U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2010, 04:03 PM

8,957 posts, read 17,000,905 times

Advertisements

"We're getting sicker and sicker, thanks to gruesome conditions in animal agriculture nationwide."

How Factory Farms Are Pumping Americans Full of Deadly Bacteria and Pathogens | Health and Wellness | AlterNet

Oops! Wrong forum. Please move to "Health and Wellness"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2010, 05:42 PM

725 posts, read 1,321,323 times
I'm not so sure that you are in the wrong thread.
This is about food.
Not only are the factory farms giving us pathogens and unwanted hormones, but the Processors are following up on the crime by pumping the product full of other harmful additives.
MSG the deadly neurotoxin.
Citric Acid, which is a pesticide
Aspartame, another neurotoxin
and a whole host of unpronouncable chemicals that were not uses in bygone years.

I look for your thread in Health & Wellness, adding more info.

Old 01-14-2010, 01:44 PM

8,309 posts, read 33,329,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhZone View Post
I'm not so sure that you are in the wrong thread.
This is about food.
Not only are the factory farms giving us pathogens and unwanted hormones, but the Processors are following up on the crime by pumping the product full of other harmful additives.
MSG the deadly neurotoxin.
Citric Acid, which is a pesticide
Aspartame, another neurotoxin
and a whole host of unpronouncable chemicals that were not uses in bygone years.

I look for your thread in Health & Wellness, adding more info.
I'll stay away from lemons in the future. I'm not sure citric acid belongs on the list of harmful and deadly additives...

Old 01-14-2010, 01:59 PM

8,293 posts, read 22,457,074 times
If people only knew how ludicrous and insanely wrong this is...

Come on people, let's do some credible research instead of depending on activist blogs for our information!

Old 01-14-2010, 02:05 PM

4,222 posts, read 6,991,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tightwad View Post
"We're getting sicker and sicker, thanks to gruesome conditions in animal agriculture nationwide."

How Factory Farms Are Pumping Americans Full of Deadly Bacteria and Pathogens | Health and Wellness | AlterNet

Oops! Wrong forum. Please move to "Health and Wellness"
Copious amounts of DiHydrogen-Monoxide are spread on various crops by the ton and even more would be used if it was more readily available. It is a proven fact that this insidious chemical probably kills more Humans than DDT, Atrazine, Parathion, Malathion or any other chemical used in food production. Read about it at:
Dihydrogen Monoxide - DHMO.org DIHDRYOGEN MONOXIDE Headline Page

GL2

Old 01-14-2010, 02:50 PM

260 posts, read 493,059 times
"The Farm Sanctuary Virtual Experience
Welcome to the Farm Sanctuary Virtual Experience, a new digital environment that enables anyone to investigate and explore a richly-detailed simulation of two very different worlds: the factory farm and the sanctuary."

Farm Sanctuary: Farm Sanctuary | Virtual Experience (http://action.farmsanctuary.org/site/PageServer?pagename=VirtualExperience - broken link)

Old 01-15-2010, 11:07 AM

725 posts, read 1,321,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimboburnsy View Post
I'll stay away from lemons in the future. I'm not sure citric acid belongs on the list of harmful and deadly additives...
The Citric Acid that is addd to your food is not exactly the same as that in the lemons. Lemons have long been used for digetive problems. The acid in them shocks the body into adding lots of Calcium to neutralize the acid and balance the system. However you will have additional problems if you do this too often without supplementing Calcium. You see, when the body does its neutralizing it pulls the calcium from your Teeth and Bones.

And...if you do not rinse your mouth after taking the lemon the acid will erode your teeth.

Here is a little info on Citric Acid.

Citric Acid has bee used for years in Jams, Jellies and canned Fruit.
It is anti-bacterial & and anti-oxidant.
Recently the FDA approved Citric Acid for use in meat processing. You cannot buy meat that has not been washed/soaked in Citric Acid.

However........
More recently it can be found in almost everything. That and MSG and Aspartame.

MSG and Aspartame are well known for being neurotoxins.
Little has been published about Citric Acid also being Neurotoxin.
Research on the subject only discusses its toxicity in blood transfusions.
Now then, if it can be toxic when infused into the blood would it not also be toxic when ingested?

Citric Acid binds with Calcium & Magnesium.
It causes LOW Calcium & Magnesium levels WHICH POTENTIATE THE TETANY PRODUCING EFECTS OF Potassium!!!

So it causes low calcium levels, which is very bad, and yet it now proliferates in our food.
Low calcium levels can cause a variety of maladies from seizures to death.
“Another sensitizer of the neuro-muscular system to the action of potassium is Histamine.

In addition, histamine gives rise to the release of adrenaline by the adrenal medulla and it will be seen later that adrenaline can assume the role of a factor triggering tetany“.

http://www.soilandhealth.org/01aglib...6gtchap20.html
Signs of Citric Acid Poisoning are:
Tetany, seizures, cardiac failure,
Acral numbness, tingling, feeling of tenseness or tightness of muscles and a sense of twitchiness.
Cardiac effects may include bradycardia and decreased cardiac output, & asystol atrial hypotension, as well as complete failure and death.[/SIZE]

My mother nearly died from Citric Acid toxicity during a blood transfusion, as she was recovering from surgery.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From http://www.westonaprice.org/msg-updates/301.html
The Difficulty in Keeping MSG Free
“The food ingredient "citric acid" provides us with a good example of why MSG-sensitive people with little tolerance are having difficulty staying well. Many people believe that "citric acid" comes from citrus fruits, and since most people can tolerate citrus fruits, "citric acid" should not be a problem. However, most of the "citric acid" used today is made from corn rather than from citrus fruits. The Archer Daniels Midland Company (ADM) is a major producer of "citric acid."

"Citric acid" is produced by fermentation of crude sugars. When "citric acid" is produced from corn, manufacturers do not take the time or undertake the expense to remove all corn protein. During processing, the remaining protein is hydrolyzed, resulting in some processed free glutamic acid (MSG). "Citric acid" may also interacts with any protein in the food to which it is added, freeing up more glutamic acid.

* And Note that it is now likely to be made from Genetically Modified Corn.

You might also want to look at this site.

http://www.pesticideinfo.org/Detail_...Rec_Id=PC35065
Citric acid - toxicity, ecological toxicity and regulatory information

It looks like there is a trick to inserting links that I haven't figured out. You may have to copy and paste them.

Last edited by OhZone; 01-15-2010 at 11:21 AM.. Reason: to remove extraneous material
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness