. Should I go to the hospital?
Cassie

Old 02-09-2010, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Thank you for replying. I also get rapid heart beats with my Costochondritis. I also have trouble breathing and tightness in my chest at times. Should I go to the hospital?
Cassie
Yes, IMO, YES!! Since this condition mimics a heart attack so closely I'd be in the ER in a heart beat everytime this condition flares up. You never know when it will be a heart attack for real.

Ya, I know this bites for convenience.

Old 02-12-2010, 07:34 PM
tgb tgb started this thread

11 posts, read 110,742 times
Default Chest and Jaw Pain

Thank you for replying. I have another question. I woke up early morning with trouble breathing and tightness in my chest with the constant bad chest pain. My question is: Did I actually stop breathing for a little while when I was sleeping and then some sginal in my brain caused me to wake up because there was a problem or did I have trouble breathing and then wake up shortly thereafter? After I woke up, I did have trouble breathing for a little while and then I was able to go back to sleep.

Can that actually happen where someone stops breathing while sleeping for maybe a second before they realize it?

Also, my chest pain is really bad and I have pain radiaitng to my arms, back, jaw and upper ribs.

Cassie

Old 02-12-2010, 07:47 PM

27 posts, read 44,990 times
Chest pain
-------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------

The initial actions of the first aid for chest pain:
- Determine whether the patient is suffering from high blood pressure - diabetes - no heart attack - or if a smoker.
- Do you suffer from asthma, lung or inflation?
- Is there a history of hereditary heart disease in the family?
- When these symptoms began?
- Is this pain cause Atasar Sadr?
- Does this happen after you do sports activity or eating a meal?
- Does the pain to other organs in the body?
- Is there pain associated with cough or fever?
- Is the patient feels nausea or dizziness?

* Evaluation of chest pain:

- Measurement of vital signs (pulse - pressure - respiration - temperature).
- To assess whether there was a shortness of breath - vomiting - the secretion of sweat.

* Warnings:

- Extended pain related to heart muscle to the abdominal area - the neck - the lower jaw - the shoulder - or chest.
- Can indicate the following symptoms to a heart attack: nausea - vomiting - race - shortness of breath.
- Increase chances of heart attack patients who have a history of high blood pressure - diabetes - smoking - past crises to crises of the heart, or has a history of hereditary heart disease in the family.

* Protocol first aid to chest pain:

- The patient relaxes in a comfortable and convenient.
- Use oxygen if there is doubt in the presence of pain of angina 2 liters / minute through a tube through the nose.
- Taking medications specific to such cases.

To resort to the doctor:

- All cases complaining of chest pains and shortness of breath - nausea - sweating.
- All cases where the pain continues for more than five minutes.
- All cases that do not respond to medication.
</SPAN>

Old 02-12-2010, 07:50 PM

Diagnosis of chest pain
-------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------

The chest pain may be caused by many situations ranging from a simple lack of severity of the threat to the life of the patient.
And cases of heart and lung are the most serious reasons.
It is often a harbinger of most types of pain, causing danger to just narrow it does not deem the patient's pain, but lack of pressure or a sense of fracture.
Chest pain caused by disorders of the digestive system, muscle, bone or nerves are also common, but they are Bakzawrp.

Here you enumerate all possibilities of chest pain:

Symptoms
Possibilities

Here the pain severe, severe, and strained the chest or compressor and developed symptoms is accompanied by the following:
Pain or numbness, neck, jaw or arms + shortness of breath + dizziness or race
The pain continues after rest for 20 minutes.
Heart attack / situations Alanursma

Here the pain severe, severe, and strained the chest or compressor and developed symptoms is accompanied by the following:
Pain or numbness, neck, jaw or arms + shortness of breath + dizziness or race
The pain occurs with the effort.
Angina

Where the patient suffers respiratory distress and worsening chest pain when taking a deep breath
This may occur when they are inherent to the bed or sit for several hours in the car or plane or airport.
Missile pulmonary

Where the patient suffers respiratory distress and worsening chest pain when taking a deep breath, and be infected with cough and fever.
It may be yellow or green sputum
Chest infections / acute bronchitis (influenza People) / pneumonia / chest muscle strain

Where the patient suffers respiratory distress and worsening chest pain when taking a deep breath.
Shrinkage pneumonia, pneumothorax

Where the patient feels burning sensation and increased pain when you lie down, and also accompanied by a burp and swelling.
Heartburn / gastric reflux disease flashback / hernia Igri / pericarditis

If you get were later severe cough or chest infection or has undergone surgery chest + pain was limited to one side of the chest.
Muscle strain / broken rib

If the pain is limited to one side of the chest + was infected skin itching or burning at the site of pain and there was a bubble over the skin of your chest.
Neurological infection, shingles

Old 02-12-2010, 07:51 PM

[SIZE=5]I wish you healing.[/SIZE]

Old 02-12-2010, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Thank you for replying. I have another question. I woke up early morning with trouble breathing and tightness in my chest with the constant bad chest pain. My question is: Did I actually stop breathing for a little while when I was sleeping and then some sginal in my brain caused me to wake up because there was a problem or did I have trouble breathing and then wake up shortly thereafter? After I woke up, I did have trouble breathing for a little while and then I was able to go back to sleep.

Can that actually happen where someone stops breathing while sleeping for maybe a second before they realize it?

Also, my chest pain is really bad and I have pain radiaitng to my arms, back, jaw and upper ribs.

Cassie
You say you've already scheduled a doctor visit? If not do so!!!!

Tell your doctor of these symptoms and that you might now have sleep apnea in to add to your problems.

Sleep apnea is a fist full of worry for millions of people. The reason is that you can die in your sleep from this condition. Ya, you didn't need to know that but it can, and does, cause death so the sooner your doctor knows the sooner you can get treatment that will stop this condition.

Do you think you have sleep apnea? - American Sleep Apnea Association - ASAA

Good luck on you, mate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness