Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2010, 12:16 AM

2,536 posts, read 9,928,096 times

Advertisements

For whatever reason, the past 3 days I've had a feeling in my lower abdomen that can only be described as someone pushing on my stomach, a constant pressure. It's driving me nuts! I don't know if it is female-related (it's not painful like a normal menstrual cramp), or digestive or what. What's weird is that it's been consistent for 3 days straight. Anyone had this before? I'm not really worried or anything...just kind of bothering me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2010, 11:06 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,560,294 times
have you been going to the bathroom regulary? do you feel constipated or bloated? If it lasts a few more days I would get it checked out.

Old 01-10-2010, 11:13 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,013,252 times
I sometimes get that when I'm constipated and a bowel movement resolves it. If it doesn't get better in a few days, definitely make an appointment to see your doctor.

If it feels like a knife stabbing from the inside outward on your right side, it could be your appendix and you shouldn't wait to see the doctor.

Now that I think about it, my etopic pregnancy started off that way, but I think you would be in more serious pain after three days due to internal bleeding.

Old 01-10-2010, 12:57 PM

711 posts, read 1,511,415 times
Maybe its cramps.

Last edited by LadyRobyn; 01-10-2010 at 04:11 PM.. Reason: Language...

Old 01-10-2010, 03:14 PM

Thanks everyone for the ideas.

It seems to be a bit better today--so I'm not worried. I think it just might be an only onset of "female" fun.

Old 01-10-2010, 04:26 PM

2,901 posts, read 12,723,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepinksquid View Post
Thanks everyone for the ideas.

It seems to be a bit better today--so I'm not worried. I think it just might be an only onset of "female" fun.
That's good ... and if it's not constipation, it may be some "trapped" gas in your colon ... ginger tea works well to help it pass.

Old 01-10-2010, 04:51 PM

Oh, and it's definitely not a sharp pain at all... every so often I'm getting a "twingy" feeling, but not painful at all. It has continued to be much less today.

Old 01-11-2010, 10:24 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,253,321 times
That can happen when you ovulate. Keep an eye on though and schedule a check up and smear with the gyno. Girly cancers can be silent at first and are easiest to treat when caught early. Strange cramping can be just one of the signs. Cysts will also do that to you but they are usually not a problem and can self resolve. The youngest person I knew that had cancer (cervical) was only 23. And it was not just an abnormal smear scare.

Old 01-11-2010, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
That can happen when you ovulate. Keep an eye on though and schedule a check up and smear with the gyno. Girly cancers can be silent at first and are easiest to treat when caught early. Strange cramping can be just one of the signs. Cysts will also do that to you but they are usually not a problem and can self resolve. The youngest person I knew that had cancer (cervical) was only 23. And it was not just an abnormal smear scare.
It's mostly resolved itself now, so I'm not too worried. I just had a normal pap about a month and a half ago, and knowing what I know about cervical cancer, there's no real chance of me having that anyhow. I thought of a cyst as well, and I'll definitely become more worried if I feel anything sharper than I have.

Old 01-11-2010, 03:31 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,253,321 times
Good! I am glad. Don't forget to get another one this year instead of waiting two years. (just in case)
Anyone can get cervical cancer. What blew me away about that young girl was that she was not with many people (2) and never had an std. Cervical cancer and ovarian cancer are grossly understudied and have "silent phases". So don't skip those check ups. It can happen to anyone even if you don't have the typical history.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness