U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2010, 01:09 PM

1 posts, read 913 times

Advertisements

Cupcake, I am in NJ and having a terrible time finding a good lyme dr. Can you tell me who you saw in NY and if he was LLMD or infectious disease? Thanks so much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2010, 01:45 PM

4,997 posts, read 13,552,099 times
the shots for lyme are a must. they helped me tremendously. please take them. i understand your phobia. i had one for dentists due to one dentist when i was a child. for years i clutched the chairs when i was at the dentist. it is just now better, and it has been 50 years.

Old 04-05-2010, 02:38 PM

1,897 posts, read 2,854,132 times
to the OP...

you may want to look into seeking a script for Medicinal Marijuana. I have read where people with Lyme Disease are using Marijuana to treat certain symptoms...including headaches. I don't know if you're open to something like that, but if so, it could be worth researching...hope things get better, i know it can be a very difficult disease to deal with...my Father in Law has it, and I've got him researching the same therapy. Some say it helps them get out of bed to tackle day to day activities...

Old 04-06-2010, 02:57 AM

19,216 posts, read 12,476,040 times
"Colloidal Silver -- Colloidal silver therapy for Lyme disease appears to be significantly effective with many individuals that have used it."

My suggestion is colloidal silver with N-Acetyl Cysteine (NAC).

CHRONIC LYME DISEASE (http://autoimmunityresearch.org/lyme-disease/ - broken link)

Old 04-07-2010, 08:29 PM

25 posts, read 143,359 times
Default wow

[quote=Rapture;12495107]I really don't appreciate your comment. I know I'm not a child but was traumatized when I was younger with a sharp object many times over and I think over the years it gave me this phobia. I'm not someone that just doesn't like needles like most people. Before you comment you should be a little more sensitive. Anyway, I'm not getting the shots just for the hell of it, I'm trying to find out if they actually helped anyone here. You didn't seem to have insight about that.

I'm very glad you commented on the needle comment. While that person was probably just trying to get a rise out of you which is very petty you handled it very well.

I myself have FM and CFS and i know life is hard enough without people like that. I have topamax for my headaches..it really works well when i have a bad migraine. The other one that helped was Nuerontin..helps with pain and sleep too.

My cousin has Lyme disease (what can i say we are special) and I know she has had lots of the same problems as you.

Try to keep your head high...i'll keep you in mind if i can think of anything that might help you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness