U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2010, 06:27 PM

6,044 posts, read 21,138,885 times

Advertisements

Will your partner not use condoms?
IMO, condoms are the best method, but I know so many men dislike them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2010, 10:18 PM

7 posts, read 35,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryde View Post
So what did he tell you to prevent it. Because It last for days unless u douche.
to tell you tha truth thats all he said i gotton a pap smear and i dint have any thing.. they say dont douche because you are takin tha good bacteria out when you do that plus you have tha mirena..but am like you surpose to douche so he said dont do it that often then if you feel like you justhave to

Old 06-07-2010, 09:57 PM

31 posts, read 36,207 times
Default Mirena

I also have the mirena and haveing similar problems to what you all have posted on here...i do get yest infections and the last one i got came up very quick...i did not know that i had one there was no signs at all until one day i about past out and was burning up but also shivering at the same time...that is when i was took to the hospital and was told that i had one...i have been to the doctor but they never answermy questions straight about the mirena...i think that all this does come from it.. i am also loseing my hair (slowly) i am only 22 years old and i can not stand going through all this...i am also haveing a odor there to after sex... i was wondering if it comes from the semen mixing with the chemicals that the mirena have in it...i am just guessing at that one......i have had mine since 2007 and the problems have not stoped...i want to have it out but the doctor is always booked i am going to have to do something...my husband wants me to have it removed and have my tubes tied but i am not sure that i want to do that i am still young and may want more childern one day.....have any of you guys heard about some women haveing to have surgery to have the merina removed? my friend has one and just the other night after her and her husbad got done with their "bussiness" she was in so much pain that she could barley move...come to find out the the merina had moved and went into her mussle or something...i am worried about what it will do to me....please let me know how you guys are treating your problems with this. thanks

Old 11-16-2012, 09:32 PM

1 posts, read 854 times
I did all my test to get the mirena insert but its very risky after viewin all the comments i definetly wan this out.i recently had the mirena inserted am havin alot of belly pain an join pain,but the doctor told me that if am havin symtoms she will hav to give me medication.I dont wan medication i wan to hav a normal life.

Old 09-01-2013, 04:52 AM

1,373 posts, read 2,362,740 times
WOW I know this is an old thread I wonder if any of you guys care to update?

Dog sick after Mirena? Hair falling out, headaches, facial pain, dry eyes, problems with walking

Those have been my problems with Mirena. Like OP I was initially fine but got progressively sick some time into it.

For headaches I take Cymbalta. Thats what the neurologist recommended. Its not heling though. Does Topamex cure you guys?

Have things improved since Mirena?

Old 09-01-2013, 08:24 AM

19,639 posts, read 53,524,973 times
Long-term use of Cymbalta can induce suicidal thoughts out of the blue in some people.

Old 09-01-2013, 09:04 AM

1,373 posts, read 2,362,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelleInUtah View Post
Long-term use of Cymbalta can induce suicidal thoughts out of the blue in some people.
Thanks for telling me that. I have been on it for about a month & the neurologist says it takes one month before it works.

Do any of these medications cure your migranes or are they just made to help cope with the pain

SouthernBelle are you on Topamex, what do you like about it. Is it working well?

Old 09-01-2013, 10:46 AM

19,639 posts, read 53,524,973 times
I used feverfew for many years, daily as a preventative and more if needed. I now use it occasionally when needed.

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 09-05-2013, 12:01 AM

130 posts, read 122,168 times
I'm on Topomax 50 mg a day and mg BC is Seasonique. My neurologist an PCP both do not have a problem with it. I don't spot, no problems with either. I have been using the Seasonique since 2010 and the Topomax since last year.

Old 09-05-2013, 12:08 AM

130 posts, read 122,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deaudria86 View Post
to tell you tha truth thats all he said i gotton a pap smear and i dint have any thing.. they say dont douche because you are takin tha good bacteria out when you do that plus you have tha mirena..but am like you surpose to douche so he said dont do it that often then if you feel like you justhave to
Don't douche, get some fem dophilus and fix that BV!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness