U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2010, 03:41 PM

1,495 posts, read 4,438,106 times

Advertisements

Went to the eye doctor today because my eyes have been severely irritated and can't wear my contacts. Waited around two hours for the appt. Anyway, the first doctor looked me over and said I was fine and that I should just "buy" a bunch of eye drops until I find the one that works best...What kind of crap is that? I'm sitting there with red eyes that are itchy, teary, painful,and burning.

I was so angry and had to go to another that was not part of my insurance and pay because I was so desperate. She looked me over right away, said I had an infection, and prescribed me some drops.

What a difference. It's so difficult to find good doctors. At least I learned my lesson and won't ever go back to the first one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2010, 02:07 PM

443 posts, read 1,585,665 times
gone are the days where doctors cared about your well being. Now they're just worried about getting sued.

Old 01-20-2010, 03:32 PM

2,178 posts, read 8,222,930 times
Those days are gone and have been gone for awhile.

It is funny you mentioned "eye doctor"..I dropped one about 2 years ago because I was left sitting 2 to 3 hours in the waiting room with no apologies or explanation, the left in the exam room another 45 minutes, EVERY time I went. Every time I left, I had another appointment schedules for another "test" in 3 months. When I asked why I was having tests every 3 months, I was told "because that is what your insurance will pay for!"... That was the last time they saw me!

I have a family member that uses that doctor and she is complaining about those long waits now..

As for him not treating you, my guess is that he hoped you would come back in a few days for another appointment when your infection got really bad.. Double office visit fees...$$$

I had went to a doctor one time because I had a really bad sore throat. It hurt to bad to talk, could hardly swallow and had been that way for over a week. I had tried everything at home and nothing helped so it was time to see a doctor.

He looked at my throat, said "yes, it is raw and has to hurt pretty bad, continue doing what you are doing" and walked out. That was the last time I saw that one too! I did NOT need to pay him to verify I had a sore throat! I already knew that and so did anyone who heard me trying to talk!

Old 01-20-2010, 03:40 PM

8,415 posts, read 34,331,463 times
Sounds like 2 doctors that did not want to play the medicate for everything game. Not saying you guys were not sick. But if you presented it like that it sounds like whining. But it makes me laugh as I think about...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyossoHFDJg

The body has ability to clear a lot of infections on its own if people would just wait it out. I think a lot of doctors work that way. Then there are others that hand out pills left and right.

I would not of played around with the eye situation. I would of told him to give me anti-biotics. BUT for next time you can wash your eye out with honey water. Its a natural anti-biotic and its soothes the swelling and takes it down. Try it on a cut sometimes like neosporin and bandage it up. Next day results are better than neosporin.

Old 01-24-2010, 06:56 PM

51 posts, read 102,983 times
Do you think doctors sometimes ask you to remove your clothes when it is not really that necessary? When I was 19 or 20 I went to the doctor for recurring headaches. He examined my neck, shoulders, etc., and said my headaches could be the result of my heavy breasts. He had me put on the gown so he could see how they fit my body. He lifted them, moved them around... you know the drill. Turns out my headaches were from allergies. Question... did he just cop a feel because he could. I have always wondered.

Old 01-24-2010, 07:03 PM

1,963 posts, read 4,250,708 times
Ya, most of them could care less and are just jerks. I`ve only come across a small few who seem to care and show compassion.

Old 01-24-2010, 07:09 PM

51 posts, read 102,983 times
You would think a doctor could diagnose an allergy infection without feeling a girl's breasts. You'd think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or