U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 09:06 AM

2,191 posts, read 4,088,507 times

Advertisements

H1N1 Flu Is a False Pandemic, Health Expert Claims - H1N1 - FOXNews.com

Anyone who fell for this and got an H1N1 flu vaccine is a tool akin to a lemming. You know its bad when major news media is now posting articles making fun of the situation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2010, 09:16 AM

2,484 posts, read 7,900,413 times
Better safe than sorry. People thought the polio vaccine was the government's attempt to inject harmful crap into peoples' systems as well.

I will admit, its no worse than the normal flu---but its still a flu and it sucks to have. What I find most amusing is the "news agency" that is most known to cause fear and paranoia is now condemning an attempt to cause fear and paranoia. Black pot, meet Black kettle?

I got my vaccine--- for free. And this "lemming" doesn't regret it.

Old 01-11-2010, 09:51 AM

Yeah I probably wouldn't regret it either if I didn't read what was inside it...kind of like not staring at the nutritional ingredients on a double whopper with cheese at Burger King. Fox news is terrible but I personally believe all news reporting media, just like individuals on the internet, have some type of personal agenda. Bottome line is I don't trust our government for anything, they do nothing but lie, why would it be any different with vaccines? Its not.

Old 01-11-2010, 10:56 AM

7,079 posts, read 33,727,881 times
Sorry, but per WHO definition, it IS a pandemic.

Old 01-11-2010, 11:02 AM

2,903 posts, read 11,164,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason28 View Post
H1N1 Flu Is a False Pandemic, Health Expert Claims - H1N1 - FOXNews.com

Anyone who fell for this and got an H1N1 flu vaccine is a tool akin to a lemming. You know its bad when major news media is now posting articles making fun of the situation.
I agree .... but making a case against the lemming mentality by using FOX News ....

Old 01-11-2010, 11:32 AM

2,484 posts, read 7,900,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason28 View Post
Yeah I probably wouldn't regret it either if I didn't read what was inside it...kind of like not staring at the nutritional ingredients on a double whopper with cheese at Burger King. Fox news is terrible but I personally believe all news reporting media, just like individuals on the internet, have some type of personal agenda. Bottome line is I don't trust our government for anything, they do nothing but lie, why would it be any different with vaccines? Its not.
Well I mean that's why we have a choice of whether or not to get it. It is my choice to have gotten it. It is your choice to risk yourself 5 days if straight misery should you catch it. Though from what I've heard of what its like to have H1N1, I honestly would not wish it upon you and just hope you escape it unscathed.

Old 01-11-2010, 04:28 PM

2,903 posts, read 11,164,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmerkyGrl View Post
Well I mean that's why we have a choice of whether or not to get it. It is my choice to have gotten it. It is your choice to risk yourself 5 days if straight misery should you catch it. Though from what I've heard of what its like to have H1N1, I honestly would not wish it upon you and just hope you escape it unscathed.
The risks of vaccines are far greater than a miserable flu.
Unless one dies (and i know people have and i'm not minimizing that), getting sick, having your immune system kick in and ultimately recovering, is a boon to your health.
Vaccines compromise the health of the body.

Old 01-11-2010, 05:49 PM

869 posts, read 2,600,583 times
It's neither here nor there, but in 1995, as a healthy 35 year old, I got a flu shot at work and was deathly ill 2 days later, as bad as I could ever remember, and it lasted nearly 10 days. First and last time I will ever opt for a flu shot. Taking my chances with the real thing, I am.

Old 01-11-2010, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viralmd View Post
Sorry, but per WHO definition, it IS a pandemic.

Technically the common cold is a pandemic but you don't see mass hysteria over it. When all news reporting agencies, the WHO, the CDC, and the US Government are all screaming "OMG WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!!" and it kills 1/10th of the amount of the normal flu it is offically a joke. Somebody here had an agenda and it was to make a crap ton of money off vaccines. Control the information and you control weak minded people = profit. And by the way, all a pandemic means is:
  • emergence of a disease new to a population
  • agents infect humans, causing serious illness
  • agents spread easily and sustainably among humans
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmerkyGrl View Post
And we also have a choice to eat two boxes of oreos each day and can claim ignorance when we die from a heart attack ten years later. The vaccine ingredients are terrible and the FDA, CDC, WHO, and the US Government all pushed for everyone in the universe to get this vaccine. There over reaction to H1N1 is beyond stupid.

Also everyone I know who got H1N1 was fine. I happened to catch the normal flu this year and it was awesome. I have been sick the last week, off from work with my feet kicked up watching movies in a snuggie. I hope I catch it again next year.

Old 01-11-2010, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyoteskye View Post
I agree .... but making a case against the lemming mentality by using FOX News ....
I concur, Fox news is terrible but thats exactly the point. By the time Fox news is showing it, it is even more of a joke.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness