Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2010, 11:00 AM

1,085 posts, read 2,530,902 times

Advertisements

what if it's not acne? what if he or she is the best goaly the dart team ever had?

you guys seem a bit judgmental at times, sheesh.

as a former acne sufferer I can type that stuff!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2010, 11:00 AM
Ep-

2,080 posts, read 4,169,580 times
i had mild/moderate acne until around 21ish. still get the occasional pimple at 25, but it will normally go away real quick. i've never really given a **** about it and no one else has really. never had trouble pulling girls with or without acne.

i've found the best treatment is just a salacylic (sp??) acid wash they sell at grocery stores works best. just a quick wash in the shower and thats it. all that other crap they sell normally just dries out the skin and makes it worse.

i knew a few people when i was younger that had it bad and did some more advanced treatments (accutane) that seemed to work well

Old 01-16-2010, 11:01 AM

1,571 posts, read 2,813,078 times
If it's too much to the point it's severe acne then it's repulsive. There was an ugly guy interest in me once but his acne made it even worst. After going out with him when asked over the phone if I liked him and my answer was ''Yes as a friend'' and we talked for a little while though he seem a bit sad. What else was I suppose to say ''No way, you're ugly as hell with those zips''....

I had acne too starting at age 9 and disappearing after turning 16 but it was moderate, not severe. It still bother the me though so I would pop them and problem would be solved quicker...

Old 01-16-2010, 11:10 AM

606 posts, read 1,234,660 times
I am in my 30's and I get a bump or two especially when I am PMSing and stressing.
Honestly I think that the key to help clear up some of any acne is to
1. Wash your face twice a day (if you have sensitive skin use mild soaps like Dove unsented)
2. drink A LOT of water
3. Eat a lot of healthy food
4. Try to do yoga or something to calm any stress down
5. Change your pillow case at least 3 times a week.
I hope that this helps. Please keep us updated

Old 01-16-2010, 11:10 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,188,190 times
I had acne on and off as a kid, tho, not as bad as some. I grew out of it. Now that I'm getting older I'm developing malasma. Joy! /sc

Old 01-16-2010, 11:40 AM

4,897 posts, read 18,489,531 times
how do i treat them? like i treat everyone else i would hope. with respect and integrity. people cant help what they look like or what ailments they must face. (pun not intended)

now for guys, i have seen that when they shave and reuse the razor it causes MORE acne. so i have heard Dr's advise for a couple of guys i know. use cheap BIC SINGLE blades and throw away. see the ones you reuse and have more blades are harsh AND since you already shaved with them, have a bacteria growing on it---hense more breakouts!

Old 01-16-2010, 11:53 AM
Tkt Tkt started this thread

44 posts, read 152,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Humble View Post
I don't know if you're asking because you have severe acne,
you guessed right

Quote:
I knew a guy who had terrible acne. No matter what he did nothing seemed to work. He tried over the counter, prescription stuff, special soaps, etc, and it only got worse. Then he realized that his girlfriend who had skin clear as water, never used soap at all, never put anything on her skin at all, only splashed it with water a few times a day. So he started doing this and in no time his skin started to clear up.
I tried special soaps, creams, more serious medication, ... nothing seems to work, which drives me insane ... I sometimes feel like I have a curse noone else has.

Quote:
If I'm off on why you asked, per your OP, I treat them as I do anybody else, of course.
That's great, really. You'r not like some, who seem to treat me like a freak ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason28 View Post
Try dating a cat instead. They tend to not get acne on fur. They do have terrible breath though so make sure they don't yawn around you.
Thanks, that made me laugh

Quote:
Haven't heard back from the OP. Just want to say that acne can be a source of great embarrassment and sadness. When I was in my early '20's I had a bout with it. Not that bad, but still. I tried the over the counter stuff and it did not work. Something this "minor" can be endlessly frustrating. If you're having a rough time, just hang in there.
In my case, it's quite severe. Even if in the evening, I've "cleaned" it all up, in the morning, it's there again
Some days, I don't even feel like going to school, because I'm afraid people will be disgusted by me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadeguy View Post
what if it's not acne? what if he or she is the best goaly the dart team ever had?

you guys seem a bit judgmental at times, sheesh.

as a former acne sufferer I can type that stuff!
How did you get rid off it?

How did people treat you/look at you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8palmtrees View Post
I am in my 30's and I get a bump or two especially when I am PMSing and stressing.
Honestly I think that the key to help clear up some of any acne is to
1. Wash your face twice a day (if you have sensitive skin use mild soaps like Dove unsented)
2. drink A LOT of water
3. Eat a lot of healthy food
4. Try to do yoga or something to calm any stress down
5. Change your pillow case at least 3 times a week.
I hope that this helps. Please keep us updated
Sadly, I do all of that already (except for the yoga ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
I had acne on and off as a kid, tho, not as bad as some. I grew out of it. Now that I'm getting older I'm developing malasma. Joy! /sc
Sorry to hear that

Old 01-16-2010, 12:09 PM

4,533 posts, read 8,339,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
You know, I've also read it's best to leave your skin alone. I've never been able to do it - at the least you have to take off make-up with SOMETHING! Some advise to not even use body wash or soap all over your body all the time and only clean the obvious areas. Same goes for washing hair - we do it too often and ruin it.
So how long in between washes should one do under the arms? Two years? Four years?

Old 01-16-2010, 12:18 PM

2,179 posts, read 3,403,895 times
First thing to know is it will pass. It really will. If I were you I would at least try the leaving it alone thing. It may get worse for a minute, but then I think you may see a drastic improvement. You are drying it too much to try to get rid of it. This sends a message to your glands to produce more oil to un-dry your skin, which them clogs the pores and gives you another pimple. And I'd also try heavy workouts. Go for runs, take karate or do something that is going to make you sweat A LOT at once, so that you will sweat less over a long period of time, gradually the way people that don't work out sweat. Try it.

Old 01-16-2010, 12:38 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,150,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebobs View Post
So how long in between washes should one do under the arms? Two years? Four years?
I did mention the "obvious" areas, did I not?!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness