U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2016, 06:36 PM

5,508 posts, read 3,362,943 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I drank sodas as a young person and ate all the crappy foods we're hearing about today that are really no good for us. Gluten is one of them. Today, I can't understand why people still drink that soda stuff.
Most people don't have a problem with gluten. Humans all over the world have been eating bread for thousands of years...

I agree with you on the soda.

When I was very young, I dated a guy who had bad acne. It didn't bother me too much; I figured it would clear up over time. He did consider Accutane but was frightened off by the side effects. We each eventually married other people and the last I heard, he had 6 kids and no more acne, but he does have a lot of facial scars. Just one of those things. We all have our flaws.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2016, 11:35 PM

18,867 posts, read 6,167,967 times
I wouldn't agree that most people don't have a problem with gluten, I'd say probably most don't realize this issue all over the world.

Old 05-10-2016, 05:55 AM

4,627 posts, read 10,507,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I wouldn't agree that most people don't have a problem with gluten, I'd say probably most don't realize this issue all over the world.
Whether you "agree" or not it is a fact...

Most people don't realize its an issue all over the world because it isn't....

The whole gluten demonization is a myth made up in the alternative realm....

"The market for gluten-free products is exploding. Why exactly we donít know. Many people may just perceive that a gluten-free diet is healthier."

In fact, it isnít. For people with celiac disease, a gluten-free diet is essential. But for others, "unless people are very careful, a gluten-free diet can lack vitamins, minerals, and fiber," says Green."
The Truth About Gluten

Old 05-10-2016, 11:07 AM

18,867 posts, read 6,167,967 times
We could post info on the gluten issue all day and not run out of info:

https://authoritynutrition.com/6-sho...gluten-is-bad/

Old 05-10-2016, 11:35 AM

4,294 posts, read 2,883,322 times
Use apple cyder vinegar with a cotton bud apply on acne but make sure that you don't touch it more often. After you use that for some time acne will pop out from your skin. That helped me.

Old 05-10-2016, 08:30 PM

4,749 posts, read 6,152,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Humble View Post
Turns out the same stuff they sell you to cure acne actually causes acne?? How convenient!
But why do people buy the stuff to cure acne in the first place? ('cause they have acne)

Old 05-10-2016, 08:36 PM

Since you mentioned school I am assuming you are still in high school, take Accutane over the summer...it will get worse for a few weeks and then clear up. At least that's what happened with my son's friend.

Old 05-10-2016, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
Warning: tea tree oil smells nasty.
I think it smells nice...sort of like a spruce or cedar tree.

Old 05-11-2016, 04:22 AM

33,150 posts, read 39,115,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tkt View Post
you guessed right

I tried special soaps, creams, more serious medication, ... nothing seems to work, which drives me insane ... I sometimes feel like I have a curse noone else has.

My 25yr old daughter has a similar affliction,she also has tried everything and nothing works,i feel so bad for her as she is very self conscious about it and gets mad if i try to talk to her about it.
I'd like to impart some of the wisdom put forth in this topic but she just wouldnt take the advice very well.I'd pay a lot of money to rid her of this problem but if she doesnt want to talk about it or thinks its none of my business theres not much i can do

Old 05-11-2016, 02:42 PM

33,150 posts, read 39,115,002 times
I just broached the subject to my daughter thinking she may gain some knowledge from this topic,,,,Bad move ,she said it was none of my business and that some obese people (me) could be taken to task for being fat lazy slobs,Ouch! OOOKAY then we wont talk about severe acne eh!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness