Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2010, 10:25 AM
Tkt Tkt started this thread

44 posts, read 152,994 times

Advertisements

Hello,

Some people have a lot of acne, even around the age of 20, and I was wondering how you are around those people?

Do you ignore it, like if it wasn't even there?
Or are you really grossed out by it, and don't even wan't to look at the person?

Do you think you would be able to talk much better with the person if he/she didn't have the acne?
Or does it have no effect?

Lastly, have you ever had acne? How much?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2010, 10:32 AM

2,179 posts, read 3,404,244 times
I don't know if you're asking because you have severe acne, but if you are and do; I knew a guy who had terrible acne. No matter what he did nothing seemed to work. He tried over the counter, prescription stuff, special soaps, etc, and it only got worse. Then he realized that his girlfriend who had skin clear as water, never used soap at all, never put anything on her skin at all, only splashed it with water a few times a day. So he started doing this and in no time his skin started to clear up. He is still with his girl and now they both have crystal clear skin.

If I'm off on why you asked, per your OP, I treat them as I do anybody else, of course.

Wanted to edit to say that the drying soaps and meds get you into a vicious cycle; once your skin is overly dry, it will naturally produce more oil which will then make you break out again, and so on...

Old 01-16-2010, 10:36 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,156,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Humble View Post
I don't know if you're asking because you have severe acne, but if you are and do; I knew a guy who had terrible acne. No matter what he did nothing seemed to work. He tried over the counter, prescription stuff, special soaps, etc, and it only got worse. Then he realized that his girlfriend who had skin clear as water, never used soap at all, never put anything on her skin at all, only splashed it with water a few times a day. So he started doing this and in no time his skin started to clear up. He is still with his girl and now they both have crystal clear skin.

If I'm off on why you asked, per your OP, I treat them as I do anybody else, of course.
You know, I've also read it's best to leave your skin alone. I've never been able to do it - at the least you have to take off make-up with SOMETHING! Some advise to not even use body wash or soap all over your body all the time and only clean the obvious areas. Same goes for washing hair - we do it too often and ruin it.

Old 01-16-2010, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
You know, I've also read it's best to leave your skin alone. I've never been able to do it - at the least you have to take off make-up with SOMETHING! Some advise to not even use body wash or soap all over your body all the time and only clean the obvious areas. Same goes for washing hair - we do it too often and ruin it.
Yeah, I mean it was incredible. This guy had it bad. My heart broke for him. I couldn't believe it when I saw him and his skin was clear. I asked him what he had done, what he was doing, and he told me this story. Turns out the same stuff they sell you to cure acne actually causes acne?? How convenient!

Old 01-16-2010, 10:44 AM

6,777 posts, read 13,552,263 times
Quote:
Yeah, I mean it was incredible. This guy had it bad. My heart broke for him. I couldn't believe it when I saw him and his skin was clear. I asked him what he had done, what he was doing, and he told me this story. Turns out the same stuff they sell you to cure acne actually causes acne?? How convenient!
Well I had a cousin that had terrible acne when she was a teenager and she went on Accutane and it cleared it right up.

Old 01-16-2010, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Turns out the same stuff they sell you to cure acne actually causes acne?? How convenient!
I wouldn't be surprised. It's easier for a man to leave his face alone, but I haven't been able to.

Old 01-16-2010, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
Well I had a cousin that had terrible acne when she was a teenager and she went on Accutane and it cleared it right up.
Accutane has 2 pages of horrible side effects - IMO it's better to live with less than perfect skin than to ever touch that!

Old 01-16-2010, 10:51 AM

6,777 posts, read 13,552,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Accutane has 2 pages of horrible side effects - IMO it's better to live with less than perfect skin than to ever touch that!
Yeah it does have bad side effects. She didn't experience any of them tho. Her skin was REALLY bad, she didn't even want to go to school. You know how cruel teenagers can be!

Idk how long she took it, but it worked and she has had perfect skin ever since. She also took it long before her child bearing years and her kids are healthy.

Old 01-16-2010, 10:52 AM

2,191 posts, read 4,806,615 times
Try dating a cat instead. They tend to not get acne on fur. They do have terrible breath though so make sure they don't yawn around you.

Old 01-16-2010, 10:53 AM

Haven't heard back from the OP. Just want to say that acne can be a source of great embarrassment and sadness. When I was in my early '20's I had a bout with it. Not that bad, but still. I tried the over the counter stuff and it did not work. Something this "minor" can be endlessly frustrating. If you're having a rough time, just hang in there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness